Any way to get a (Major Chain) Restaurant Inspected (rodents? e coli?)

Pawpcorn

Hi, all,

I posted this in "Health and Medicine" but didn't get any replies; thinking I should have posted it here, instead?

Recently a new (major chain) fast food restaurant opened in "UD Town", 2 months ago

I was HAPPY (initially) to discover this, since it was one of my favorite places to grab a real flame-broiled hamburger, in America...  AND I ate there, when we lived in Bangkok... and NEVER had a PROBLEM there... up to now.

BUT!!! I've eaten at this new restaurant THREE TIMES in the last three weeks, and EVERY TIME, afterwards, the next day, in fact, I have had an whopper of an attack of diarrhea.

So... my question... does anyone know of, and have the phone number, or contact, where I can request a government safety inspector team to have a look-see there?

I HAVE left this feedback on the restaurant's "Contact Us" portion of their Thai Website, but haven't heard back from them yet.

If you're wondering what outcome I would LOVE to have happen? That the restaurant would be inspected, the source of the (e coli? rodents?) infestation located, and completely resolved, with assurance back to me, that I can enjoy eating at my (former) most favorite fast food restaurant, just walking distance from the Railway Station. Maybe this is wishful thinking in LOS...

Thank you!

I simply cannot believe that a Thai company would not respond to your customer feedback on their website.

This is almost impossible to comprehend as Thailand has some of the greatest websites in the world, in fact they are the hub of websites.

Edited by Formaleins

28 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

How do you know they're are rats there and ecoli......in your post you didn't mention seeing any rodents?

Ah the fact is... I don't have a CLUE what the actual food contamination is...

All I can tell you is I immediately seem to get constipated after eating the hamburger, which laxative seems powerless to resolve... then the NEXT DAY I'M SICK AS A DOG, with about 12 hours of REALLY BAD diarrhea, with a powerfully AWFUL odor... and this has happened THREE TIMES in THREE WEEKS, even tho the last time, (2 days ago) I asked the floor manager to slow down the flame-broiling machine for the meat patty, to insure it was 1) well cooked and 2) freshly prepared.

NO CHANGE to the end result of getting sick, however!  Really strange, since I've had all the various types of food poisoning since coming here 11 years ago, but it's always been... stomach pain followed by diarrhea, EVERY TIME.

THIS TIME it's constipation for 12 hours followed by a 12 hour bout of diarrhea!  NOT THE SAME!  Something's different.

AND I know... THREE TIMES... makes me sound stupid... but Jesus, I miss American hamburgers, and this flame-broiled variety was (WAS!!!) the best of the best, to my taste.

I'm really assuming I won't be able to resolve this, (this being LOS) and I'll be becoming my own occasional American-Beef Hamburger Chef... in the near future.

BUT I also hate to be TOTALLY PASSIVE here, and not even try... thus the original thread.

Thanks for asking!!! 

(YUP I'm guessing e coli or rodents, since it's not the standard garden-variety food poisoning we've become familiar with!)

Take care,

Pawpcorn

1 minute ago, soistalker said:

This never happens when my wife cooks for me .

As my uncle used to say, " I only gamble when I eat out."

(that is  not a sexual reference).

Indeed, one major reason I am becoming somewhat of an excellent chef, if I do say so, myself...

Now that I've discovered Villa Market (not to mention Tops) within walking distance of the railway station in Udon (an 8 baht ride from my home) I've usually got the goods for making terrific meals, on my own...

1 minute ago, Pawpcorn said:

Indeed, one major reason I am becoming somewhat of an excellent chef, if I do say so, myself...

Now that I've discovered Villa Market (not to mention Tops) within walking distance of the railway station in Udon (an 8 baht ride from my home) I've usually got the goods for making terrific meals, on my own...

Good man. You can make delicious wholesome food!

1 minute ago, sinbin said:

Sorry it's my bad spellin. It's 'Thesaban'. You will have one where you live and the business you wish to complain about is in one. 

Ah, thanks, got it now... need to find the one that overseas UD Town now...

Thanks again!
Pawpcorn

The constipation sounds like they are adding something in the burger mix that should not be there as filler maybe. Sawdust (don't laugh McDonalds uses wood fiber in their shakes), or something they get for free to stretch the meat.

6 minutes ago, tonray said:

something they get for free to stretch the meat.

It's not an erection is it?                                                                          :sorry:

Edited by sinbin

Why don't you write/email to the franchise dept of the food chain directly and tell them of your complaint? It would be a poor transnational company that didn't respond to customer complaints about poor service or food quality. If you don't get a reply, go to the Tessaban with your partner, as another poster mentioned, and relay your complaint. I also believe there is an office within the Public Health Dept at provincial level that deals with this sort of thing. If your wife doesn't know about it, then find an educated local with good English who can point you in the right direction.

But honestly, if it was me, I would just boycott the place and spend your money in one of the many other good restaurants in Udon that are independent and use fresh and healthy produce, not the mass produced, chemically-laced, bacteria-filled <deleted> that your fart-food place serves. 

35 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Did you drink a soda ? If so it is about 70% certain it was the ice. The rest of their products is so full of chemicals that rats wont eat it. 

Nope! Just my personal bottled water... OH but I DID use their FREE ICE!!!!  ????

Now you've really made me think...!!!!

BUT IS IT WORTH A FOURTH TRY????    555555555555555555555

Edited by Pawpcorn
additional thought

2 hours ago, Formaleins said:

I simply cannot believe that a Thai company would not respond to your customer feedback on their website.

This is almost impossible to comprehend as Thailand has some of the greatest websites in the world, in fact they are the hub of websites.

Exactly wouldn't waste my time with them, completely incompetent (most of them ) 

Had a sales rep lose 100,000 of company income due to his total stupidity & he was actually replying in english, just could not work out 12 m2  in red roofing is not 60 m2 in blue

Had one success in buying hanging chair 

I'm sure these were the only 2 I did

These fools think everything revolves around Face Book

5 minutes ago, plachon said:

1)Why don't you write/email to the franchise dept of the food chain directly and tell them of your complaint? It would be a poor transnational company that didn't respond to customer complaints about poor service or food quality. If you don't get a reply, go to the Tessaban with your partner, as another poster mentioned, and relay your complaint. I also believe there is an office within the Public Health Dept at provincial level that deals with this sort of thing. If your wife doesn't know about it, then find an educated local with good English who can point you in the right direction.

2) But honestly, if it was me, I would just boycott the place and spend your money in one of the many other good restaurants in Udon that are independent and use fresh and healthy produce, not the mass produced, chemically-laced, bacteria-filled <deleted> that your fart-food place serves. 

1) Right, will see if their website responds to me first... then secondly... will follow up as time, energy and motivation permits...

2) Boycotting is a SURE BET right now... Do you have a Western-Food restaurant (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) you can recommend?  I DID try the ONLY Mexican Restaurant in Udon, and it was a really sad state of affairs, on so many levels, NO margaritas, and wraps jammed with CHILI BEANS supposed to pass for Mexican food, like <deleted>!

9 minutes ago, plachon said:

Why don't you write/email to the franchise dept of the food chain directly and tell them of your complaint?

I did this with a KFC shop once and I had 2 staff from there drive 50km round trip to give my wife a bunch of flowers and me some free food vouchers. 

I was completely AMAZED the site didn't just <deleted>' CRASH after I hit the submit button... which seems to be the SOP for Thai Websites, lol.  It DID certainly sit there and "THINK ABOUT IT" a long time, before coming back in broken English:

Create Contact Us Completed

Thank you for contact us.

:post-4641-1156694572:

3 minutes ago, sinbin said:

I did this with a KFC shop once and I had 2 staff from there drive 50km round trip to give my wife a bunch of flowers and me some free food vouchers. 

Right... that must have been some satisfaction...

They'd be in for a 70km round trip, LOL if they tried that from Udon to Phan Don (near Kumphawapi) :smile:

7 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

Nope! Just my personal bottled water... OH but I DID use their FREE ICE!!!!  ????

Bingo!

You get constipated first, take laxatives and THEN get the screaming sh!ts.

Bugger all to do with the burger although I am intrigued that they have a 'flame broiling machine' rather than some chemical additives and coloring that makes a patty look and taste like it is flame broiled.

You can always take a trip out to their original branch out at the airport (new terminal) and try their burger and see what happens.

But I reckon they have slime in the ice machine which was Marvin Zindler's signature kiss of death on his Houston Channel 13 restaurant reviews.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bingo!

You get constipated first, take laxatives and THEN get the screaming sh!ts.

Bugger all to do with the burger although I am intrigued that they have a 'flame broiling machine' rather than some chemical additives and coloring that makes a patty look and taste like it is flame broiled.

You can always take a trip out to their original branch out at the airport (new terminal) and try their burger and see what happens.

But I reckon they have slime in the ice machine which was Marvin Zindler's signature kiss of death on his Houston Channel 13 restaurant reviews.

Really!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

OH!!! 

Yes, I TRIED the one at the airport (drove my older Nuevo 45km ONE WAY just to eat there!!!) and I had no problems at all.

Thanks for the tip on the Ice Machine!!! I hadn't considered that!!!

I think... I will WAIT A MONTH or TWO or THREE before (IF!!!) trying the UD Town Killing Restaurant, again; understandable, huh!!!

Edited by Pawpcorn
YouTube included

36 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

Now you've really made me think...!!!!

BUT IS IT WORTH A FOURTH TRY????    555555555555555555555

OMG I just remembered that I drank THEIR WATER, (which was sitting in a pitcher) along with their ice too!!!

I was TOO LAX, TOO Relaxed, and NOT CAUTIOUS enough!!! :sick:

Thanks again for steering me in that direction, NanLaew !!!!

All my years here, only had food poison once, Seafood fried rice,I was a bit

suspect of it when it arrived,but was hungry so ate it, and in middle of the night

it all came up,one thing i am strict about is no ice,in anything.

regards worgeordie