Operators preparing for the storm as Pattaya smoking ban approaches

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The manic said:

A storm of approval from the 90% of people who do not smoke. Bring it on! 

It's going to affect any farang that can be fitted up for dropping a butt by the fake cops that will start turning up with a few butts in their pocket. doesn't matter if you smoke or not.

100,000 baht is enough to attract every con man in LOS to the beaches. Any still brave enough to venture on the sand better bring a couple of 1000 baht notes with them.

I don't smoke, but I won't be going anywhere near one of those 20 beaches till they have to drop it because a few unsuspecting tourists got banged up for smoking and tourist numbers fall.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:57 AM, Peterw42 said:

What a load of BS, 90% of beach goers pay their 100 baht for a chair, umbrella, table service, rubbish bin, and an ash tray if required or someone cleans up your table after you eat drink etc . Just like any other resturant, bar etc.

The odd person may set up on their towel and then leave behind rubbish but most will sit at the beach vendors.

This is addressing a problem that really doesn't exists.

The problem is water and sewage treatment, plastic bags and bottles, cigarette butts are way at the bottom of the list.

It's 40 baht for a chair. I understand that You don' live here...but I agree with Your post..

7 hours ago, bobobo said:

It's 40 baht for a chair. I understand that You don' live here...but I agree with Your post..

I do live here, the 100 baht figure was a nice round number for posting.

i smoke, and will smoke further

this stupid law =,i recommand some of these so called leaders ..go to mental health center to make a checkup for your brains, theirmust be some disturbance or more...

less and less people comming...

for me.. i really give a shit on, the last time i was on "plastic and rubbish beach" was even some years ago

On 10/10/2017 at 10:50 PM, NCC1701A said:

Can you imagine after your long flight and the first morning on the beach, not knowing anything about this new law, you relax and light up and get fined $3000 USD?

Nope, because I won't go back.  Retirement VISA has been "retired".

Just now, InMyShadow said:
On 10/23/2017 at 7:39 AM, Peterw42 said:
I do live here, the 100 baht figure was a nice round number for posting.

That's over a 100% increase. Try to keep it real. 40 baht is nice and round

I think 100 is more about right if you add in a bottle if water and a coffee or coconut, for example.

just another way to get  the cash from the tourists rolling in, may work this year will not next as decent tourists are saying no more to this 3rd world country.

Good to see the British Government Website talking about it

Thai authorities have announced that in November they will introduce a smoking ban on beaches in certain tourist areas, including in Koh Samui, Pattaya and in Phuket, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chon Buri and Songkhla provinces. Those caught smoking in non-designated areas could face a 100,000 baht fine or up to a year in prison. You should follow local guidance.

You can’t bring vaporisers (like e-cigarettes and e-baraku) or refills into Thailand. These items are likely to be confiscated and you could be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted. The sale or supply of e-cigarettes and similar devices is also banned and you could face a heavy fine or up to 5 years imprisonment if found guilty. Several British Nationals have been arrested for possession of vaporisers and e-cigarettes.

Mind you on that website after reading it, many will not come here anymore and some say they feel safe here, you will not when you read that website.

Time is running out fast

14 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

just another way to get  the cash from the tourists rolling in, may work this year will not next as decent tourists are saying no more to this 3rd world country.

Good to see the British Government Website talking about it

Thai authorities have announced that in November they will introduce a smoking ban on beaches in certain tourist areas, including in Koh Samui, Pattaya and in Phuket, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chon Buri and Songkhla provinces. Those caught smoking in non-designated areas could face a 100,000 baht fine or up to a year in prison. You should follow local guidance.

You can’t bring vaporisers (like e-cigarettes and e-baraku) or refills into Thailand. These items are likely to be confiscated and you could be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted. The sale or supply of e-cigarettes and similar devices is also banned and you could face a heavy fine or up to 5 years imprisonment if found guilty. Several British Nationals have been arrested for possession of vaporisers and e-cigarettes.

Mind you on that website after reading it, many will not come here anymore and some say they feel safe here, you will not when you read that website.

Time is running out fast

Perhaps it's information like that that has the hotel owner I spoke to yesterday saving it's the worst for customers by far.

Plus, of course, being told that they can't have a drink wouldn't help.