Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

webfact

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think you know I'm not talking about Saudi, Kuwait and Dubai etc. Can you tell me a single year in your lifetime when there was not a war going on somewhere in the ME?

As for Luton I don't know when you lived there, but have you watched the documentary with Stacey Dooley? Take a look on youtube.

I would never endorse genocide.  It's hard to find unbiased reporting on Myanmar, but I have read about a group of people illegally occupying an area for years, finally being forced to move out. I have read that aside from illegally occupying that area those people caused a lot of trouble, including extreme violence. From the main stream media it would appear a lot of unnecessary force was used to expel those people, but I also heard they would not leave by peaceful means. Is this about right?

I agree that objective, unbiased reporting from Myanmar is extremely sparse. I read that Rohingya militants in a coordinated offensive attacked 30 police stations and an army post using guns and explosives. I understand that the response has been appallingly disproportionate, but that is exactly what these bodacious young insurgents have invited by taking such action against a militarily controlled state. <deleted> did they think the response would be ??

No problem for them, they snipe and run, leaving the old, the women and the children to face the retribution.

I have not read any of your comments in which you endorsed genocide, so I thought it a bit harsh that you were accused of such ….. but these things happen in the heat of debate.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Lived in Luton for three years.  Never had a problem.

Lived in middle east Kuwait and Saudi, not the best for nightlife, but wasn't the hell you paint it to be.

As for your defence of genocide, for shame.

You have not been i Bury Park lately then ,mate of mine lives near there . not allowed to have posters with women in skimpy clothes , all the pubs now closed the old Jewish synagogue taken over by Muslims ,as is the old Christian church ,and dont get me started on the fuss when there were enough of them living there and they had to close the "Mecca'  bingo hall , the old peoples club ,now muslim only ,on and on and on .

Edited by bert bloggs

its all about them taking over the world,

you can stick all your PC bull S@IT, they are being told to take over the world, and they will because no one has any balls to stand up against them,

and them saying they arent all bad, when they get the call from allah they will all be against the infadel, all of them because if they arent then they will be killed too

7 minutes ago, pigeonjake said:

its all about them taking over the world,

you can stick all your PC bull S@IT, they are being told to take over the world, and they will because no one has any balls to stand up against them,

and them saying they arent all bad, when they get the call from allah they will all be against the infadel, all of them because if they arent then they will be killed too

Too much truth pigeonjake ......... the politically correct virtue signallers will be all over you  ...... duck quickly, here comes Bluespunk 

59 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

You have not been i Bury Park lately then ,mate of mine lives near there . not allowed to have posters with women in skimpy clothes , all the pubs now closed the old Jewish synagogue taken over by Muslims ,as is the old Christian church ,and dont get me started on the fuss when there were enough of them living there and they had to close the "Mecca'  bingo hall , the old peoples club ,now muslim only ,on and on and on .

Yes, I know areas change as the population demographic changes but that’s life.

Always happened always will.

However not seen to the extreme you are saying happens. 

I’ve lived in Muslim majority areas in uk and saw none of that. 

Still visit friends there there and ain’t seeing that. 

Change happens, it’s still no excuse for raging against Islam as practiced by the majority. 

Edited by Bluespunk

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’ve lived in Muslim majority areas in uk and saw none of that. 

Still visit friends there there and ain’t seeing that. 

Until I do I remain skeptical of these “no go area” lite stories. 

I lnow areas change as the population demographic changes but that’s life. Always happened always will. 

Still no excuse for raging against Islam as practiced by the majority. 

Bluespunk are you Muslim or just an Ostrich

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Neither. 

Just someone one who doesn’t judge the majority on the basis of the actions of bigots. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Neither. 

Just someone one who doesn’t judge the majority on the basis of the actions of bigots. 

Oh so you are an Ostrich

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Islamophobia is now generally accepted as a word; however, for myself and many people that I have discussed this with, it remains a complete misnomer. Prefixing phobia, with Islam, implies an irrational or abnormal fear of something, in this instance, Islam, which is not at all the case with myself.

Do I fear Islam ? ……. absolutely

Is my fear irrational ? ….. absolutely not. 

C'mon, just look at the paradise the religion of peace brings

Pakistan: 96+ % Islam religion... 30+ % of people believes there is nothing wrong with raping children. It's not even a sin!

And police say it's not priority because of the number of bomb attacks.

Edited by JohnLick

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, gandalf12 said:

It is nothing to actually do with Islam but like so many nutters they use religion as their reason. Whatever they use it has to be stopped

Enter,  Mr  President ,  Donald  Trump .    Save the World  from the  rocket madman .

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I am referring to intolerance and bigotry from the intolerant and bigoted.

Religious and non religious.

Including that of those who would deny someone the right to follow their faith.

Many years ago I worked in a certain country in the ME. Now one of the most war torn and destroyed countries in the ME.

In the office we had a couple of locals who seemed on the surface to be ok. One of them disappeared for a few weeks and when he came back and walked into the office everyone said Hi Haysheem, have you been on holiday? The answer we got was, don't call me that name, call me Haji because I've been to mecca ( deliberate lower case ) and now you can't tell me what to do.

Isn't belief in imaginary friends like Santa Clause, fairies, tooth or otherwise, ghosts, vampires and varied versions of 'Supreme beings' a wonderful addition to life.

I've seen enough violence and death caused by religious conflict in NI in the 70's to have any respect for anyone who claims that any religion has a place in todays world.

It's a medieval belief that some people promote for their own enrichment and I put all religions in that bracket.

Just now, overherebc said:

Many years ago I worked in a certain country in the ME. Now one of the most war torn and destroyed countries in the ME.

In the office we had a couple of locals who seemed on the surface to be ok. One of them disappeared for a few weeks and when he came back and walked into the office everyone said Hi Haysheem, have you been on holiday? The answer we got was, don't call me that name, call me Haji because I've been to mecca ( deliberate lower case ) and now you can't tell me what to do.

Isn't belief in imaginary friends like Santa Clause, fairies, tooth or otherwise, ghosts, vampires and varied versions of 'Supreme beings' a wonderful addition to life.

I've seen enough violence and death caused by religious conflict in NI in the 70's to have any respect for anyone who claims that any religion has a place in todays world.

It's a medieval belief that some people promote for their own enrichment and I put all religions in that bracket.

I’m an atheist but I would never deny anyone the right to peacefully follow their faith. 

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m an atheist but I would never deny anyone the right to peacefully follow their faith. 

Niether would I, but i would object and did with the constant early morning wailings. Whilst traditional CofE church bells were forced to shut down as it was offensive to Muslims. I voted with my feet. Good for the residents of KK to right it should be nipped in the bud. 

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Niether would I, but i would object and did with the constant early morning wailings. Whilst traditional CofE church bells were forced to shut down as it was offensive to Muslims. I voted with my feet. Good for the residents of KK to right it should be nipped in the bud. 

People talking to themselves through amplification devices is extremely disturbing.

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Don’t agree. 

Thais should be allowed to practice their faith in their country, no matter what faith it is. 

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Don’t agree. 

Thais should be allowed to practice their faith in their country, no matter what faith it is. 

Well as its a thai problem lets hope they see sense and cater for the majority not the minority.  

Edited by jeab1980

55 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Neither. 

Bluespunk, I'm sure that you're intelligent. But please watch this one.

Edited by jenny2017

Just now, jenny2017 said:

Bluespunk, I'm sure that you're intelligent. Nut please watch this one.

I said they are the minority and they are. 

I never denied bigots exist. 

I just don’t judge all on their actions. 

Just as I don’t judge all Buddhists for the actions of those behind the Burmese genocide. 

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

Is that the minority? Please judge self. 

I’ve already made clear my view. 

Twice now. 

All faiths have their bigots who misreprent the faith. 

Edited by Bluespunk