Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

you need to read the facts.  she is guilty by the court. nothing to do with Khun Prayuth making the decision.  Stop supporting criminal activity.

You need to understand the context of what you're replying to. My comments were specifically directed toward a comment about possible extradition.

"Stop supporting criminal activity"... That's a ridiculous conclusion to make from my post. I could just as easily say to you... "Stop supporting military takeovers of elected governments"...  but it would be equally stupid, so I won't.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, cornishcarlos said:

Her "alleged" negligence is just negligence now that she has been convicted !!

That's the last we'll see of her now... New beginnings :)

New and improved rorters complete with a escape clause lol.

50 minutes ago, halloween said:

After they win the election they will have to pass an amnesty for all their criminals. Easier said than done.

Much easier to grant yourself an amnesty and shred the constitution if you are the military. All the corruptions and nothing to fear. 

14 minutes ago, hang1 said:

will england send her back to thailand?

Article 5 of the Thailand-UK extradition treaty.

A fugitive criminal shall not be surrendered if the offence in respect of which his surrender is demanded is
deemed by the Party on whom the demand is made to be one of a political character, or if he prove that the
requisition for his surrender has in fact been made with a view to try or punish him for an offence of a political nature.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

A fugitive criminal shall not be surrendered if the offence in respect of which his surrender is demanded is
deemed by the Party on whom the demand is made to be one of a political character, or if he prove that the
requisition for his surrender has in fact been made with a view to try or punish him for an offence of a political nature.

What some crininal from england. Ran to thailand wouldn't england want them sent back?

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It's not political, it's negligence.. But who wants her back anyway - just a lot more headaches if she's back, just like Thaksin being brought back. 

19 minutes ago, Artisi said:

It's not political, it's negligence.. But who wants her back anyway - just a lot more headaches if she's back, just like Thaksin being brought back. 

Even a blind man can see this was political. Why stage a coup if not for political excuses to rid political enemies. It is about exerting the amount of pressure on the justice system to take care of business. Negligence was just the excuse needed. You see mountain of negligence in the military and their political allies that not prosecuted. 

25 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Even a blind man can see this was political. Why stage a coup if not for political excuses to rid political enemies. It is about exerting the amount of pressure on the justice system to take care of business. Negligence was just the excuse needed. You see mountain of negligence in the military and their political allies that not prosecuted. 

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

but a blind man is not involved, just the rule of law -- charged and found guilty of negligence, not political mumbo-jumbo. 

But don't worry, nobody will be pushing for her return.

Edited by Artisi

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

but a blind man is not involved, just the rule of law -- charged and found guilty of negligence, not political mumbo-jumbo. 

But don't worry, nobody will be pushing for her return.

Rule of law fairly practiced here? 

Why want her back when you go the extreme to plan her escape. They even write a law to prevent her from coming back. That's the level of inferiority complex the military has competing on a level playing field. 

40 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not political a true crime was comitted. I know it does not fit in your world view.

First of Boonsong was into fake g2g deals (this was known back in the time already people reported on it) It was now proven in a court of law.

JY removed Boonsong in 2013 acknowledging the fake g2g deals but dit nothing to stop them. So she allowed the corruption she had knowledge of to go on costing the country 30 billion baht... not a little bit of money. Had she cancelled the fake deals she would be in the clear she did not. Probably because the ones benefiting the rice traders were linked to her brother. 

This is all proven in a court of law.. they did not judge the rice program, the judged her for allowing corruption she knew about to go on.

If you call that political then indeed your a true red believer.

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not political a true crime was comitted. I know it does not fit in your world view.

First of Boonsong was into fake g2g deals (this was known back in the time already people reported on it) It was now proven in a court of law.

JY removed Boonsong in 2013 acknowledging the fake g2g deals but dit nothing to stop them. So she allowed the corruption she had knowledge of to go on costing the country 30 billion baht... not a little bit of money. Had she cancelled the fake deals she would be in the clear she did not. Probably because the ones benefiting the rice traders were linked to her brother. 

This is all proven in a court of law.. they did not judge the rice program, the judged her for allowing corruption she knew about to go on.

If you call that political then indeed your a true red believer.

"If you call that political then indeed your a true red believer." --  now that would be an understatement ...

58 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Some of us it was to stop criminals pillaging the country, borrowing so there would be more to steal, suborning the police, reducing funding for independent agencies, ignoring parliamentary procedure, and trying to write amnesty for their criminal behaviour.

I still see my question as to why exPMs, military chiefs, police chiefs and top ministry  DG where corruption occurs constantly were/are not charged and convicted in the same way. Unless someone give me a reasonable and intelligent answer, I will still call her a victim of political persecution. 

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I still see my question as to why exPMs, military chiefs, police chiefs and top ministry  DG where corruption occurs constantly were/are not charged and convicted in the same way. Unless someone give me a reasonable and intelligent answer, I will still call her a victim of political persecution. 

Call the Virgin Mary if you like, doesn't change the fact she was tried and convicted for negligence ..... 

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You will call black white if it suits your purpose. Fact is she is convicted based on crimes crimes you can't deny and even try to. So you go for the last thing you can do calling it political . There are actually quite a few people convicted for corruption and some not.

You know there are also quite a lot of people who drive to fast convicted for speeding.. but not everyone. Some get off call it luck... call it lack of evidence. It happens tough luck learn to live with it. 

What you should be asking yourself... was the Thaksin amnesty all worth it or not. That is what the got the ball rolling, had she not done that she would still be in power, and had the power to protect herself and hide her negligence and the corruption of her minions. 

51 minutes ago, robblok said:

You will call black white if it suits your purpose. Fact is she is convicted based on crimes crimes you can't deny and even try to. So you go for the last thing you can do calling it political . There are actually quite a few people convicted for corruption and some not.

You know there are also quite a lot of people who drive to fast convicted for speeding.. but not everyone. Some get off call it luck... call it lack of evidence. It happens tough luck learn to live with it. 

What you should be asking yourself... was the Thaksin amnesty all worth it or not. That is what the got the ball rolling, had she not done that she would still be in power, and had the power to protect herself and hide her negligence and the corruption of her minions. 

How fast you forgotten this headlines "Coup plot hatched in 2010 says PDRC Chief Suthep". 

Still in power was never in the plans of the plotters. She has as much chance as a snowflake in hell to stay in power.  

4 hours ago, halloween said:

Some of us it was to stop criminals pillaging the country, borrowing so there would be more to steal, suborning the police, reducing funding for independent agencies, ignoring parliamentary procedure, and trying to write amnesty for their criminal behaviour.

Here he goes again bleating on about the attempted amnesty of the legally elected government when the military junta who took power and suspended basic human rights gave themselves the mother of all such things.

I must admit it's kind of fascinating to read the rantings of someone so completely blind to his own hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Here he goes again bleating on about the attempted amnesty of the legally elected government when the military junta who took power and suspended basic human rights gave themselves the mother of all such things.

I must admit it's kind of fascinating to read the rantings of someone so completely blind to his own hypocrisy.

No comment on the other points?

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

How fast you forgotten this headlines "Coup plot hatched in 2010 says PDRC Chief Suthep". 

Still in power was never in the plans of the plotters. She has as much chance as a snowflake in hell to stay in power.  

Are you seriously basing a conspiracy theory on the credibility of Suthep? Don't you remember how many of his statements from the same period you have discounted as lies?

Edited by halloween

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

Call the Virgin Mary if you like, doesn't change the fact she was tried and convicted for negligence ..... 

Hey el, what your really saying is that not everybody who has murdered people have been convicted, therefore all people who commit murder should not be convicted.

Really, who you actually follow this logic (your logic) if a personal loved one was murdered? I very much doubt! In fact I would sincerely hope you wouldn't take that stance. 

And you expect people to accept your logic on the same point in regard to massive dereliction of duty, by saying not everyone has been convicted therefore for yl your claiming the substantial and obvious evidence should be ignored and the matter should be seen as political persecution.

No further comment needed. 

Edited by scorecard