Booze sales banned on beach starting in Oct.

Rimmer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clock strikes 1 minute to midnight. Used to represent World Nuclear Destruction! Now represents Thailand Tourist business, Vietnam must be applauding this near neighbour. My next country will be Vietnam. Cleaner beaches less rip offs . less agro, and CHEAPER. All my Aussie friends now say Vietnam is the go place to get away from bull sht. I cannot believe a country can internally kill it's own tourism. Ahh but Thailand can yes. :-)

I am so not shocked by this I a have Been saying this will happen for a long time. How long till you can drink a beer anywhere in open in Thailand. 

But what I am shocked about is the rule that vendors have to where aprons. Whats that about it didn't see that coming. 

The powers in charge do not care about Western tourists nor do they want them to come. It's all about money and the money is in Chinese tourism and bringing Thais to Pattaya on weekends and holidays. This is just another example of a concerted effort to force Western tourists to go elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The powers in charge do not care about Western tourists nor do they want them to come. It's all about money and the money is in Chinese tourism and bringing Thais to Pattaya on weekends and holidays. This is just another example of a concerted effort to force Western tourists to go elsewhere. 

When I was in China drinking beer in groups was very 'cool' thing to do amongst the wealthy youngsters.

18 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

When I was in China drinking beer in groups was very 'cool' thing to do amongst the wealthy youngsters.

Always just ran across the street to 7-11 before anyway...better selection and cheaper. Or bought from the bicycle peddlers (pedallers :biggrin:)  When/if I go back, will just do so again. Can ALWAYS get a beer here anytime/anywhere if really want one. Worst case...just load up a cooler full and ice and tote my own. 

Was out the other night in Bangers market area and 7-11 couldn't/wouldn't sell beer after midnight. Just found a girl selling cold drinks and she had a stash of ice cold Leos for B40 each. FUK these idiotic rules. Always been a workaround and always will be! :drunk: :vampire:

Edited by Skeptic7

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Nobody say they can't, but they may have to go to the 7/11 next to them :sleep:

but not before 11.00 and not after 14.00 until 17.00.  Can't have the schoolchildren getting drunk, can we?

Many of my best evenings have been at beach bars enjoying the atmosphere and making new friends.  Is this finished?

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I think you should have the option HooHaa... I really like the Asian way of going to the beach, take the family & friends, sit under cover, read the paper, eat some food play some board games, have a beer , while the kids run down to the water etc..in Oz I never stayed more than an hour at the beach.

Such a small cost for a nice day out.......

They cant sell booze but you can take your own, it gets a bit silly.

The next step is banning booze. This move is an attack on Thais and foreigners by the bullies in boots and uniforms who carry guns among the civilian population to intimidate them.