Shirtless Farangs

Pilotman

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Reads here like folk are looking at others and do not realise what they themselves look like through the eyes of others.....sun.gif.6c987865a076c024cc94ff2111c1f61d.gif

A nice deflection...     And it just wouldn't be the same without the cute oversized emoji.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hawker9000 said:

A nice deflection...     And it just wouldn't be the same without the cute oversized emoji.

Nice deflection, well yeh, but I don't think so as we are all pretty much anonymous here..Folk can slag off but actually be the same as the topic subject.....Emicons do come in handy to say a thousand words..:stoner:

And those people speaking bad about shirtless farang probably make their own money while being naked :smile:

Even in BKK i see farang doing it, well it is bloody hot here after all and i guess those tourists got the impression there are no laws (even unwritten ones) at all in Thailand...Just look at the streets and i can understand their thoughts.

Even Thai men (don't know if they're hi-so but they drive brand new Camry) walk around shirtless in the moobaan. The Thai boys also do it after and during playing soccer.

I don't do it though.

If you want to get highly respected you should wear a black poloshirt....it opens many doors you didn't know were there.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:44 AM, Pilotman said:

Why do so many Farangs walk and ride about shirtless off the beach areas?  Okay, if you  are lucky enough to look like Adonis on a good day then maybe you have some justification and pride in your own body ( although I would save it for the beach and pool)  but the ones I  inevitably see are old, fat and  look ridiculous. I saw one in  SCG yesterday and  another two in Tesco the day before.  I could hear the Thais talking about them and  their appearance in the most derogatory terms.  I just dont get it. 

could not agree more, do they think it is a good look, well it is not they look ridiculous

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Nice deflection, well yeh, but I don't think so as we are all pretty much anonymous here..Folk can slag off but actually be the same as the topic subject.....Emicons do come in handy to say a thousand words..:stoner:

...or replace more intelligent discussion.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

But they are not interested in what you think.....Only you are interested in what you think...

Then why reply if you are not interested it sounds to me you are one of the ridiculous non shirt brigade, and you and they should look in a mirror some time and take just a little pride in your appearance and not be a laughable, pittyable person

Just now, jewell49 said:

Then why reply if you are not interested it sounds to me you are one of the ridiculous non shirt brigade, and you and they should look in a mirror some time and take just a little pride in your appearance and not be a laughable, pittyable person

Good grief, another making assumptions about Trans.....I pity folk who spend their life talking about others appearance...We are all different, mind your own business...And I am not one of those folk you dislike to look at...Well I don't think so....59d4944e08fa7_laughalot.gif.d2309bd2f47a437b82ceef204778e264.gif

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Good grief, another making assumptions about Trans.....I pity folk who spend their life talking about others appearance...We are all different, mind your own business...And I am not one of those folk you dislike to look at...Well I don't think so....59d4944e08fa7_laughalot.gif.d2309bd2f47a437b82ceef204778e264.gif

I can see it now, I have a picture of you if i may, a fat slob sitting behind a computer terminal most of the waking hours who sometimes but rarely goes for a shirtless walk down the street drooling all the while and scratching the family jewells.

Just now, jewell49 said:

I can see it now, I have a picture of you if i may, a fat slob sitting behind a computer terminal most of the waking hours who sometimes but rarely goes for a shirtless walk down the street drooling all the while and scratching the family jewells.

How wrong you would be, but as I don't care about folk seeing my ol' ugly mug this is me about a year back heading for 70.....:smile:.......Assumptions can be dangerous....:whistling:

59d4968e0867d_meandfarsai.jpg.69547f903d6f42c2b1bb76f2e73fe7b1.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Spock said:

Talk about being pedantic. Seriously what does it matter. Flip flops in this climate are perfectly acceptable no matter what sound they make.

Err no flip flops do not make the sound the wearer does by scraping their foot as opposed to lifting it when walking. I wear flip flops too as do a lot of people who do not scrape their foot. It's pure laziness.

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, Pilotman said:

Maybe we should be  challenging them and saying something ourselves.  But I guess all we would get is abuse, or worse. 

Abuse for a verbal challenge, yes; especially given the usual 16 18 20 stone or more of these 'hunks'. What I do, if there's an ugly, overhanging pod or hideous tattoos on 25% of his body, is to make an obvious glare, almost like a double-take, at the offending item/s . . . even turning and pointing, as if asking my wife, 'do you know that guy?' It's surprising how many of them look uneasy at this visual challenge and there's no way they're going to kick up about it . . . try it someday, espec. if the Mrs is on your arm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

And it's not as if wearing a shirt cancels out the odor.  Industrial strength deodorant and a lot of showers are the only things that do it for me in BKK.  And I've learned that wearing dark shirts is a no-no unless I can change them when I come indoors.  The salt stains make it look like someone poured dust on me when I get cooled off and the sweat dries up.  That's been driven home since black became the color of choice in the past 12 months...

The smell is one thing, buts its more the fact that if you sit on someones couch and sweat then the stink remains after the visitor has long gone. At least a shirt acts as a barrier.

• Like 2

Up until a few years back tourists walking around Phuket Town could be fined B200 for walking around shirtless- I can live with that. There's a time and a place for it and the center of town is not it, especially as that part of the island is not particularly beach holiday touristy.

I also object to seeing shirtless people in supermarkets- its unhygienic at the very least. 

Furthermore should there be an age limit for budgie smugglers and going topless on the beach? Some of the leathery sights I see make me reach for the eye bleach!

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:44 PM, Pilotman said:

Why do so many Farangs walk and ride about shirtless off the beach areas?  Okay, if you  are lucky enough to look like Adonis on a good day then maybe you have some justification and pride in your own body ( although I would save it for the beach and pool)  but the ones I  inevitably see are old, fat and  look ridiculous. I saw one in  SCG yesterday and  another two in Tesco the day before.  I could hear the Thais talking about them and  their appearance in the most derogatory terms.  I just dont get it. 

Isn't it always the ones that owe a duty to the general public to remain completely clothed at all times.

• Like 1