New SUV.

fredob43

18 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes I read your OP.  But, to get to your OP from my email, I have to click on the Forum headline that I get from Thai Visa.  Thai Visa sends me news updates and forum postings to my email.  If I am interesting in something, I click on it and it sends me to it on TV.   What I got in my email was exactly what I wrote, with the question 'what is it?'.  I suspect Dotpoom got the same thing in his email.  Obviously, two of us thought there was a question being asked in the posting.  I don't know who added the question to the topic headline. 

Then please except my apologies. TV buggering everything up yet again.

If you think about it why would I add 'what is it' when I gave the answer in the first paragraph.  

13 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

OK Magoo.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Nice to see you back.

Thought you might have been spending your time fumbling about putting keys in your dated ignition.

Question. Do Ford supply a torch for doing same? or is it an optional extra.

12 hours ago, steve187 said:

we are still not sure what the new Vauxhall is.

Sorry cant help there, it was hard enough to get snaps of them without getting rundown by the M/C Taxies. All I know is that's they both had a Vauxhall badge on the grill.

saw one tonight in Pattaya, sorry for the cr@p photos, riding a scooter while taking a photo is not that easy 555

Anyway I could not see any badge but laying my own eyes on this test car ignited my curiously and a bit of googling came up with this story on a motoring press website:

https://indianautosblog.com/2017/05/india-bound-mg-motors-hyundai-cretaford-ecosport-rival-snapped-thailand-268837

https://indianautosblog.com/2017/07/india-bound-mg-motor-ford-ecosport-tata-nexon-rival-272934/mg-zs-mg-xs-spy-shot-thailand

so my money is on MG not Vauxhall.

mg_f.jpg

mg_r.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's the MG as identified quite a few posts ago. It will have anything but a MG badge on it as that is all part of testing a yet-to-released model along with the dazzle-day camouflage.

It seems to get a decent review here.

MG ZS first drive: much better than just cheap and cheerful

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's the MG as identified quite a few posts ago. It will have anything but a MG badge on it as that is all part of testing a yet-to-released model along with the dazzle-day camouflage.

It seems to get a decent review here.

MG ZS first drive: much better than just cheap and cheerful

Grill not same, front lights not same, and side window 1/4 light not the same, or even the wheels.

How you can say that it's a new MG Buddha only knows.

I do know they like to change things but why would they put a Vauxhall badge in it??? have just had another look at inside and there's no glass? roof.

Added to that they have already released the MG ZS so why are they still testing it???

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Grill not same, front lights not same, and side window 1/4 light not the same, or even the wheels.

How you can say that it's a new MG Buddha only knows.

I do know they like to change things but why would they put a Vauxhall badge in it??? have just had another look at inside and there's no glass? roof.

Added to that they have already released the MG ZS so why are they still testing it???

I am referring to the SECOND vehicle in the picture in the OP. The FIRST vehicle in the picture in the OP looks like the vehicle in the most recent picture posted in this thread which is NOT the vehicle I was talking about.

Once more, you argue the toss about other people's opinions, pointlessly ask for justifications but offer absolutely bugger all yourself.

Here's a clue, put me on your Ignore list. Please.

TiT

...and I do NOT mean This is Thailand either.

Going to put my hands up here.

I could have been incorrect when I said it was a Vauxhall.

Only obtained a quick glimpse of the badge and thought it was the Vaux: Griffin.

But having had a look through SUV's available the Peugeot SUV fit's the bill spot on. As that does have a large sun roof already. They might just have made it even bigger.

Sorry but not going down the MG route.

Archived