Thailand’s tourism numbers continue to soar

snoop1130

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

There you go ...  it gets a bit tiring to hear the negativity day after day. Why bother living in Thailand if everything is wrong with the place.

Like I said .... we keep hearing that all the farang are leaving ....  BS.

From the full article:

"So where did tourists come from in August?

• China, 982,212 +10.30%

• Malaysia, 277,606 +9.52%

• South Korea, 164,001 +16.52%

• Japan, 162,703 +5.03%

• Laos,158,377 +4.18%

• India, 116,376 +14.77%

• Hong Kong, 93,136 +8.88%

• Vietnam, 90,502 +9.17%

• Cambodia, 82,776 +20.84%

• Singapore, 81,366 + 21.2%."

Not a western county listed.  No westerners in the picture either.

2 hours ago, SoulWater said:

I would go to Cambodia if I liked beaches and that is what they are going to look like in the future - not enough room to swing my pussy in there 

I was in Cambodia, Serendipity Beach, about six years ago.  Hypodermic needles in the sand and bags of mystery muck floating in the water.  Perhaps that's why it wasn't crowded.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

There you go ...  it gets a bit tiring to hear the negativity day after day. Why bother living in Thailand if everything is wrong with the place.

Like I said .... we keep hearing that all the farang are leaving ....  BS.

I am one of the naysayers who is getting tired of hearing that the tourist figures have gone up yet again! I can not ever recall a comment by TAT to say that the tourist figures have gone down!  Yet, I can not recall my neck of the woods ever being as quiet - maybe they've all gone up to Esan to discover the 'real" Thailand, or to Pattaya to explore all the wondrous nature reserves?

And I am also getting a bit tired of hearing "if you don't like it, go home", and that if you make a negative comment suddenly "everything is wrong with the place".

46 minutes ago, djayz said:

So WHERE are these tourists? 

I sure don't see them around the usual "touristy spots". Are they all upstairs in their bedrooms sleeping? 

"They seek 'em here - they seek 'em there, from  Sukhumvit to Siam Square:guitar:"

1 hour ago, djayz said:

So WHERE are these tourists? 

I sure don't see them around the usual "touristy spots". Are they all upstairs in their bedrooms sleeping? 

A lot of the Chinese are in supermarkets and pharmacies, buying products that are of questionable quality and safety in China.