‘No more dumping in my klong,’ says Chalong Mayor

snoop1130

‘No more dumping in my klong,’ says Chalong Mayor

1507542648_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Chalong Mayor Samran Jindapol has urged local residents to stop dumping garbage in the small estuaries that feed into the well-known Klong Mudong canal on Phuket’s east coast, fouling the water and blocking the streams from emptying into Chalong Bay.

Further infringements could be punished with fines of up to B2,000, Mayor Samran warned.

The alarm was raised after people posted complaints of the dumping through the “Pineapple Eyes” environmental community mobile-phone reporting app, developed and launched through the Natural Resources and Environment (NRE) Phuket office with support from Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthon, Mayor Samran explained.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-more-dumping-in-my-klong-says-chalong-mayor-64241.php#XoodaafR5ZtZRdES.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-9

4 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

And a foreigner (tourist) is now to be fined 100.000 Baht for smoking a cigarette on Thai beaches....

I get the feeling we're not wanted here..

We are not wanted. Our money is wanted and should be handed over quickly  and get back on plane home ASAP.

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

We are not wanted. Our money is wanted and should be handed over quickly  and get back on plane home ASAP.

As a Thai lady once said to me, farangs are just walking ATM machines and the first withdrawal starts at the airport.:thumbsup:

Until Thai people discover some totally alien concept called Civic Pride...........nothing will change.

My recommendation is that they launch some program that plugs into their overblown sense of patriotism.

Something along the lines of disrespecting Thailand by dumping and making a beautiful country ugly is unpatriotic.