Booze sales banned on beach starting in Oct.

Rimmer

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Will it be a ban on alcohol on the beach, or just the selling of it ?

I can see a brisk trade in cool boxes being filled at stores and stashed in the back of cars......

The ban on the beach will follow. Just wait. Same as public parks.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An apron? Seriously, that is borderline cruel and humiliating, adding insult to the injury of taking away one source of income. It accomplishes nothing, brilliant, people just go to 711 to buy beer. Have they forgotten about the tracking bracelets to be worn at all times by tourists idea, didn't that solve all of their problems in Pataya? Whatever happened to that idea? What does an apron have to do with renting out chairs?  Even if the apron is clean don't many people have an association with it being rather dirty and grease spattered?  KInd of vaguely sickening when you think about it. How about one of those food servers hairnet caps to boot. I want my tracking bracelet dammit!

Just now, 55Jay said:

They are?

Yes. Operation Cobra Gold war exercise  used to see bars packed out with marines but not anymore.  All the Pattaya bars are off limits. Due to pressures from lesbian and feminist service women any marine found talking to a bar girl can be court martialed for people trafficking. When was the last time you saw a group of American marines in a Pattay bar?

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Yes. Operation Cobra Gold war exercise  used to see bars packed out with marines but not anymore.  All the Pattaya bars are off limits. Due to pressures from lesbian and feminist service women any marine found talking to a bar girl can be court martialed for people trafficking. When was the last time you saw a group of American marines in a Pattay bar?

Not long enough! :vampire:

4 minutes ago, The manic said:

The last time they were in port - June I think.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

From a practical manner, how are they going to enforce this ban?

How are they going to know if the vendor supplied it or I did a byo?

This ban will be ignored because it can't be reasonably enforced.

I am sure drinking alcohol on the beach will eventually be banned in the same way that it is banned in National parks and other public places.

5 minutes ago, champers said:

The last time they were in port - June I think.

US Navy ship down in Phuket in August as well.

But I don't doubt The Manic, sure there were lots of restrictions during CG in Patts.  The Navy, in particular, has become very skittish and PC + the dip issues with the Junta/coup, etc.      But the Airdales up in Korat were having a good time, although it sure isn't Pattaya.  Thankfully.  :laugh: 

Anyway, back on topic.  Thanks The Manic for the info.

Edited by 55Jay

7 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

. I want my tracking bracelet dammit!

They are for sale in every bar in Pattaya.

The initial cost is around 300 baht, with a daily rental fee 

of around a 1000. 

Please remember the fees are non returnable

but you  can return the  unit if it starts to malfunction.  

( this can happen some times )

A new model is aways available or an up grade for a small fee.

Good luck with your personal tracking device in Pattaya. :jap:

Seriously, what are these people thinking. They really seem to be trying their hardest to keep  tourists from visiting Thailand. 

I've decided to stay away from Phuket because of the new regulations on the beaches down their. 

I've young kids and i like visiting the beach so i don't want my kids been burned from the sun due to no umbrellas on  the beach. Sun cream only does so much.

Are they trying to keep the beaches clean? Maybe hire 3 people to walk the beach and clean it instead of keeping tourists away and vendors earning no money. 

Maybe if tourists could see more  rubbish bins they would dispose of their rubbish. 

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Booze sales banned on beach starting in Oct.

image.png

PATTAYA:--Beach vendors starting next month no longer will be permitted to sell alcohol.

Sanitation chief Wasinpat Chimtin on Sept. 15 informed about 50 Jomtien and Pattaya beach chair vendors of the no-alcohol rules during a briefing on the slew of new regulations put in place by the army this summer.

In addition to not being able to sell booze, vendors all must wear aprons, must operate their single plot of chairs themselves, cannot sublease to others and must bid for their plot annually in a drawing.

This is apparently being done to project a favorable image during the International Fleet Show in November.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-09-25

Aloha

What about them "ALL" cleaning the beach down to waters edge, instead of just 5 to 10 meters below their chairs ?

2 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

The clock strikes 1 minute to midnight. Used to represent World Nuclear Destruction! Now represents Thailand Tourist business, Vietnam must be applauding this near neighbour. My next country will be Vietnam. Cleaner beaches less rip offs . less agro, and CHEAPER. All my Aussie friends now say Vietnam is the go place to get away from bull sht. I cannot believe a country can internally kill it's own tourism. Ahh but Thailand can yes. :-)

LOL. Almost every single day, I have been reading such predictions of doom for Thailand, from farangs, ever since i joined this forum about 10 years ago. The fact is that, the tourist numbers go up every year and the country has progressed greatly in the last 30 years, in terms of the standard of living of the locals & the infrastructure.

44 minutes ago, saakura said:

LOL. Almost every single day, I have been reading such predictions of doom for Thailand, from farangs, ever since i joined this forum about 10 years ago. The fact is that, the tourist numbers go up every year and the country has progressed greatly in the last 30 years, in terms of the standard of living of the locals & the infrastructure.

You're absolutely correct, though I'm loathe to admit it. Not because you say it, but because it's the truth. This country is bulletproof. The epitome of shooting oneself in the foot...falling ass-backwards into a pile of shit...and ALWAYS coming out smelling like a :402:!

It is uncanny what with all the political unrest, violent and economically destructive protests, coups, corruption, stupidity, hypocrisy, floods, droughts, moronic rules...laws...regulations...stupidity, bad decisions, ridiculous BS restrictions...has STUPIDITY been mentioned(?)...and on and on ad infinitum.:bah: Thailand is the Donald Trump of countries! :sick:

Edited by Skeptic7

They really don't think things through do they .. 

its obvious to me that they are trying to stretch the vendors to breaking point and in doing so helping to keep the beach clean ( in their minds ) . 

But what has already has been pointed out , people will just nip over the road and get from 7-11 . I used to buy my water ( aura ) is the only one I like and they never sell on the beach , if I ever went down there which was very rare. 

49 minutes ago, saakura said:

The numbers go up , but they ( namely Chinese and Indians ) don't spend . If you talk to shop owners , bars , etc .. and I can see clearly myself and I live here now , but been coming 26 years , just walking around , I live up Pratanmak , where tons of Chinese go daily taken by coach up to both hills , they spend .... nothing , very depressing for the vendors up there .. 

but they live in hope . 

5 hours ago, inThailand said:

Why don't they just ban tourists!

Well they would if the tourists still sent their money on holiday...

Thailand is :mfr_closed1:

You must deposit all your money in the box provided and the departure lounge is on the 2nd floor... :wai::jap::giggle:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

19 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Well they would if the tourists still sent their money on holiday...

Thailand is :mfr_closed1:

You must deposit all your money in the box provided and the departure lounge is on the 2nd floor... :wai::jap::giggle:

The Thailand most of us fell in :heart_001: with has been dead and :mfr_closed1: for the better part of a decade now. :sad: :post-4641-1156694606: