Booze sales banned on beach starting in Oct.

Rimmer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, champers said:

The last time they were in port - June I think.

There was no cobra gold exercise in June. And if there was there were certainly no American Marines or other USA Military in any bar in Pattaya. There is no 'shore leave'. Compared to a few years ago there are very few American tourists in Pattaya...try buying dollars there.  

Easy to get around just take your own down if you are wanting a drink..How many people go on holiday to tropical locations expecting to be able to get a drink if or when they please?I know the Chinese seldom drink and the  Russians buy theirs at 7/11 regardless ...but what the heck?These people are turning this country into Singapore 2!

I'm sure that the ordinary working Thais in Pattaya and the hoards of ordinary Thais who head to Jomtien on Sundays are in full agreement with this policy, NOT.

Passengers in pickups/bakkies policy comes to mind. The army are organising the (re?election) campaign for Prayut using Teresa May's campaign manual!

Edited by SantiSuk

Way to go!  Great thinking about making the tourists from other parts of the world feel

welcome. Maybe they are thinking of the non drinking Muslims who come to Thailand

in droves compared with the rest of the tourists. Yes TAT is thinking of the big picture.

NOT!

Geezer

2 minutes ago, akampa said:

Sanitation chief Wasinpat Chimtin what does he have to do with banning booze maybe he should clean the beaches and the turds in the sea.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

He is blaming falangs after drinking on the beach and then pissing in the sea for the disgusting sea water?

I don't think it is fair or convenient to make them bid every year.  How can one plan for that?  I can understand others wanting a shot, but doing it every year seems pretty disruptive to me.  As for the not beer part, well that is stupid. Do the people in charge have any touch in reality?  Is this a subtle reflection of the PM's wishes?  Is he a "mormon" or a tea totaller?

I was in Jomtien last year, in the time that the King passed away.
Sales of alcohol forbidden everywhere.

But I think that the sales of alcohol made an all-time high revenue in sales.
People drinking alcohol same as always on the beach and in the bars while the "Royal" police was sitting a few meters further.

TIT

when you are walking along the beach in the morning, there is plenty of space without chairs... very beautiful... however the space is full of rubbish, empty bottles, looking more like a rubbish bin than a beach. Why nobody is cleaning these places? No income ... no service 

so what !

i have no desire to sit watching turd & condom floaters on pattaya beach ....not to mention the rats & rat shit everywhere...

must be the dirtiest beach i have ever seen in my life !

well ,  i was in mumbai recently and that came close .

How's about banning littering and litterers?
That won't work. Thais won't pay the 100 baht fine and you can t arrest them all, not enough jail cells in the whole world for that... So... It will be 2000 baht for farangs only for flicking a cigarette butt.. Still rubbish on the beach!