TM 7 Form Change

I just did my retirement extension at Nakhon Sawan Immigration Yesterday.  I gave her a completed form that I have stored on my computer.  The officer told me that the form has changed but that she would accept the old one this year and not make me complete a new one.  I asked her if the form had changed on the Immigration website and she said "probably not yet".. I just checked and it hasn't been updated.  She told me that I would have to use the new form next year.  So beware, you might be required to fill out a different TM7 if you think that you have all of your paperwork in order.

I had to sign the two forms, one about any changes in your status and the other about the overstay penalties.  She accepted my Income Affidavit from the US Embassy with no backup information and a copy of my 5 year driver's license as proof of address.

One thing interesting not about my trip to the Embassy yesterday morning was that they were showing the "Fake News" on CNN on the TV in the waiting room and when I waked in the big banner about Senator Corker calling the WH an adult day care center was being displayed.  I wonder how long the Ambassador would have his job if Trump knew about it!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Out of curiosity do they still insist on Embassy affidavits/letters being no older than 1 month?

I asked the IO that question last year and she said that they now accept them up to six month old.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The new TM7 and TM8 forms were discussed earlier this year.

I had the same problem...but they made me fill out the 'new' form...the one you have put a link to still doesn't match the new one in use in Samui...that one asks for phone number and email address

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I had the same problem...but they made me fill out the 'new' form...the one you have put a link to still doesn't match the new one in use in Samui...that one asks for phone number and email address

That is the nationwide standard form. If an office modifies one then I guess you have to use it.

The office here wants your phone number written in on it under the photo.

17 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Likewise had the same problem at Samui yesterday.  They also re-photocopied my passport pages because they were photocopied in landscape mode and they said they had to be readable by looking at the A4 page, without rotating it.  They also asked for a photocopy of my Bankbook, despite me producing an Embassy Letter as proof of income, but the website says, either or!

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The new TM7 and TM8 forms were discussed earlier this year.

It is on the new immigration website. This is it here. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547929418.pdf

Or you can use this one. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

@ubonjoe The manual TM7 that you linked to is, apart from the font and a couple of explanations such as "Amphoe/Khet (District)" , nearly the same as the one I downloaded in December 2016 and used in March this year at Jomtien. No mention of phone numbers either. At the time you suggested using the fillable one but because it was a PITA to use, (sorry) I reverted to the manual one. Are you now saying that either/or is acceptable to most offices?

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

@ubonjoe The manual TM7 that you linked to is, apart from the font and a couple of explanations such as "Amphoe/Khet (District)" , nearly the same as the one I downloaded in December 2016 and used in March this year at Jomtien. No mention of phone numbers either. At the time you suggested using the fillable one but because it was a PITA to use, (sorry) I reverted to the manual one. Are you now saying that either/or is acceptable to most offices?

The 2 forms that I posted are the same version of the TM7 form.

The old version is no longer available on the immigration website.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So what is different between the two forms? Anything of substance?

Not that big a difference but enough that it easy to notice they are not the same form.

The photo frame now has the photo size in English.

One significant difference it the 2nd line that was added in number one. Also there is no longer a mention of the 1900 fee that was on the old one.

1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นคาขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการที่ไม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้
WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The old version is no longer available on the immigration website.

I just looked at and downloaded the old form from this immigration website: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download

The first indication is that the old the first line on the right has "Immigration Office" in English, the new form has "Written at", so if you google Thai Immigration forms you will get the Downloadable forms for Division on and this is the link that you are connected to.

4 minutes ago, wayned said:

I just looked at and downloaded the old form from this immigration website: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download

I was referring to this immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

Also the new form is not available in document format. The PDF forms on the Bangkok immigration site gives a failure when you try download them.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not that big a difference but enough that it easy to notice they are not the same form.

The photo frame now has the photo size in English.

One significant difference it the 2nd line that was added in number one. Also there is no longer a mention of the 1900 fee that was on the old one.

Thanks for your reply to mine above and also, there was a thread about the photo size on here a while ago - the one i used last time was 4 cm (W) x 5 cm (H), so presumably they'd still be OK? I got them from one of those film shops you see dotted about simply asking for "Passport pictures"

The box on the both the current and old forms is 3.5cm (W) by 4.5cm (H) anyway!

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

The box on the both the current and old forms is 3.5cm (W) by 4.5cm (H) anyway!

I would say that it is closer to 4 X 5 cm than 3.5 X 4.5. Most immigration offices will accept a photo that covers the frame on the form.

I print out my own photos that I adjust to 4 X 6 cm.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was referring to this immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

Also the new form is not available in document format. The PDF forms on the Bangkok immigration site gives a failure when you try download them.

You said that it was not downloadable from the immigration website.  As I said, if you go to Google and input Thai Immigration Forms the first entry that you get is Download Form - Immigration Division 1 bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download.

If you click on that you get the list of available forms.  If you select TM7 you can download and print the old form in MS word, I said nothing about PDF. Not everybody reads TV so if they did what I just did and downloaded the form from the immigration website that trey were connected to they would download, print and use the wrong form that is nut accepted by some offices.  So don't say that " The old version is no longer available on the immigration website. " because it is and is downloadable and usable.

Then I realized that I was responding to someone that can never admit that he is wrong and remembered why I stopped reading or posting on this forum.

Bye bye again!

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say that it is closer to 4 X 5 cm than 3.5 X 4.5. Most immigration offices will accept a photo that covers the frame on the form.

Unusually, UJ I am going to respectfully disagree with you (shock, horror!) but being pedantic, on the latest form, (being the PDF that mentions disabilities) the photo box is exactly 3.5cm W x 4.5cm H (printed at 100%) so my pictures are still larger.

BUT, as you say, they will probably "accept a photo that covers the frame on the form" - mine are bigger so should be OK, wouldn't you agree?.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe if I go to a Thai photo shop can I just ask for a photo for visa, what color background, white?

16 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Joe if I go to a Thai photo shop can I just ask for a photo for visa, what color background, white?

That is what most immigrant offices will accept. Some don't care if it is white or blue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Unusually, UJ I am going to respectfully disagree with you (shock, horror!) but being pedantic, on the latest form, (being the PDF that mentions disabilities) the photo box is exactly 3.5cm W x 4.5cm H (printed at 100%) so my pictures are still larger.

BUT, as you say, they will probably "accept a photo that covers the frame on the form" - mine are bigger so should be OK, wouldn't you agree?.

The Chiangmai Immigration office at times has been a stickler about the photo being 4 x 6 cm.  Obviously it would help if the form's box was 4 x 6 but it isn't and the smaller size of that box is what causes an occasional problem.  Safest bet - get your photos 4 x 6 CM and they'll be accepted everywhere all the time.

Edit:  As for color, sometimes (not all that often, I'm told) an Immigration Officer up here will require the blue background.  Probably safest way to go.

Edited by CMBob

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

One significant difference it the 2nd line that was added in number one.

WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

In practice, though, I suspect that most offices will probably insist on those acting on behalf of a disabled or handicapped applicant having on them some doctor's note confirming that the applicant is unable to travel to the office in person.

Edited by OJAS

21 hours ago, flexomike said:

Mike - I obtain my retirement extension and re-entry permit photos from the Kodak shop in Kachet (on the left-hand side of Highway 3 as you come from Rayong to our part of the world, just before the traffic lights). Blue seems to be their staple background colour for ID photos, which is definitely OK with Maptaput. But, unless you're pretty good at estimating 6cm x 4cm, I would advise you to arm yourself with a 6-inch ruler to facilitate you in selecting which of the display photos is nearest the required dimensions.  Although I didn't experience any problems with Maptaput when I inadvertently obtained smaller photos a few years ago, I really didn't want to tempt fate a second time!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is certainly not identical. There are several small changes. The obvious ones are on page 2.

You are right as always Ubonjoe - they have changed the dimensions for the photo from Thai digits to Western, and removed the sentence about the fee of 1900 baht. The latter makes me wonder if the fee, unchanged all the time I have been here, is about to see a sudden leap.

• 11 months later...

are they still taking the old TM 7s at Jomtien immigration, i just filled the form out now it looks like i have got the old form after reading this,  bugger, i live close by so might pop up better as its hassle to  sort out the printer and laptop again , 

21 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

are they still taking the old TM 7s at Jomtien immigration, i just filled the form out now it looks like i have got the old form after reading this,  bugger, i live close by so might pop up better as its hassle to  sort out the printer and laptop again , 

I don't think they will accept the old form since the new one came out in January of last year.

New TM7 form download. Fillable TM7 form.pdf 

If needed the new TM8 form. Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf