Is it possible to get a re-entry permit on a 90 day stamp

I have a 1 year multiple entry non b visa that expires in november my work permit then expires in december. Once i renew the work permit i will then go to penang to get a new multiple entry non b now before the visa expires i will go out and return and get a 90 day stamp which will cover me until i get a new visa. My question is between my old visa and getting a new one do i have to stay in thailand on this 90 day stamp or can i get a reentry permit on this to allow me to still come and go during this time.

Thank s for the help

3 minutes ago, leechelsea said:

So if the visa has a last entry day of 20 november but my stamp is until mid febuary the re entery permit will last until the end date of the stamp is this correct?

Correct.

4 hours ago, leechelsea said:

Thank you for the response

So if the visa has a last entry day of 20 november but my stamp is until mid febuary the re entery permit will last until the end date of the stamp is this correct?

It is your permitted-stay that a re-entry permit keeps intact.  When you leave Thailand and return, you are allowed back in on your previous permitted-stay - getting the same "permitted until" stamp date you had before.

A "single" re-entry permit to allow one "out and back" trip during your current "permitted-stay" is 1000 Baht.  A "multi" re-entry permit to allow many "out and back" trips during your current "permitted-stay" is 3800 Baht.

11 hours ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Just say it is the same for all nationalities, cant you?

For getting a re-entry permit it is same for all nationalities.

At immigration the only difference is that those from India cannot extend the 60 day entry from a tourist visa for 30 days.

On entry they can only get a 15 day visa on arrival.

Indian nationals can only apply for a Thai visa in India unless a legal resident of the country where they are applying. 

As far as i know those are the only difference for them.

• Thanks 1