Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump a lot tougher on Colin Kaepernick than on Vladimir Putin. 

Peafully, respectfully and quietly Protesting oppression of blacks by authorities during American anthem: bad. 

Subverting American democracy: no big deal.

Edited by Thakkar

15 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Jones owner of the Cowboys put his foot down. And I would not be at all surprised the entire league follows suit.

Old news, that was before the kickoff of the NFL pre season. The situation has changed since.

Edited by stevenl

39 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

3 Minutes of hitting the nail on the head! Can't argue with that - oh but there are a few on here that will  :coffee1:

Says it all.

11 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Jones owner of the Cowboys put his foot down. And I would not be at all surprised the entire league follows suit.

Says nothing.

920x920.jpg.677bc9f8dfbbcdcdb3c4d6430cc5d32b.jpg

13 hours ago, amvet said:

What they do?  Who did it?  How much did they spend?  What effect did it have? 

There was no attack only your ideas of an attack.  Of course I could be wrong. 

Who, what and how much and what effect did it have.  No one ever answers these questions because the answers would make CNN look silly.  Now let me predict you will mock me instead of answering my legitimate questions.  Right?

http://offendedamerica.com/evidence-overwhelming-russia-tried-hurt-trumps-campaign-not-help/

This is about the only sensible answer you will get.

12 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Is that Jones and the same Dallas cowboys that all knelt down together at the start of the last game? So Jones, the owner of the cowboys has not 'put his foot down', he put his knee down.

These youtube vids with only one image and a robot voice are like that for a reason. They are crap fake videos aimed at the most gullible people in society. We can now see how you pass your time on the tube. You must be educated beyond belief. Instead of putting up robot voices with what you want people to think that Jerry Jones said why not put up a video of what Jerry Jones says himself.............but that wouldn't fit your agenda now would it. Making America Hate Again.

14 minutes ago, attrayant said:

It's the perfect deflection from the fact owners have for years, covered for players who commit violent acts against women, and other acts that present a danger to the public, and cover for players using PEDs, players who routinely deliver headshots to opponents, and the owners denied players have CTE, and to boost the sagging TV ratings that resulted from the previous.  

It's a massive marketing ploy.

Edited by Ramen087

4 hours ago, amvet said:

They were from white players

Is that right?

White guys now is it who said:

4 hours ago, amvet said:

amvet said:

1.  Dude's a chump. 

2.  Jive turkey. 

3.  I didn't vote vote but if I did it would not be fo dat honkey. 

4.  The next 64 interviews were non verbal.

You have yet to provide a source for your claim that you heard them in "interviews with the players" that you "listened to".

Still waiting.

:coffee1:

On 9/25/2017 at 9:13 AM, selftaopath said:

Is being a draft dodger and tax evader being disrespectful to the country and flag? 45 is guilty of both. Loyalty to the country? Is he wanting a full investigation into Russia's act of war? Is he calling for ways to safeguard any country from penetrating our cyberspace? Hell no. He just wants to stir sxxx and detract the focus on his own un-constitutional actions. He is the most corrupt (sad to say) elected official in U.S. history. I totally despise him.

draft dodger.jpg

"Trump clashes with sports world over player protests" is the topic. Social justice protesters who protest's (police brutality ), should not be allowed to protest  on the field during a sporting event.To take a knee during my countries Anthem is the same as disrespecting my flag and country.These multi million dollar sports entertainer's should organize their protest in front of every major cities police station's in the USA .They have the money to organize this but maybe not for long.

14 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Never let the timeline or the facts get in the way of a Trump bashing thread. That's how it rolls here.

You are making no sense. Somebody posts a vid of Jones saying people should stand for the flag, but forgets to tell he said that before the pre season. Looking at his own actions the situation has changed, and now you claim "Never let the timeline or the facts get in the way of a Trump bashing thread." :cheesy:

8 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

It's the perfect deflection from the fact owners have for years, covered for players who commit violent acts against women, and other acts that present a danger to the public, and cover for players using PEDs, players ho routinely deliver headshot to opponents, and then the owners denied players have CTE, and to boost the sagging TV ratings that resulted from the previous.  

Talk about "perfect deflection"

You've crafted quite a remarkable pile right there. ^^^

No surprise, you have been inventing them for the dotard religiously...

:coffee1:

11 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Speaking of "mocking," how do you feel about Trump "mocking" an American war hero?

[Trump is not a patriot. He is a coward who potentially colluded with a hostile foreign power to win a presidential election. No person should physically mock a vet who sacrificed their body for our nation. It is unfathomable that the Commander in Chief would mock John McCain.]

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/09/27/vets-blast-trump-disrespecting-veterans-physically-mocking-john-mccain.html

Are you really an American vet?  Sure don't sound like it.

McCain is not a war hero in the eyes of many.  There is plenty of evidence in Google etc. but I did a bit for you/others.

"he grotesquely betrayed that honor when, under the pressures of torture, he broke. He abjectly signed a “confession” declaring him a “black criminal” and an “air pirate.” 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-true-nature-of-john-mccains-heroism

There is a book you should read if you want the details/truth:

https://www.amazon.com/Why-John-McCain-not-Hero-ebook/dp/B012B7M7HS

And as detailed in this post - he aint a good guy - he is a traitor and deceiver:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/07/20/the-horrors-of-john-mccain-war-hero-or-war-criminal/

McCain is often called a “war hero”, a title adorning an unlovely resume starting with a father who was an admiral and graduation fifth from the bottom at the US Naval Academy, where he earned the nickname “McNasty”. McCain flew 23 bombing missions over North Vietnam, each averaging about half an hour, total time ten hours and thirty minutes. For these brief excursions the admiral’s son was awarded two Silver Stars, two Legions of Merit, two Distinguished Flying Crosses, three Bronze Stars, the Vietnamese Legion of Honor and three Purple Hearts."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-true-nature-of-john-mccains-heroism

And he betrayed the man that saved his life when he was shot down:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-542277/How-war-hero-John-McCain-betrayed-Vietnamese-peasant-saved-life.html

And now he is betraying the GOP and America by refusing to support any Trump initiative, because Trump claimed he wasnt a 'real' war hero.  And as shown in the above he aint:- he didnt fight, didnt save anyone, didnt risk his life in the face of death.  He only got medals and awards because his daddy was Admiral. That is why Trump said he is not a 'real' war hero, which was probably not a wise move for a politician, but as we know DJT speaks from the heart and is not a smooth as silk deceiving politician like the previous POTUS. 

McCain is a nasty vindictive scumbag and he aint no war hero in my opinion and in using the normally accepted definition of a war hero (but Daddy fixed all that).

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

"Trump clashes with sports world over player protests" is the topic. Social justice protesters who protest's (police brutality ), should not be allowed to protest  on the field during a sporting event.To take a knee during my countries Anthem is the same as disrespecting my flag and country.These multi million dollar sports entertainer's should organize their protest in front of every major cities police station's in the USA .They have the money to organize this but maybe not for long.

It always amazes me about how constititutionally illiterate some people are. The founding fathers would have been horrified by your emotional attaching to a piece of cloth and and a repurposed and melodically dubious drinking song. They were men of The Enlightenment and wanted government based on rationality. Your kind of primitive sentiments would have been anathema to them.

15 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

It's the perfect deflection from the fact owners have for years, covered for players who commit violent acts against women, and other acts that present a danger to the public, and cover for players using PEDs, players who routinely deliver headshots to opponents, and the owners denied players have CTE, and to boost the sagging TV ratings that resulted from the previous.  

And that Ladies and Gentlemen is in fact a ..............perfect deflection!

Faced with an inconvenient truth our distinguished member now starts deflecting towards NFL players who are guilty of domestic or on field violence.

Simply breath taking! 

My Father said to me "son, always remember that the only thing you can take to the grave with you that belongs to you is your integrity'. That has been one of my life's mantra's. What are you taking to the grave with you Ramen087? because it won't be integrity.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:12 AM, Andaman Al said:

Trump has done everything in his power to destroy democracy in the USA , and he is by far from finished. The totally amazing thing is he actually has a sizeable group of people who blindly follow him. It is insane. If a guy wants to take a knee then leave him, don't make a fuss, ignore it and he will stop. Don't tell me that sportsman is disrespecting his country, flag, constitution etc when you are openly supporting one of the biggest traitors since Judas. YOU are showing far more disrespect for the USA and the Flag by supporting Trump than the guy taking a knee.  Is it disrespectful for a President who has never believed in a God or Jesus to be 'pretending' to be a follower of Jesus and now leading prayers with evangelicals because he wants their votes? Is it not more respectful if you are a non believer to simply stay silent during prayers, and not state in a speech to the UN that the US will achieve under our God !! I have a bridge for sale in London and I know there are around 30 million people in the USA I could sell it to......gullible Trump supporters.

You are misguided by your hatred for Trump .This issue at hand of  disrespect for my flag was not started by Trump it was started by  Colin Kaepernick. Don't blame Trump!

7 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

McCain is not a war hero in the eyes of many.  There is plenty of evidence in Google etc. but I did a bit for you/others.

"he grotesquely betrayed that honor when, under the pressures of torture, he broke. He abjectly signed a “confession” declaring him a “black criminal” and an “air pirate.” 

There is a book you should read if you want the details/truth:

https://www.amazon.com/Why-John-McCain-not-Hero-ebook/dp/B012B7M7HS

And as detailed in this post - he aint a good guy - he is a traitor and deceiver:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/07/20/the-horrors-of-john-mccain-war-hero-or-war-criminal/

McCain is often called a “war hero”, a title adorning an unlovely resume starting with a father who was an admiral and graduation fifth from the bottom at the US Naval Academy, where he earned the nickname “McNasty”. McCain flew 23 bombing missions over North Vietnam, each averaging about half an hour, total time ten hours and thirty minutes. For these brief excursions the admiral’s son was awarded two Silver Stars, two Legions of Merit, two Distinguished Flying Crosses, three Bronze Stars, the Vietnamese Legion of Honor and three Purple Hearts."

And he betrayed the man that saved his life when he was shot down:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-542277/How-war-hero-John-McCain-betrayed-Vietnamese-peasant-saved-life.html

And now he is betraying the GOP and America by refusing to support any Trump initiative, because Trump claimed he wasnt a 'real' war hero.  And as shown in the above he aint:- he didnt fight, didnt save anyone, didnt risk his life in the face of death.  He only got medals and awards because his daddy was Admiral. That is why Trump said he is not a 'real' war hero, which was probably not a wise move for a politician, but as we know DJT speaks from the heart and is not a smooth as silk deceiving politician like the previous POTUS. 

McCain is a nasty vindictive scumbag and he aint no war hero in my opinion and in using the normally accepted definition of a war hero (but Daddy fixed all that).

Your post is an utter disgrace.

I would like to see how well you would hold out under torture you SOB. (I can say that now as the President of the United States has set the precedent that it is ok).

I have flown many many combat missions, in wars in aircraft and putting you in that environment for even 10 minutes would have you crapping your pants to over flowing. The only "nasty vindictive scumbag" around here is you and people that have really been to war do not give a crap about your opinion of what a war hero is. I was going to report your post and ask for it to be removed for the offensive piece of diatribe that it is, but thought it better that the post remains so that everyone can see what a dreadful human being you are. What a great legacy you leave.

I see that Fox News decided to go get an NFL "legend" to come on prime-time and castigate the various, sitters, kneelers and locker room hiders. They had to scrape the barrel a bit but they did finally get Pete Gogolak.

Remember him?

NY Giants supporters need not answer (unless they had to google him first).

24 minutes ago, riclag said:

To take a knee during my countries Anthem is the same as disrespecting my flag and country

Your country's anthem?

Quite a deplorable history behind it.

Perhaps that's why some so fervently defend it...

During his lifetime, abolitionists ridiculed Key’s words,

sneering that America was more like the “Land of the Free and Home of the Oppressed”

"In 1814, Key was a slaveholding lawyer from an old Maryland plantation family,

who thanks to a system of human bondage had grown rich and powerful."

"When he wrote the poem that would, in 1931, become the national anthem and proclaim our nation “the land of the free,”

like Jefferson, Key not only profited from slaves, he harbored racist conceptions of American citizenship and human potential."

"Africans in America, he said, were: “a distinct and inferior race of people,

which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community.”

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/wheres-debate-francis-scott-keys-slave-holding-legacy-180959550/

This tome to oppression written by a fanatical racist should be banned from anywhere.

That the acolytes wrap themselves in it, is reprehensible.

And an absolute display of ignorance.

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

You are misguided by your hatred for Trump .This issue at hand of  disrespect for my flag was not started by Trump it was started by  Colin Kaepernick. Don't blame Trump!

The issue of Kaepernick disrespecting the your flag was indeed started by Trump, because Kaepernick and all the media reported quite clearly that when he took the knee, he was protesting police brutality against blacks following what was essentially a legal murder of an unarmed man.

You are the one misguided by your LOVE for Trump. You would have no idea what real respect for your flag even is. When Trump took office he swore an oath to protect the constitution, and Kaepernick was exercising his right under the first amendment, whether you like it or not.

Where is the moral out rage bus about the Westboro Baptist Church and their hatred of our soldiers and flag and constitution? Cant have a go at anyone in the bible belt, those huckbilly's are part of the core supporter base, but instead have a go at the blacks, that will stir up the huckbilly's even more.

This is what disrespect for YOUR flag looks like!