New SUV.

fredob43

Sorry their not to clear but this is a couple of snaps of the new Vauxhall SUV, taken in Pattaya two days ago.

It has a glass roof similar to Fords Everest. It's slightly bigger than the Honda Crv but smaller than the Everest/Tuna.

Just though some peeps might be interested.

IMGP0017 (1).JPG

IMGP0018 (1).JPG

Hard to tell what it is. The car in the front seems to be another model than the one in the back. The rear end looks like MG. The front grill of the second car looks similar than on the new MG 6. No idea what the first car could be.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Vauxhall Grandland..Though the  grill is different in the OP..The rest looks the same..vaux.jpg.c99c6b5a2440ee97d228a92c6f905499.jpg

You could be correct there TA just new model who knows.

For the peeps that said it's not a Vauxhall I can assure you it is. If you look at the first picture you will see two lumps, First one I took the snap of the front/side. Second was of the second lump rear end that had half the covering missing.

That one was showing the Vauxhall badge.

There were 3 of them driving around Pattaya for days. After several goes managed to get snaps without getting run over. Bloody crazy place Pattaya, glad to be out. 

Anything that gets road-tested in Pattaya and especially manages to traverse the challenging Soi Buakhao/Lengkee/Diana cross-roads with such ease is obviously going to get very, very high marks from the savvy and critical Thai motoring press.

GM testing stuff for sure but I don't think there are any plans for Vauxhall-badged GM's in Thailand are there?

37 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Anything that gets road-tested in Pattaya and especially manages to traverse the challenging Soi Buakhao/Lengkee/Diana cross-roads with such ease is obviously going to get very, very high marks from the savvy and critical Thai motoring press.

GM testing stuff for sure but I don't think there are any plans for Vauxhall-badged GM's in Thailand are there?

Spot on.

It was early morning time when I took the snaps hence the "Light" traffic. 

Had just had breakfast at the Queens.

8 hours ago, juehoe said:

Hard to tell what it is. The car in the front seems to be another model than the one in the back. The rear end looks like MG. The front grill of the second car looks similar than on the new MG 6. No idea what the first car could be.

Am I missing something. The OP wants to know what is is and yet he says it's a new Vauxhall SUV

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

You could be correct there TA just new model who knows.

For the peeps that said it's not a Vauxhall I can assure you it is. If you look at the first picture you will see two lumps, First one I took the snap of the front/side. Second was of the second lump rear end that had half the covering missing.

That one was showing the Vauxhall badge.

There were 3 of them driving around Pattaya for days. After several goes managed to get snaps without getting run over. Bloody crazy place Pattaya, glad to be out. 

8 hours ago, transam said:

Vauxhall Grandland..Though the  grill is different in the OP..The rest looks the same..vaux.jpg.c99c6b5a2440ee97d228a92c6f905499.jpg

Not only the grilles but the lights and body mouldings below the windows and at the bottom of the doors are completely different.

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

No way! The Torag is huge compared to those dinky hatchbacks in the OP.

22 minutes ago, BrunoB said:

Et voila...

MG 01.JPG

MG 02.JPG

Ladies and gentlemen... we have a winner!!!!

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Am I missing something. The OP wants to know what is is and yet he says it's a new Vauxhall SUV

Where did I ask what it was. Suggest you re read my post. I stated that these were snap of a Vauxhall SUV. I sometime wish I had never posted anything on TV as it only gets turned around. For all's information the things had Vauxhall badges on the grill. So not a W/W. Or an MG. IT'S A BLOODY VAUXHALL for Buddha sake.

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

3 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Vauxhall? Haven't heard that name in years. Fond memories of a Vauxhall Cresta doing the ton ( mph, not km/h ) in my youth.

Heh, Vauxhall is a weard name for Opel, only used on a certain island, and we all know how people living on islands are...?

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Where did I ask what it was. Suggest you re read my post. I stated that these were snap of a Vauxhall SUV. I sometime wish I had never posted anything on TV as it only gets turned around. For all's information the things had Vauxhall badges on the grill. So not a W/W. Or an MG. IT'S A BLOODY VAUXHALL for Buddha sake.

Maybe don't jump all over Dotpoom.  The headline for your posting, which appeared in the email I, and, apparently, Dotpoom received from Thai Visa, was:  "New SUV spotted in Pattaya, what is it?"   So, from the headline, it appeared you were asking for help in identifying the SUV.  I was ready to take a wild guess that it was a Daihatsu Charade but you took all the fun out of it by already having the answer.

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Vauxhall = GM = Junk. 

Vauxhall badges mean it is GM platform so could alternatively be badged as Chevrolet, Opel or even Holden depending on the market it is offered in.

Maybe for the Thai market it's the Craptiva's replacement ?

Just because it had a Vauxhall badge does not mean it was a Vauxhall, car manufactures do many things to disguise test mules including putting completely unrelated badges on them and the crazy looking paintwork/wrap. The 2 pics are definitely 2 different vehicles, one does have the exact lines of the MG so I would put my money on that.

Kudos to the OP for posting the pics, defiantly a more interesting thread than most of them in motoring 555

For the record, Vauxhall/Opel is no longer a GM brand:

http://www.businessinsider.com/gm-opel-sale-23-billion-2017-3

9 minutes ago, jay1980 said:

Just because it had a Vauxhall badge does not mean it was a Vauxhall, car manufactures do many things to disguise test mules including putting completely unrelated badges on them and the crazy looking paintwork/wrap. The 2 pics are definitely 2 different vehicles, one does have the exact lines of the MG so I would put my money on that.

Kudos to the OP for posting the pics, defiantly a more interesting thread than most of them in motoring 555

Thanks for that update. 

16 minutes ago, jay1980 said:

Reckon the ride was in the pipe line and being built for the future before the sale and could still be produced as a Vauxhall..

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Maybe don't jump all over Dotpoom.  The headline for your posting, which appeared in the email I, and, apparently, Dotpoom received from Thai Visa, was:  "New SUV spotted in Pattaya, what is it?"   So, from the headline, it appeared you were asking for help in identifying the SUV.  I was ready to take a wild guess that it was a Daihatsu Charade but you took all the fun out of it by already having the answer.

Head line. New SUV. Sorry but no mention of what is it. Suggest you also re-read my OP.

41 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Head line. New SUV. Sorry but no mention of what is it. Suggest you also re-read my OP.

Yes I read your OP.  But, to get to your OP from my email, I have to click on the Forum headline that I get from Thai Visa.  Thai Visa sends me news updates and forum postings to my email.  If I am interesting in something, I click on it and it sends me to it on TV.   What I got in my email was exactly what I wrote, with the question 'what is it?'.  I suspect Dotpoom got the same thing in his email.  Obviously, two of us thought there was a question being asked in the posting.  I don't know who added the question to the topic headline. 

Archived