SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Well, neither of them are doing well at all, but is that all down to the EU, at one point Spain had the lowest unemployment in living history, that was just before the global financial crisis, they have not recovered since despite help and advice from the EU, but then they did choose to blow their loans which were obviously intended for investment in industry instead on making new parks, so what really do they expect to happen for them?  As I said earlier, the EU cannot force them to spend their EU and IMF loans sensibly, perhaps they should have more control but it seems many think they should have less.

So the EU doesn't have any oversight or input on the grant money it dishes out?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, aright said:

Thanks for that.....on review, I agree, it was nicely put.

"I see that happening" Have you advised EU governments on how to do it because they seem to be at a loss as to what to do.

As for Rochdale and Rotherham they have 6.5% unemployment as compared to 21% in the Paris suburbs. It's a chalk and cheese comparison, or is it donkeys and carts....I'm not sure.   Next time you go to Paris can I recommend you stay at an inner suburb like Clichy-sous-Bois. When you want to leave the hotel to go for an evening meal tell us what reception say to you. When I stay in London I stay in Whitechapel........mainly immigrant Muslim. I freely walk about in the evening ...no problem.

As for AfD vs AEG what did you say about pedantry in post 382?

Anyway I forgive you but I do have an excuse.

jacob.jpg

I don’t think he was referring to the employment rates.

Would your wife/girlfriend feel safe walking around these areas?

41E1DDAB-E0DB-4109-82D0-1D6AB9A1E2E0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The burdon on the NHS from EU migrants is nill, they contribute more than they take, they do actually tend to be younger people, the reason the NHS is screwed is because the Tory party are dismantling it.  Pensions will likely suffer more through leaving, there's is not going to be a saving, the 300 million is far less than we stand to lose from trade.

migrants working illegally would simply be entering as tourists, do you really think we would have not been letting in European tourists?

Most of your post is just speculation. But you have no idea if you think people from 'problem' countries can walk straight through passport control (as they have been able to from 'problem' EU countries since free movement). Next time you're going through, stand in a queue near the international one. 

23 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Well, neither of them are doing well at all, but is that all down to the EU, at one point Spain had the lowest unemployment in living history, that was just before the global financial crisis, they have not recovered since despite help and advice from the EU, but then they did choose to blow their loans which were obviously intended for investment in industry instead on making new parks, so what really do they expect to happen for them?  As I said earlier, the EU cannot force them to spend their EU and IMF loans sensibly, perhaps they should have more control but it seems many think they should have less.

The EU's beloved Euro was never suitable for the smaller economies and that's the main problem.

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The EU's beloved Euro was never suitable for the smaller economies and that's the main problem.

I would say the main problem is mismanagement, arogsnt failure to follow sound advice, but the Euro did come in too quickly, pegging would have been a better idea and allowed currencies to unpeg when necessary.

35 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Most of your post is just speculation. But you have no idea if you think people from 'problem' countries can walk straight through passport control (as they have been able to from 'problem' EU countries since free movement). Next time you're going through, stand in a queue near the international one. 

What constitues a problem country?  Jamaicans are given a three month tourist visa, many come specifically for making problems.

19 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They are hardly in debt because of grants, and I didn't mention grants because of their obvious irrelevance.

You didn't answer my question, so I'll re-phrase it: does the EU have any oversight on the money it gives to member states?

15 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What constitues a problem country?  Jamaicans are given a three month tourist visa, many come specifically for making problems.

A country which is known to have a high proportion of it's citizens come to the UK with dishonest intentions. Do you think Jamaicans receive no special attention from UK immigration officers?

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

A country which is known to have a high proportion of it's citizens come to the UK with dishonest intentions. Do you think Jamaicans receive no special attention from UK immigration officers?

As usual its the racist angle which underpins the Hard Brexiteer cause.

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

No, I suspect you're the one who doesn't understand how the EU has inadvertently formented strife on a scale not seen since before WW2.

Can someone sit me down in a quiet corner an explain that to me? It sounds like <deleted>.

5 hours ago, aright said:

Thanks for that.....on review, I agree, it was nicely put.

"I see that happening" Have you advised EU governments on how to do it because they seem to be at a loss as to what to do.

As for Rochdale and Rotherham they have 6.5% unemployment as compared to 21% in the Paris suburbs. It's a chalk and cheese comparison, or is it donkeys and carts....I'm not sure.   Next time you go to Paris can I recommend you stay at an inner suburb like Clichy-sous-Bois. When you want to leave the hotel to go for an evening meal tell us what reception say to you. When I stay in London I stay in Whitechapel........mainly immigrant Muslim. I freely walk about in the evening ...no problem.

As for AfD vs AEG what did you say about pedantry in post 382?

Anyway I forgive you but I do have an excuse.

jacob.jpg

Excellent!

5 hours ago, transam said:

Tell that to  UK pensioners that now will have to work another 3 years...

Tell that to UK  folk that KNOW about the influx of poor Europeans walking the UK streets working cash in hand, and the UK gov doesn't have the staff to combat it..

Tell UK folk the NHS must take care of folk being let into the UK that paid sod all into it and must wait, and wait, and wait....

But you will say..."Oh my shares are doing great"....Ordinary folk don't give a stuff about shares, they want the taxes they pay to take care of them, not given to the likes of Greece where tax paying is a dirty word for all...

But that's down to our crap governments! Nothing with EU

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

What has the EU got do with scrotally challenged young males from the nether regions of Earth?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

What has the EU got do with scrotally challenged young males from the nether regions of Earth?

Maybe you should broaden your reading? The open door on (im)migration has a lot of Europeans even more spooked than they were before 

Just watching this for the first time. Your hero Vince with my latest heroine Norma!

5 hours ago, Khun Han said:

They get a three minth visa exemption, so yes they do get special attention 

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

By being a bastion for world peace, equality, human rights and the environment.

There you go flying off at a tangent.  That sentiment applies to the UK and a lot of the Western world as well . No argument

I have reacted to your statement the EU is a success

Why don't you agree or disagree with my statement as to why the UK is not a success line by line and stop your obfuscation by trying to move the conversation into, for you, a greater comfort zone. 

8 hours ago, nontabury said:

On your first point I think you will find there is a correlation between employment rates and crime.

If you are going to post that type of poster you need to tell us who published it? It has no value otherwise. Was it a poster produced by a professional body or someone like the National Front.

I am unattached at the moment so can only answer for myself. There are areas of the UK and the EU which are dodgy but the British Police Authorities say No-Go Zones don't exist in the UK and I believe that anyone who sexually abuses any person male or female should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. 

Before anyone says they are better than us read this.

https://www.infowars.com/the-eu-a-powerhouse-pedophile-hierarchy/

3 hours ago, clashpie said:

Vince Cable..was he the chap that sold Royal Mail off too cheap thus costing UK Tax payers hundreds of millions of pounds (share price set too low)?

Currently trading at 394 up 20% after 3 years. 

Vince Cable..was he the chap that sold Royal Mail off too cheap thus costing UK Tax payers hundreds of millions of pounds (share price set too low)?

No that was the Tory government and the British business community selling off basically everything (public and private ) over the last 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, pegman said:

Looking worse than ever.

“The worry is that the pound could really go. If the history of the last 40 years is any guide it could fall another 20 per cent once it does.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/uk-writedown

Good that you mentioned the word COULD,  maybe it's part Of project fear that the Remoaners are useing.

Edited by nontabury

Good that you mentioned the word COULD,  maybe it's part of the scare stories that the Remoaners are useing.

Did you believe the scare story before the Brexit vote that the pound would drop 20%?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk