Bangkok Literally Sinking In Sex As Brothels Steal Groundwater

snoop1130

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So once again we can see the top brains at work. Building BKK on a swamp has nothing to do with it. Oh, no,no,no it's the brothels.

"Bangkok is estimated to sink at a rate of one centimeter per year. Use of groundwater is cited as a major factor for the subsidence. Researchers warn the capital, which sits on floodplain near the sea, will face serious flooding within 20 years if the situation continues." 

Right, so rising sea waters has nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying that this (brothels using lots of water) may not be a contributing factor but I doubt it's the number one reason which this story portrays.

p.s. top right:smile:

That's the problem. Bangkok sits on a plain of mud that floats on a lake of ground water Foundations for buildings must go down ~20 m to hit bedrock. Bangkok Bank HQ did it differently. An inverted dish of reinforced concrete around the perimeter with the building on top. The whole construction floats on mud. Good earthquake protection. 

In my last house in Laad Phrao, I hit water at 2m digging a fish pond. Bangkok is sinking ~15cm /yr in some parts. It might soon be the new Venice of the East. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next thing we'll hear is that the exertion that a couple has in brothels during sexual intercourse increases the CO2 content and is one of the primary causes of global warming in South East Asia.  

Now, the fact that breweries, soft drink manufacturers, car washes, restaurants, gyms, swimming pools, and the list goes on also use large amount of ground water seems to have been overlooks.  

So essentially, this is a load of nonsense that is simply a way to demonize the particular class of business.  

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So once again we can see the top brains at work. Building BKK on a swamp has nothing to do with it. Oh, no,no,no it's the brothels.

"Bangkok is estimated to sink at a rate of one centimeter per year. Use of groundwater is cited as a major factor for the subsidence. Researchers warn the capital, which sits on floodplain near the sea, will face serious flooding within 20 years if the situation continues." 

I'm not saying that this (brothels using lots of water) may not be a contributing factor but I doubt it's the number one reason which this story portrays.

Top right my choice too . The one in the red dress could be a LB so that is my second choice , a better choice then the fat pink ladies from England.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

In a city of 8 million plus, built on a river delta/swamp that is barely above sea level to begin with, that floods repeatedly every year and sees almost non-stop construction of new, higher (heavier) sky rises, it is the 120 or so massage parlours that are to blame for the city sinking.

Uh huh.

I'm sure no one else in the city is also "stealing" groundwater instead of paying for it. 

120 you must be joking there are hundreds of thousands massage........

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

OMG, it's in the water.......!!!!!

Thai visa you nearly banned me the other week for saying about pattaya. It is you who post about beatings and all the other bad things but you are only telling the truth. But for the life of me who is the idiot who said this which in turn you just had to tell the truth for the general pubic to read. Thank you for that. But why oh why post this video.......that i just cant believe. To the outside world you just cant make it up. 

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

That's the problem. Bangkok sits on a plain of mud that floats on a lake of ground water Foundations for buildings must go down ~20 m to hit bedrock. Bangkok Bank HQ did it differently. An inverted dish of reinforced concrete around the perimeter with the building on top. The whole construction floats on mud. Good earthquake protection. 

In my last house in Laad Phrao, I hit water at 2m digging a fish pond. Bangkok is sinking ~15cm /yr in some parts. It might soon be the new Venice of the East. 

Bangkok used to have a lot more Canals (klongs) than it has now to drain the city and even then many are block so all they are good for is a fun ground for Mozies 

Edited by Basil B

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

The hydrologist's wife might be asking him about his intimate knowledge of brothels.

Brings to mind the story of the two old colonels forever sniping at each other. Both in the barbers one day, the barber asks would you care for some pomade sir?  Col no 1 replies "Good God No! my wife will think I smell like a brothel",, No 2 chirps up, "Actually I will....my wife wouldn't know what one smelt like"  

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

Thai visa you nearly banned me the other week for saying about pattaya. It is you who post about beatings and all the other bad things but you are only telling the truth. But for the life of me who is the idiot who said this which in turn you just had to tell the truth for the general pubic to read. Thank you for that. But why oh why post this video.......that i just cant believe. To the outside world you just cant make it up. 

Try sending them a PM, straight over the top mate !

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are not hundreds of thousands of soapy massage places, which are the only ones being commented on.

There are probably no more than 50 of this type of marvelous establishment in Bangkok, some have disappeared unfortunately.  Predominantly wealthy Thai clientele which is appealing to the discerning Farang not being surrounded by 'Cheap Charlies' and very relaxing places to while away a late afternoon or early evening before the rush.  Best value on the planet, great restaurants, great service.  Not been for ages, might have to go check out Ratchadaphisek, and a certain Egyptian Queen (The very best of all) one day soon.

As for water wastage, what a laugh.  Even at full occupation, say, 50 establishments , 50 rooms apiece give or take, 3 'guests' per room per day = 7,500 baths per day.  In a city of 14 million, do me a favour.

It's a well known fact that Bangkok is sinking fast and it's got effall to do with shagging.  Soi 4 area has been raised quite a bit for example - when I got here you would step up to get in to the shops, now you step down.  Check out all the roads around the skytrain and overhead expressways and see how the road has dropped while the area around the pilings has stayed put.

19 hours ago, kotsak said:

Actually it's pumping and drilling that causes the problem.. :giggle:

If the use of condoms were mandatory it would compensate especially if they were blown up after use...;)

7 hours ago, DoctorG said:

The hydrologist's wife might be asking him about his intimate knowledge of brothels.

She has a wife?

She could not be reached for comment Thursday. Someone who answered the phone at her office said she was in a meeting.

I suppose that failing to act on information available over 10 years ago about Bangkok sinking is irrelevant.  Let's just blame somebody else.

****in pathetic bunch of t***s!  No pun intended.

Edited by Moti24

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Sorry dinsdale----- I've already booked her,and she's keen to go back to NZ with me in a couple of weeks time!!!!:stoner:

On 05/10/2017 at 12:27 PM, snoop1130 said:

The capital’s massage parlors – a thin euphemism for commercial sex venues – are illegally pumping so much groundwater for bathing and rinsing they are adding to the subsidence that causes the capital to sink a centimeter annually into the ground, a hydrologist said Wednesday.

Drill another well close to these premises and pipe the waste bath/shower water into it. The waste water will self clean as it seeps through the ground back into the water table and replenishes the supply.