Pathumthani immigration moving

The Pathumthani immigration office is moving to a new location early in October. 

The new building is ready but seems only slightly bigger than than the existing office.

Its about 500m behind the Pathum thani Labour department, down a longish soi under the expressway.

l have a map but can't figure out how to attach it as its not on an URL and its not an "existing attachment".

Thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, pauln said:

l have a map but can't figure out how to attach it as its not on an URL and its not an "existing attachment".

If you have a copy (pic or scan) of it on your computer you can upload it by clicking on choose files.

1 hour ago, pauln said:

The Pathumthani immigration office is moving to a new location early in October. 

Out of curiosity how did you find out about this change?

It always worries me - particularly in the case of smaller offices like mine (Rayong) - that, at best, we shall only learn of any change of location purely by chance through someone posting on here (like you have done); or, at worst, through a wasted trip when we next need to have dealings with them.

Edited by OJAS

I find it interesting that it is not registered anywhere.

OP is the area you are talking about?

www.google dot co.th/maps/search/Pathum+thani+Labour+department/@14.0010972,100.5702141,19z

Sorry, but google map would not copy over.

This is not unexpected they moved the education department here a few months ago.  It will also make it a little easier to get to just wondering what all the drink stands will do lol

Would still like to know exactly where they will be?  Op where did you get your info so that we can confirm your post.  

No offense but a lot of duff info is given to expats and Thais that gets passed around as yes theis is happening. 

Edited by kingstonkid
change dot

56 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I find it interesting that it is not registered anywhere.

OP is the area you are talking about?

www.google dot co.th/maps/search/Pathum+thani+Labour+department/@14.0010972,100.5702141,19z

Sorry, but google map would not copy over.

This is not unexpected they moved the education department here a few months ago.  It will also make it a little easier to get to just wondering what all the drink stands will do lol

Would still like to know exactly where they will be?  Op where did you get your info so that we can confirm your post.  

No offense but a lot of duff info is given to expats and Thais that gets passed around as yes theis is happening. 

they are moving on oct 2 to the new place job to find unless they put bigger signs, and mind the ponds its a job for two to pass on the road, I have found new home for one lady that works there so I know its true.

rook with you 

1 hour ago, rook said:

they are moving on oct 2 to the new place job to find unless they put bigger signs, and mind the ponds its a job for two to pass on the road, I have found new home for one lady that works there so I know its true.

Where is the question

l was informed by the officer in the 90 day report office. There is a map on the wall of the office of the new location which l took a photo of. l also went to see the new office. lts not goibg to be easy for anyone without your own transportm

IMG_25600926_103407.jpg

Edited by Guest

I have some doubts about the accuracy of the coordinates.

This is a picture of the new office:

pathumthani_immi.jpg

And the viewpoint is at:

Very close to the river.

Don't forget your rubber boots :smile:

The other coordinates (QR code) are in the middle of nowhere. Kind of a swamp.

EDIT: coordinates were from the old office, map removed.

Edited by KhunBENQ
mixed up coordinates and map with old office

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

In this case they have indeed built something new in the middle of nowhere.

In 2012 (Street View) the area was just swamp and ponds?

https://goo.gl/maps/Rm39VzYAiu12

Old office?

A picture from 2015:

11425492_831780426919053_575225657133440

Now wait for a local to visit the place.

Too far for me :biggrin:

Yes, old office right by the river, floods regularly.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

The new office location is (if the GPS is correct) not far from us, I'll take a ride out tomorrow and verify.

Looking forward.

I obviously fell into a trap:

the picture of the new office that I posted is correct, but the coordinates are from the old office :wacko:

And the website of the immigration indeed confirms the coordinates from that QR code.

It was a "swamp" and they must have done quite a building job there.

http://pathumthani.imm.police.go.th/index1.htm

Here we go, easy driving directions (ok YouTube video). Video starts heading south on Tiwanon Road approaching the Krung Siam St Carlos medical centre which can be seen on the right at about the 1 minute mark.

The place everyone will go wrong is the left turn under the expressway down the nice thin road.

When you come back out do NOT turn right, you will meet some very unhappy Thai motorists.

As usual music is provided by BBC Radio 2, this time it's the 50th birthday show, happy 50th Radio 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, Crossy said:

Does anyone know if they have actually moved yet? The old office was on TV last evening in the piece on flooding in Sam Khok.

yes they have moved and I know two people that went there on the 4th

• 3 weeks later...

Well frack me! Crossy, thanks for the video. KhunBENQ, thank you for the map. I was able to match the 2. I'd have never found it without yalls help. Looks like I'll contract a taxi for this trip. I live in East Pathum Thani so he'll get a good payday, to, wait and from. :) 

On 9/29/2017 at 2:40 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I have some doubts about the accuracy of the coordinates.

This is a picture of the new office:

pathumthani_immi.jpg

And the viewpoint is at:

Very close to the river.

Don't forget your rubber boots :smile:

The other coordinates (QR code) are in the middle of nowhere. Kind of a swamp.

EDIT: coordinates were from the old office, map removed.

Hi , very confusing these wrong coordinates posted by the Thai Government. If somebody has been there after it opened could he or she post the google map link and the exact coordinates, please?

28 minutes ago, rjhklein said:

Hi , very confusing these wrong coordinates posted by the Thai Government. If somebody has been there after it opened could he or she post the google map link and the exact coordinates, please?

Posted earlier and the map is correct. The pin is at the correct location but is out of date when looking at satellite view.

29 minutes ago, rjhklein said:

Big thanks for Pauln about the office moving. I was there a couple of weeks before his post doing an extension and they did not say anything about moving and I would have gone all the way to the old office.

Also Big thanks to Crossy for the video, made the place so easy to find which could have been difficult based off their map.  Not to mention the tip to turn left and not right when leaving. I bet there has been a few accidents there!

And finally thank you Pathumthani Immigration moving into a more central area (I live in Thanayaburi) plus I can now put away my gumboots and roll down my pants when I do my 90 day reports.

I went there yesterday.  Tooka taxi from the dreamworld area it is quite easy to get to.  A couple of points though don't look for the immigration sign on the main road it is at the l turn that you have to make. LOL

The staff there are not as easy going as they were before.  It is a very official atmosphere than before.  While the room for visa extensions is bigger the area for us is smaller.  

The photocopying service is out on the road if you have to make copies.

As to gum rubbers, I would still keep them handy they are in a swamp area and the water could get high although they are not as bad off as they were.