Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Please note bold aspect of my post.

your mealy mouthed attempt at generalising all religions into your narrative doesn't fool anyone here. Islam is the ONLY religion that is absolutely intolerant of ALL others ...... you can spin it as much as you like, but you can't hide what everyone here can see and understand  .....

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

But Islam denies the right of any other religion to even exist, let alone allow them the right to peacefully worship   ......... and you have the temerity to use the word intolerance ??

Absolutely amazing isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

your mealy mouthed attempt at generalising all religions into your narrative doesn't fool anyone here. Islam is the ONLY religion that is absolutely intolerant of ALL others ...... you can spin it as much as you like, but you can't hide what everyone here can see and understand  .....

Not spinning anything.

Just a point of view.

I have a problem with intolerance from any quarter...

Edited by Bluespunk

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Lol

Edited by Neeranam

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I could be wrong, but doesn't the Koran say to kill all non Muslims? 

This is a hell of a lot more intolerant.

The   Koran  actually says  that   it is  acceptable  to  kill   if  needed  to defend  the  right  to  follow  Islamic   faith.

Otherwise   killing  is  considered   an  offence.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is what Muslim schools teach in the UK. 

As I say I have a problem with intolerance.

All forms of it.

Including using the actions of the few to condemn the majority.

Extremists do not represent the majority.

Do you have any thoughts on Thai citizens denying fellow citizens the right to worship, as mentioned in the OP?

Edited by Bluespunk

May I suggest that you guys stop talking about what the koran (or the bible, or the communist manifest, or whatever old story) says? Talk about real life only perhaps?

You have not read any of those outdated fairytales, and you base your opinions on what somebody who has probably not read those tales either, has said.

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not spinning anything.

Just a point of view.

Rubbish .... you spin every answer or response that you make ..... everyone on this forum is slowly waking up to that fact.

So, name me any one other religion in the entire world that is intolerant of every other religion on our planet .... and name  one other religion that indoctrinates is followers with an imperative to covert the rest of the world to its faith, by whatever means are deemed necessary  

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Rubbish .... you spin every answer or response that you make ..... everyone on this forum is slowly waking up to that fact.

So, name me any one other religion in the entire world that is intolerant of every other religion on our planet .... and name  one other religion that indoctrinates is followers with an imperative to covert the rest of the world to its faith, by whatever means are deemed necessary  

I have a problem with intolerance.

I don't judge majorities on the actions of the few.

I don't judge all Buddhists on the actions of those in the OP.

Edited by Bluespunk

Evangelists ! lol

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As I say I have a problem with intolerance.

All forms of it.

Including using the actions of the few to condemn the majority.

Extremists do not represent the majority.

'Extremists do not represent the majority' ......... you could not possibly be more wrong ........... you want to know why ?? .... I doubt it, but I'll tell you anyway ....... it is because the extremists are rapidly becoming the majority; but you will stay in denial, which is a huge part of the problem

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

>>>>>>>>So, name me any one other religion in the entire world that is intolerant of every other religion on our planet .... and name  one other religion that indoctrinates is followers with an imperative to covert the rest of the world to its faith, by whatever means are deemed necessary<<<<<<<<<< 

And the answer is:  C H R I S T I A N I T Y until very recently.

South America? Africa? Asia? Oceania?

'Extremists do not represent the majority' ......... you could not possibly be more wrong ........... you want to know why ?? .... I doubt it, but I'll tell you anyway ....... it is because the extremists are rapidly becoming the majority; but you will stay in denial, which is a huge part of the problem

No, I'm aware that terrorist scum exist-in all faiths and philosophies.

However, I also recognise the wrongness, and dangers, of judging all on the terrorist's actions.

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I have a problem with intolerance.

I don't judge majorities on the actions of the few.

I don't judge all Buddhists on the actions of those in the OP.

MORE SPIN ....... name one other religion in the world that denies the right of all other religions to exist, apart from ISLAM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>it is because the extremists are rapidly becoming the majority<<<<<<<<<<

You mean, as happened in Northern Ireland (both sides)?

20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“Ignorance and prejudice are the handmaidens of propaganda. Our mission, therefore, is to confront ignorance with knowledge, bigotry with tolerance, and isolation with the outstretched hand of generosity.” 
 Kofi Annan

Which when outstretched to the Muslim community, will be bitten off .:sad:

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I could be wrong, but doesn't the Koran say to kill all non Muslims? 

This is a hell of a lot more intolerant.

only utmost ignorant people believe that kind of rubbish spread by those with an agenda.

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Keep your head in the sand lad ,or if your a Muslim keep on trying to get us to extend it further and further ,until you can take the whole arm .

My head is quite sand free, thank you, and as to the second part of your post...

a: not true

b: I am an atheist. 

No big beard in the sky for me. 

Edited by Bluespunk