SURVEY: Should Yingluck be granted political asylum?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Yingluck be granted political asylum?  

364 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Sorry, but they were two different cases, and anyway her maximum-exposure was 10-years.

ok thanks, I read a report here http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/25/c_136555392.htm it mentions a historical case, I thought it was the same case as yl but after further reading I can now see it was a separate case. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, farcanell said:

Perhaps the reality is more that she screwed up by not pre pardoning herself, as this seems to be an accepted part of the Thai system, as is corruption (which is deemed acceptable by an horrendous percentage of the population, especially bangkokians.). .... but seemingly now her enemies are complaining about (her) corruption, so it's arguably them that's not conforming to the norm re the Thai system

Yes you could be right. I was just having a quiet dig at her. When the situation changes and they can't have their cake and eat it too they seem to 'disown' whatever they like.

On 10/1/2017 at 4:53 PM, jgarbo said:

OK. Failing to attend a conviction hearing is contempt of court. But that leaves only collusion, theft and fraud. 

What else is a lawfully elected leader supposed to do when charged with  crimes created after the fact by her political opponents, in a kangaroo court paneling judges likely corrupt, paneled by her political foes. Sounds like the deck is stacked from the beginning. 

On 10/1/2017 at 6:33 PM, Eric Loh said:

Are you trying to insinuate that the Hakka are scammers? Even back in China? There are men of high morality and principle that are Hakka like Sun Yet Sen, Deng and Lee Kuan Yew. You furthering your hatred for the Shin in a wrong way like spewing nonsense. 

Spewing nonsense. Well for you el make that spewing untruths, division, diversion, twist..... 

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

What else is a lawfully elected leader supposed to do when charged with  crimes created after the fact by her political opponents, in a kangaroo court paneling judges likely corrupt, paneled by her political foes. Sounds like the deck is stacked from the beginning. 

And take that same sentiment back 10 - 12 years or so, including the time when someone (well known to all) tried to openly 'guide' 'justice' with a snack box with 3 million Baht cash, there for all to see. 

On 10/1/2017 at 6:33 PM, Eric Loh said:

Are you trying to insinuate that the Hakka are scammers? Even back in China? There are men of high morality and principle that are Hakka like Sun Yet Sen, Deng and Lee Kuan Yew. You furthering your hatred for the Shin in a wrong way like spewing nonsense. 

Question to el: Who provided you with this info? I doubt very much you are capable of knowing what day it is let along this level of research, assuming of course it's even accurate. 

Is it possible to have a different view on here without upsetting the likes of scorecard and bareboxer and the likes of?  These people must be geniuses as they always know the real facts and us lowlifes seem know nothing.

My old school teacher use to say that those who spew out garbage are those who are on shaky ground. I wish she was alive today as I would go see her and check my garbage levels, anyone want to come with me.

7 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

The UK have already sheltered despots like Pinochet a dictator and his wife, Taksin, numerous fraudsters from Turkey and elsewhere. Why not shelter another fraudster it is well in keeping with the acceptance in the UK of corrupt individuals with money. Shame on the UK whom I paid 40 yeats taxes to.

What the hell are yeats taxes must be something in ones mind

Ups someone can't get the wife a visa

12 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

The UK have already sheltered despots like Pinochet a dictator and his wife, Taksin, numerous fraudsters from Turkey and elsewhere. Why not shelter another fraudster it is well in keeping with the acceptance in the UK of corrupt individuals with money. Shame on the UK whom I paid 40 yeats taxes to.

I fear you are correct. You missed out Karl Marx btw.

However Toxin was found out by the Football Association and he left in disgrace to stay in Dubai. He didn't get asylum in the UK as far as I am aware, so I will be surprised if little sister does.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

What the hell are yeats taxes must be something in ones mind

Ups someone can't get the wife a visa

erm,  the "t" key is next to the  "r" key, on most keyboards  ...  so probably just a typing-error ?

On 01/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, Bastos60 said:

No you didn't. It is very clear from your post that you don't have the slightest clue.

ok sorry about that, if I come to wai 5 times at your feet will you forgive me

Edited by sn1per