Terror at Makro - shoppers flee as soldier shoots pregnant wife three times in the back

rooster59

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

How can a soldier be allowed to carry a loaded weapon in to a public place.  Both the Army and RTP are very remiss regarding their regulations on carrying weapons.  We have even had several cases on Koh Samui of off duty officers shooting people.  They should be required to hand in their weapons to an armoury when not on duty.  Then this week we see the Thai Government are clamping down on foreigners owning weapons.  I think there is a far greater problem with your own Nationals, some of whom act like cowboys in the wild west and have little or no regard for human life.

Very simple, he was intent on killing someone...............we have the same problem in Hawaii - tourists come there to commit suicide by going to the gun ranges, in some cases shoot the instructor trying to stop them before killing themselves.

1 hour ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

The fact is that gun deaths in Thailand is extremely high. It is the highest in Asia and at 7.48 per 100 000 people it is more than double that of the US of 3.55 (2013).

And the US is about (much) more than double that of the European countries.

So what are you trying to say?

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I am at a loss to explain any benefit to actually having a Thai husband !

i am struggling to see any benefits of being here at all.  been here over 2 years now.  Im off!

its just one episode of madness after another.

i prefer Europe.

gave it a shot here, not for me.

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Yet ANOTHER unstable Thai male in a relationship. A soldier too !

<deleted> like this are trusted to run this country ! 

Yeah, right, General was he?

Let's ignore the human relationship tragedy for this family and have a go at the army.

Never miss a chance.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I remember some years ago a security guard challenged a soldier for double-parking on Rama 4 Road. The soldier shot him. No different at all to the Wild West of how many years ago? 100 or so?

like parts of the USA in this present day , no need to go back a 100 years

58 minutes ago, Thian said:

And the US is about (much) more than double that of the European countries.

So what are you trying to say?

It sounds like he's saying there are more shootings in Thailand than in any part of Asia, and double the number of shootings in America. I believe he's using those figures to suggest that there is a problem with the number of shootings in Thailand as they are a lot higher than other countries.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, right, General was he?

Let's ignore the human relationship tragedy for this family and have a go at the army.

Never miss a chance.

Don't you think the Army should be 'got at'? They probably supplied the gun - the cause of the tragedy. And, the way the piece reads, he was in uniform, too . . . the 'soldier' element is the item's 2nd key factor, after the sad deaths, of course.

Edited by Ossy
omission

2 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I agree with you but I stay in Thailanf on a permanent basis. I have no other home than Thailand. When I express an opinion about Thailand it maybe critical but it would be to improve the country not to put it down. Thais are unfortunately very touchy when their country is critized. 

Even more Thai bashing .

Thais are not anymore "touchy" and critisism of their Country than any other Nationalities are

It isnt just criticism on TV , theres quite a lot of constant mindless hateful abuse of Thailand on many threads .

delphioracle

If you and your countrymen or countrywomen  are innocent you can cast the stones but look to your own country first before you malign we Thais.

I am Australian and Australia has some of the toughest gun laws in the world. The only people allowed to carry a gun in public is police and armed security officers. No military person is allowed to carry a gun in public unless it is for ceremonial duty and then they do not carry ammunition.

Maybe Thailand and America needs to rethink their gun laws

It's usually  off duty police ,now army shooting innocent people. Pathetic people mind of a 2year old with weapons. And they are going to ban foreigns from owning firearms. It's not them they should be worried about its all the braindead morons in this country 

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Even more Thai bashing .

Thais are not anymore "touchy" and critisism of their Country than any other Nationalities are

It isnt just criticism on TV , theres quite a lot of constant mindless hateful abuse of Thailand on many threads .

You are joking of course. I have never known such a nationalistic racist country

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

i am struggling to see any benefits of being here at all.  been here over 2 years now.  Im off!

i prefer Europe.

Plenty of crazy people in Europe killing others and that’s people they don’t even know and not single digits either.

Have fun!

23 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

delphioracle

If you and your countrymen or countrywomen  are innocent you can cast the stones but look to your own country first before you malign we Thais.

I am Australian and Australia has some of the toughest gun laws in the world. The only people allowed to carry a gun in public is police and armed security officers. No military person is allowed to carry a gun in public unless it is for ceremonial duty and then they do not carry ammunition.

Maybe Thailand and America needs to rethink their gun laws

Whilst you are right and I recall contributing to the gun buy back by having to pay an increased Medicare levy under John Howard it hasn’t stopped people shooting others

Unfortunatly it seems that firearms can still be purchased illegally if you are willing to pay.

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

i prefer Europe.

Only 2 years?

Me, 14, and NO WAY could I live back in the West permanently. Bad Shit happens worldwide i'm afraid.

Close the door on the way out...

Has Thailand always been a wicked and evil country? I mean go to a supermarket regardless of other's safety you shoot your pregnant wife in the back. Like China has always been a wicked and evil country but the communist regime has managed to stop some of it otherwise it would be very bad. 

I was told Thailand even in olden days was very wicked and evil country. Is that true?Please I am not a racist just bring up an issue that I have heard. Just discussing no Thai bashing, oh no, no Thai bashing, I am an intellectual. Thai bashing serves no purpose.

26 minutes ago, madusa said:

I was told Thailand even in olden days was very wicked and evil country. Is that true?Please I am not a racist just bring up an issue that I have heard. Just discussing no Thai bashing, oh no, no Thai bashing, I am an intellectual. Thai bashing serves no purpose.

There are "wicked & evil" people in every country in the World

34 minutes ago, madusa said:

Has Thailand always been a wicked and evil country? I mean go to a supermarket regardless of other's safety you shoot your pregnant wife in the back. Like China has always been a wicked and evil country but the communist regime has managed to stop some of it otherwise it would be very bad. 

I guess, from your 'wicked & evil' questions, that you don't live here. After 5yrs, I'm a relative newcomer so can't speak about the old days. But, I can say that I'm dismayed by a lot of bad behaviour that I witness most days, here; mostly from Thai males, from secondary school age to middle-age, when, perhaps because they've managed to learn enough sense to appraise their contribution to their community and family, they are able to act like adults for the first time in their lives. Please note that I said 'dismayed by a lot' of the bad stuff and take heart from the fact that there are many 'good' Thais, too. There just ain't enough of them to do Buddha much credit at this time.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Whilst you are right and I recall contributing to the gun buy back by having to pay an increased Medicare levy under John Howard it hasn’t stopped people shooting others

Unfortunatly it seems that firearms can still be purchased illegally if you are willing to pay.

I use to own or say collect guns and whatever weapons I could get my hands on, my stock would make the guy recently in Vegas look small. The last few years I've sold everything since I don't have any place to store them any longer. I'm a believer that it is not the gun that kills but the owner! and as we know that happens everywhere in the world.  Sadly, the problem goes a lot deeper here than the Thais understand. 

R.I.P. to all the victims

Edited by thailand49

Seriously this? I’ve been lucky that I’d not decided to shop at the makro yesterday. I was walking from UD Town to the Big-C on the other side of the road. My first intention was to get something at the Makro. On the way back round 18:15 went with the Song Teauw back to UD Town and passed the Makro.

ok I’d checked out what time this was, it was before 16:00 this shooting has going on. I was between 14:30-15:00 in a Chinese store across the Makro. ?

Edited by Khun Klahan