Thaksin faces more agony

rooster59

15 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Getting back on topic about Thaksin facing more agony...there are a whole bunch of allegations and charges against him.

Let's assume for the moment that the Reds do get into power and form Government at some time in the future and try for an amnesty vote to enable Mr T to return triumphant.....I can see that being possible with all charges/convictions except.....wait for it...... the Lese Majeste charges...it would be a brave politician to support an amnesty for that.

The current Government may appear to be quite stupid to some of the posters here but methinks they have studied the art of chess to some extent and may have executed an eloquent checkmate.

'Let's assume for the moment that the Reds do get into power and form Government at some time in the future and try for an amnesty vote to enable Mr T to return triumphant.....I can see that being possible with all charges/convictions except.....wait for it...... the Lese Majeste charges...it would be a brave politician to support an amnesty for that.

Interesting  comment - given the history of the paymasters political company; try amnesty at 3.00 am in the morning, reduce / destroy the effectiveness of the checks and balances, throw blood on opposition houses, burn government offices, repeatedly play doctored hate tapes,  etc etc., seems to me if they tried it again there's a good chance of another coup. 

If true, who would be at fault?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, robblok said:

No its an example that YL tries the same tricks the junta does.. she is just not as good at them. They all try to use the courts to punish their enemies. YL let tarit make up new rules to go after them and failed.

Its a shame it is the way it is, but they all do it going after their enemies once they are in power. I prefer a normal justice system but its still better as nothing and as i have proven with this case YL did the same using the courts to get what she wants she just failed. 

None of them are angels, for sure... To some extent it would be nearly a fair game if the judiciary were not as it is.

However there are a few aggravating factors:

- one of the two main political factions benefits from a more than benevolent attitude from the judiciary and semi-judiciary (i.e. NACC), while the attitude is the opposite when the "red" faction is targeted,

- the "red" faction is also targeted and convicted while in power, it is not an alternance of targeting according to which faction is in power

- when a Junta is in power, it benefits from extraordinary power, i.e. Article 44, appointment of NLA, commissionners, etc...to punish the opposite faction.

As commented by another poster before, this is not justice.

And Abhisit/Suthep case is a very good illustration of this situation. Independently of the different opinions that can be held on respective responsibilities of the various participants, it is absolutely inacceptable that the killing of 80/90 people is not even investigated!

16 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Getting back on topic about Thaksin facing more agony...there are a whole bunch of allegations and charges against him.

Let's assume for the moment that the Reds do get into power and form Government at some time in the future and try for an amnesty vote to enable Mr T to return triumphant.....I can see that being possible with all charges/convictions except.....wait for it...... the Lese Majeste charges...it would be a brave politician to support an amnesty for that.

The current Government may appear to be quite stupid to some of the posters here but methinks they have studied the art of chess to some extent and may have executed an eloquent checkmate.

The other advantage of LM charges is that everything about the case is kept secret, by definition.

Silly, wishful thinking headline from the nation. Whatever Thaksin is facing it's hardly "agony". I can't see him falling to his knees in despair and thinking "No!No! My enemies are putting more charges on me". I think he's used to it

On ‎7‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 6:10 AM, scorecard said:

'... and some of the other 'crimes' are pathetic.'

I guess you're saying that the bank loans case is unimportant and all OK, and just a giggle.

Any many more cases the same.

While this attitude to the law continues Thailand remains a third world country and makes no progress.

Wow. 

It will make progress if and when ALL people are subjected to it. Since Yingluck has already received a five year sentence, I see no reason why Prayuth and his buddies can't be dragged to face justice themselves. all it takes is a shredding of a constitution. And maybe next time around it could happen with explicit electoral approval. They should not fear the Thai electorate, they are the only just ones here.

19 hours ago, SheungWan said:

For sure that should give Thaksin a free pass.

2 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

And that is the problem, the free passes are inequitably distributed.

'er no. The Thaksin Team are focused on one person and one person only. The Yingluck government was turned into this.

On ‎7‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 12:42 PM, Baerboxer said:

Diversion Eric? What a surprise!

So tell us. Do you hold the former disgraced PM Thaksin responsible for the approx 3k extra judicial murders carried out during his war on drugs? Do you hold him accountable?

I would like to hold him accountable for that. Did you ever ask yourself the question why two self appointed military governments that had the law into their pocket did not ? the answer to that question will eventually set you free, and at that point in time, you would truly understand this country. 

Meanwhile, we will continue to read your rants about Thaksin breaking the law, not being democratic and more of such, whilst completely giving the current lot a free pass, even though they do the exact same thing, except without any form of actual mandate. As long as you and your buddies continue to give that free pass, your postings are never going to be taken seriously. 

On ‎8‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 10:30 AM, scorecard said:

'Let's assume for the moment that the Reds do get into power and form Government at some time in the future and try for an amnesty vote to enable Mr T to return triumphant.....I can see that being possible with all charges/convictions except.....wait for it...... the Lese Majeste charges...it would be a brave politician to support an amnesty for that.

Interesting  comment - given the history of the paymasters political company; try amnesty at 3.00 am in the morning, reduce / destroy the effectiveness of the checks and balances, throw blood on opposition houses, burn government offices, repeatedly play doctored hate tapes,  etc etc., seems to me if they tried it again there's a good chance of another coup. 

If true, who would be at fault?

Well, not sure why you even take the time to respond. None of those cases would be fair so a conviction would be meaningless.

Or do you have trouble seeing what they are trying to do here. They are introducing a new law, and then try to retroactively apply the new law to cases which happened 10 years ago. Now do you not see a cornerstone of justice being violated here ? Or in other words, how could any of those cases ever be considered fair ? 

Were you not one of the persons denying the cases against the Shinawatras are politically motivated ? I think now is the time to retract that statement, as it is undeniably politically motivated, they even change the rules and try to apply them retroactively, not Justice at all of course. 

As to the amnesty, not sure why you still keep going on about it, firstly it never actually became a reality, hence it cannot be used as a reason for a coup, and secondly, the current amnesty enjoyed by the NCPO is more far reaching, only benefits a select few, and was introduced with no mandate whatsoever, and no way to even stop it. Please stop whinging about a law that never made it through, and focus your enegry at an amnesty that did make it through. Or is it just that now it benefits the right people ? surely that can't be the case ?

Edited by sjaak327

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Well, not sure why you even take the time to respond. None of those cases would be fair so a conviction would be meaningless.

Or do you have trouble seeing what they are trying to do here. They are introducing a new law, and then try to retroactively apply the new law to cases which happened 10 years ago. Now do you not see a cornerstone of justice being violated here ? Or in other words, how could any of those cases ever be considered fair ? 

Were you not one of the person denying the cases against the Shinawatras are not politically motivated ? I think now is the time to retract that statement, as it is undeniably politically motivated, they even change the rules and try to apply them retroactively, not Justice at all of course. 

Just think. Those lunch boxes full of cash offered to the judges by Thaksin's guys was all so unnecessary!

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Just think. Those lunch boxes full of cash offered to the judges by Thaksin's guys was all so unnecessary!

well, at least now he does not even have to bother, no one outside of Thailand will take any of those cases seriously. The junta must really believe people to be gullible.

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

well, at least now he does not even have to bother, no one outside of Thailand will take any of those cases seriously. The junta must really believe people to be gullible.

Maybe Thaksin should take you on as his legal attorney and bribery advisor. It will be so much cheaper! BTW, Has everybody else on the forum noted that the Thaksin Cheerleaders have completely abandoned bothering with the Its Not About Thaksin mantra? Just keeping to the main agenda above and below the line.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Maybe Thaksin should take you on as his legal attorney and bribery advisor. It will be so much cheaper! BTW, Has everybody else on the forum noted that the Thaksin Cheerleaders have completely abandoned bothering with the Its Not About Thaksin mantra? Just keeping to the main agenda above and below the line.

No idea about the mantra you speak off. I am no attorney nor a "bribery advisor" however, introducing a law that removes the necessity of the defendant being present, and then retroactively apply that law to existing cases is not justice. If you don't believe me, I suggest you go look up what justice means, and how it is applied fairly. One small tip, this ain't it. 

But then again, apart from a few Junta fanboys, the rest knows this is not about justice at all. 

Edited by sjaak327

28 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

Now they have persecuted all his family ,rumour is there is a warrant out for his dog ?

Persecuted? :cheesy: Plenty more family members for Thaksin to throw under or even in front of the bus. And as for the dog, well the family chauffeur was certainly treated like one when Thaksin used him to launder funds.

Edited by SheungWan

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

No idea about the mantra you speak off. I am no attorney nor a "bribery advisor" however, introducing a law that removes the necessity of the defendant being present, and then retroactively apply that law to existing cases is not justice. If you don't believe me, I suggest you go look up what justice means, and how it is applied fairly. One small tip, this ain't it. 

But then again, apart from a few Junta fanboys, the rest knows this is not about justice at all. 

Defendant being present? That would be about the Thaksins doing a runner at judgment time. Are all Thaksin's forum cheerleaders so lame?

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Defendant being present? That would be about the Thaksins doing a runner at judgment time. Are all Thaksin's forum cheerleaders so lame?

What makes you think I am a "Thaksin cheerleader". You now missed my point three times. It has nothing at all to with Thaksin, but with Justice, you know the kind that is fair, and is applied to all citizens regardless of which side of the fence they are on. 

Trouble is, the Junta and it's cheerleaders are either too daft or intentionally missing those points, in a vain attempt to defense the indefensible.

Or to put it in other words, even a crook like Thaksin has a right to fair justice, and this rule being applied retroactively is the very definition of unfair justice, at least in any country of the world with a proper justice system. Or as JAG already mentioned, this is the end of any serious extradiction request attempt. 

His case cannot proceed because he did a runner almost 10 years ago. Since those cases were commited with these rules present, you cannot change the rules, relaunch the trials and expect fair justice to be served. Pray tell, why does this new law only apply to "political office holders" and not to say someone who killed a Thong Lor copper whilst supposedly under the influence. Maybe he is one of the good guys NO ?

Edited by sjaak327

31 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

What makes you think I am a "Thaksin cheerleader". You now missed my point three times. It has nothing at all to with Thaksin, but with Justice, you know the kind that is fair, and is applied to all citizens regardless of which side of the fence they are on. 

Trouble is, the Junta and it's cheerleaders are either too daft or intentionally missing those points, in a vain attempt to defense the indefensible.

Or to put it in other words, even a crook like Thaksin has a right to fair justice, and this rule being applied retroactively is the very definition of unfair justice, at least in any country of the world with a proper justice system. Or as JAG already mentioned, this is the end of any serious extradiction request attempt. 

His case cannot proceed because he did a runner almost 10 years ago. Since those cases were commited with these rules present, you cannot change the rules, relaunch the trials and expect fair justice to be served. Pray tell, why does this new law only apply to "political office holders" and not to say someone who killed a Thong Lor copper whilst supposedly under the influence. Maybe he is one of the good guys NO ?

Oh No! Mutant I Am Not A Thaksin Supporter But Man has arrived!

14 hours ago, Winky Wilson said:

Does anyone realize the Indians and Vietnamese made off with billions during the rice scheme, It's possible their is a mastermind behind all this.

There was a 'mastermind' behind all this, indeed, no doubt, the problem for him being that his complot to manipulate the price of rice on world level did not work out at all in the way he wanted, rather the opposite, ...his name is Thaksin Shinawatra.

Let us imagine that Thaksin would have clearly separated his function as PM and his businessman career, and so not have abused of his power to enrich himself (his family and clan) in a dishonest way.

Let us imagine that Thaksin would not have abused of the taxpayers' money to finance plans designed to consolidate his personal leadership position, and his political party's dominance  (even making uneducated masses believe it was his own money he was spending 'for them'...).

Maybe he would still be PM...

My 'theory' hereabove has a major flaw though, it is that, when the Supreme Court would not have been, erm, 'advised' to turn a blind eye on it ('honest mistake...), he would never have become PM in the first place, because of his concealment of his assets...

But let me guess, all the posters here who are on the barricades (not reffering to the ones of 2010 here) every time anything adverse for Thaksin/Yingluck/Shins/PTP/UDD floats up, will consider that, for one single time, there, the Supreme Court's ruling was honest and adequate, that Justice was served... Isn't it?