Terror at Makro - shoppers flee as soldier shoots pregnant wife three times in the back

rooster59

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, johncat1 said:

And the Thai government wants to ban foreigners from owning and using guns ?    They need to put their own house in order first. 

To start with they should ban ALL off duty police and military from carrying guns in public 

Safer to ban all indigenous including police and military.

5 hours ago, leeneeds said:

The skill set is amazing 

R.I.P.   the innocent 2

How can a soldier be allowed to carry a loaded weapon in to a public place.  Both the Army and RTP are very remiss regarding their regulations on carrying weapons.  We have even had several cases on Koh Samui of off duty officers shooting people.  They should be required to hand in their weapons to an armoury when not on duty.  Then this week we see the Thai Government are clamping down on foreigners owning weapons.  I think there is a far greater problem with your own Nationals, some of whom act like cowboys in the wild west and have little or no regard for human life.

1 hour ago, delphioracle said:

A horrendous crime without a doubt and yes jealously and los of face may well be the prime motives for the crime.

However I see yet again people  screaming about our Thai attitudes, yes we do have problems as do all other races,.

But did you oh so vocal keyboard typists  make similar comments and blanket judgements concerning   Stephen Paddock an American and his actions and the  general attitudes of Americans?

Some how I never noticed them.

If you and your countrymen or countrywomen  are innocent you can cast the stones but look to your own country first before you malign we Thais.

Fair comment and, on your point re atrocities in the US and elsewhere, I admit that I just don't hook-up to those threads . . . scared of reading home-truths, maybe.

3 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

How can a soldier be allowed to carry a loaded weapon in to a public place.  Both the Army and RTP are very remiss regarding their regulations on carrying weapons.  We have even had several cases on Koh Samui of off duty officers shooting people.  They should be required to hand in their weapons to an armoury when not on duty.  Then this week we see the Thai Government are clamping down on foreigners owning weapons.  I think there is a far greater problem with your own Nationals, some of whom act like cowboys in the wild west and have little or no regard for human life.

It maybe his private weapon and not his military issued pistol. If that is the case the fact that he is a soldier is only background info. If he did use his official weapon the RTA is very lax with their controls and must be condemned. 

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Yet ANOTHER unstable Thai male in a relationship. A soldier too !

<deleted> like this are trusted to run this country ! 

Here we go again out come the thai bashing again not sure what country you are from but this happens everywhere. It's just men in general. There wife's are treated as just another possession 

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Schooting a pregnant woman 3x in the back my goodness.

I believe it falls under the local male philosophy of -- if I can't have you, then no one else will.

Been repeated over and over and over again in various ways -- guns, knives, setting on fire, etc etc.

BTW, to those commenting above, where I come from, there certainly are, from time to time, the unfortunate domestic, in the heat of the moment killings.

But here, oftentimes and mostly by spurned men, there's also the cold-blooded, coldly calculated, track the woman down later at some unsuspecting moment and calmly do them in in some brutal way -- far more here than where I come from. It's disturbing to say the least.

15 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I remember some years ago a security guard challenged a soldier for double-parking on Rama 4 Road. The soldier shot him. No different at all to the Wild West of how many years ago? 100 or so?

A horrendous crime without a doubt and yes jealously and los of face may well be the prime motives for the crime.

However I see yet again people  screaming about our Thai attitudes, yes we do have problems as do all other races,.

But did you oh so vocal keyboard typists  make similar comments and blanket judgements concerning   Stephen Paddock an American and his actions and the  general attitudes of Americans?

If you and your countrymen or countrywomen  are innocent you can cast the stones but look to your own country first before you malign we Thais.

I agree with you but I stay in Thailanf on a permanent basis. I have no other home than Thailand. When I express an opinion about Thailand it maybe critical but it would be to improve the country not to put it down. Thais are unfortunately very touchy when their country is critized. The fact is that gun deaths in Thailand is extremely high. It is the highest in Asia and at 7.48 per 100 000 people it is more than double that of the US of 3.55 (2013). The fact is that there are too many guns in the hands of people that should not own firearms. Illegal firearms have been a problem for decades and the police is incapable of catching the people behind the smuggling rings. But you arr correct in saying so foreigners are criticizing Thailand without acknowledging their own countries problems.

I think you will find ALL posters abhor nasty murderers wherever they are. We are in Thailand and this is a Thailand board so it's not unreasonable that we comment about Thai matters?  I'm sure there are a zillion American boards discussing that scum Paddock. 

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I believe it falls under the local male philosophy of -- if I can't have you, then no one else will.

Been repeated over and over and over again in various ways -- guns, knives, setting on fire, etc etc.

BTW, to those commenting above, where I come from, there certainly are, from time to time, the unfortunate domestic, in the heat of the moment killings.

But here, oftentimes and mostly by spurned men, there's also the cold-blooded, coldly calculated, track the woman down later at some unsuspecting moment and calmly do them in in some brutal way -- far more here than where I come from. It's disturbing to say the least.

I have done alot of work with domestic violence in Australia. And I can say it is rife. Almost to the point of being normal and acceptable. Type man kills wife on Google and I think you will find America is alot worse. And in Australia we don't just kill them we cook and eat them

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

The military run the country

Thailand still the laughing stock of the world.

If only this were true! show me one example where they are the "laughing stock" I hope you can come up with lots as indeed they should be!

Instead the world condones them, strong baht, little negative publicity and tourism thrives year in, year out! makes no sense!

We live in a pretty screwed up world!

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'Chief Phumiwit said that the husband was handling the weapon that had jammed when it went off again. He said that he did not intend to kill himself.'

An expert in firearms, then. 

Instant karma and hope he suffers and dies like a dog (no offence to dogs).  

2 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'Chief Phumiwit said that the husband was handling the weapon that had jammed when it went off again. He said that he did not intend to kill himself.'

An expert in firearms, then. 

I have have never touched a firearm; where is the Thai version of the Foreign Legion?

12 minutes ago, CGW said:

If only this were true! show me one example where they are the "laughing stock" I hope you can come up with lots as indeed they should be!

Instead the world condones them, strong baht, little negative publicity and tourism thrives year in, year out! makes no sense!

We live in a pretty screwed up world!

Some of the world might condone them, a lot doesn't.

Strong Baht? Go back as far as you want; look at the Baht, look at the economy, political situation, etc.; no logical link, as there would be in other countries that have, for example, undergone political upheaval.

Tourism? Depends whether or not you believe the TAT's ever optimistic claims. 

And plenty of negative publicity.

17 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

I have have never touched a firearm; where is the Thai version of the Foreign Legion?

Why . . . thinking of joining? Step right this way and we'll soon find a farang gun, your size.

Archived