bank will not let me transfer my money home to UK

2 hours ago, Minnehaha said:

matrix?

do you mean the movie? sorry, but I never saw it. very good, I hear.

"When the land office is ready to issue it" ? 

If you sold it, presumably you did so at the land office and the existing chanote (title) was produced and the land office received it, recorded the sale, taxes were paid, transfer fees were paid, stamp duty / or special biz tax was paid - all to the ministry of finance, and then a new chanote was issued to the person who bought it and now owns it. the seller has receipt of sale and receipt of taxes paid. 

the land office does this while you wait, not when they get around to is. 

are you for real?  

idiotic reply once more from you  !!!  now get off the thread as you obviously have nothing positive to contribute.

condo was sold before completion !!!!  pre sale ..  matrix are a well known developer .  

are you for real ? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, ThailandLOS said:

Source?

Please.... here you can read it ..... it is also in the Costoms rules .... but some times deep hidden away in resrticted objects ....normally you can declare it and then they keep it i n the airport ......

How I found it ,... because i remember with yellow occupation of suvharnabumi many gold disappeared .... o wonder ...!! :ph34r:

You have a (maybe ) chance just to take with you .... risk ..only that you get it confiscated  :sad:

And now I get slightly tiered to every time nobody believe me at first moment  (as they see their" naughty solution" vanishing .:smile:.). , and must go look again in my doc.:post-4641-1156693976:

PS: should be a little bit easy if it would not be restricted ...(money laundering by kilos ...) Incoming and leaving Thailand same rules ...!!

THAI CUSTUMS.PDF.pdf

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Please.... here you can read it ..... it is also in the Costoms rules .... but some times deep hidden away in resrticted objects ....normally you can declare it and then they keep it i n the airport ......

How I found it ,... because i remember with yellow occupation of suvharnabumi many gold disappeared .... o wonder ...!! :ph34r:

You have a (maybe ) chance just to take with you .... risk ..only that you get it confiscated  :sad:

And now I get slightly tiered to every time nobody believe me at first moment  (as they see their" naughty solution" vanishing .:smile:.). , and must go look again in my doc.:post-4641-1156693976:

PS: should be a little bit easy if it would not be restricted ...(money laundering by kilos ...) Incoming and leaving Thailand same rules ...!!

THAI CUSTUMS.PDF.pdf

Thanks for that colorful reply - but gold bullion is only mentioned under 'import' in your document.

I do hold some gold bullion for the event that sh*t would really hit the fan at some point - but would probably sell to buy crypto currency and walk thru Thai security whistling on departure.

57 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

Thanks for that colorful reply - but gold bullion is only mentioned under 'import' in your document.

I do hold some gold bullion for the event that sh*t would really hit the fan at some point - but would probably sell to buy crypto currency and walk thru Thai security whistling on departure.

In and out same rules , but as said it is not easy to find on their documentation ...( I have it somewhere deep in my pc ... but as said tiered to every time go dig  it up , those who not believe ... just risk it .... but not me ..). for tourist incoming easy to find .....why not taking the risk to find out . take a bullion and put in your hand bag .... then you shall find out for sure ....:sad:...:smile:

Wise decision ...

Edited by david555

Hi,

I have just bought a property last month in the UK although I am based in Thailand. I seem to be doing the reverse of many others who are selling and moving and buying in Thailand. I just feel safer, Brexit or not, with property in my name legally and within UK law as opposed to buying land here with companies and Thai nominees etc. Please don't misunderstand, I have no wish to live in the UK.

Initially, the law firm refused to deal or act for me because funds were coming from Thai and Cambodian banks. However, I did show paperwork and documents proving the funds originated in the UK and were sent by bank transfer to Thailand and then some were transferred to Cambodia with a full paper trail. Problem solved.

Edited by Scouse123

On 08/10/2017 at 10:56 PM, blackcab said:

If you really can't do an electronic transfer, then withdraw the baht. Make copies of the withdrawal slip and bank book. Go to Super Rich or Vasu. Exchange to pounds.

Hand carry out of Thailand. Declare at Thai customs and at UK customs. Use your copies of bank book/withdrawal slip if needed.

In the UK deposit the cash into your bank, providing the same photocopies and explain the restrictions on currency transfers.

It really is that easy.

There is no need to use ATMs, buy and sell gold, cryptocurrencies, dollars, euros or second hand vehicles.

what rate would " superrich " give me today for GBP ?  

i may take equivilent of £9000  to carry and declare back to uk

1 hour ago, pumpjack said:

what rate would " superrich " give me today for GBP ?  

i may take equivilent of £9000  to carry and declare back to uk

At their head office branch you would pay 43.9 baht (per pound) for 5s, 10s and 20s and 43.95 (per pound) for 50s.

9,000 pounds in 20's = 395,100 baht.

9,000 pounds in 50's = 395,550 baht.

For the ease of carrying, it might be worth getting 50s.

http://www.superrich1965.com/index.php

Edited by blackcab

Advertise for people like me who are retired and trying to transfer UKP to Thailand. You give me Thai baht I transfer UKP to your account in UK from mine. We split the buy sell rate and don't charge each other commission. 

There are hundreds of Brits moving cash to Thailand and paying high transfer fees and lousy exchange rates. I have 5k waiting to move when the rate gets a bit better.

1 hour ago, MJL1962 said:

Advertise for people like me who are retired and trying to transfer UKP to Thailand. You give me Thai baht I transfer UKP to your account in UK from mine. We split the buy sell rate and don't charge each other commission. 

There are hundreds of Brits moving cash to Thailand and paying high transfer fees and lousy exchange rates. I have 5k waiting to move when the rate gets a bit better.

This is basically the role that bitcoin serves: a grey market for money transfers in and out of Thailand, where you do not need to trust the other party.

Though last I checked, the spread was pretty bad, and for a single transaction, the overhead of setting up accounts on both a Thai and U.K. bitcoin exchange might be a bit too much. In fact, if you can withdraw money from your Thai bank account to a PayPal account, this could be a better solution.

But as others have alluded to, the real question to OP is “how did you get the money into Thailand in the first place?”. I understand that the current amount is from selling your purchase contract, but you paid for this purchase contract in the first place, so where did these money come from?

If these came via a bank wire, you can go to your bank and get documentation for this wire transfer, which should be enough documentation to get the money out of the country.

But perhaps you wired the money directly to Matrix?

On 10/7/2017 at 11:11 PM, Coconut007 said:

Buy 20 bitcoins, cash in Europe

This is what I was going to suggest. First buy a trezor hardware wallet from Chezch republic and learn how to use it. Then Register with a thai exchange. Buy bitcoin on that exchange and transfer the bitcoin immediately to your trezor. Carry the trezor in your pocket on the plane and if your a british guy you can register a coinbase account in the uk and transfer from your trezor to your coinbase account. Then cash it in and have them fund it to your bank acc. 

You just have to first ask coinbase if they can cash it in for you based on the fact that you bought it in a thai exchange. It shouldnt be a problem. They will like the fees. 

Most of the members here are old and have no idea about bitcoin. But its not so hard if you look into it. It took me a while to understand it all but now its ok. Pm me if you want help

Edited by davidst01

On 10/8/2017 at 9:58 AM, wimpy said:

If it was me, I would buy bitcoin in Thailand and convert back to my home currency. Will have pay some fees, to do this.

Should have bought the bitcoin when I mentioned it. You would be substantially better off this morning. LOL.

On 09/10/2017 at 2:15 AM, Coconut007 said:

Some people here act like you are laundering millions...

Are British so poor today that $80k raise suspicions? 

Yes they’re too busy housing 2 million muslim migrants at $700,000$ a time

Hell PJ ... all round Thailand does seem to be giving you a hard time ..but do not despair bring some cash around to my place and you can watch me moving gbp from my uk bank to your ...of course it won't be completely fee free ...the more desperate you are the larger the fee ....☺

Edited by JAS21