SURVEY: Brexit -- Good or Bad Idea?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit -- a Good or Bad Idea?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-personal-debt-families-households-england-government-a8006616.html

Vince is correct

I think he's really good.....

(that chain around May's neck - not a great look. Is it a very big chain or a very small head?)

Vince Cable is a total nonentity, he is anti brexit (anti democratic.) Why you keep bringing his name up is a mystery, he will never be in power. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Cable is a total nonentity, he is anti brexit (anti democratic.) Why you keep bringing his name up is a mystery, he will never be in power. 

He was bluntly told this specific point by a member of the recent BBC Question Time audience, fair play to Vince he took it well & accepted this fact.

Pity others don’t follow his example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, aright said:

There you go flying off at a tangent.  That sentiment applies to the UK and a lot of the Western world as well . No argument

I have reacted to your statement the EU is a success

Why don't you agree or disagree with my statement as to why the UK is not a success line by line and stop your obfuscation by trying to move the conversation into, for you, a greater comfort zone. 

No, it really doesn't, the UK government ignores the growing inequality, they have no interest in reversing the trend, they are also quite clearly not as fond of human rights, they wanted out of the court of human rights long ago, we also cannot claim to be a bastion of world peace as a recent invader of nations, perhaps the environment is a valid claim, but again no where near the levels of the EU who are the clear world leader in that respect.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Vince Cable was of course a Secretary of State in the Tory/Lib-Dem Coalition of not so long ago. No doubt before the most recent election the DUP MPs were written off as nonentities as well.

No, it really doesn't, the UK government ignores the growing inequality, they have no interest in reversing the trend, they are also quite clearly not as fond of human rights, they wanted out of the court of human rights long ago, we also cannot claim to be a bastion of world peace as a recent invader of nations, perhaps the environment is a valid claim, but again no where near the levels of the EU who are the clear world leader in that respect.

That’s one of most strangest and bizarre Europhile comments I’ve read on this forum to date.

Ignoring equality? So political pressure on the BBC to publish male/female pay grades must be just one example, along with informing the business (CBI focused) to follow suit.

25 minutes ago, citybiker said:

He was bluntly told this specific point by a member of the recent BBC Question Time audience, fair play to Vince he took it well & accepted this fact.

Pity others don’t follow his example.

Being told something by a member of the BBC QT audience is clearly the final word on anything and everything.

Edited by SheungWan

Being told something by a member of the BBC QT audience is clearly the final word on anything and everything.

It was simply a tangible example, as I once previously replied to@Grouse reference Vince, I like Mr Cable I just don’t like his political preference.

12 hours ago, pegman said:

Looking worse than ever.

“The worry is that the pound could really go. If the history of the last 40 years is any guide it could fall another 20 per cent once it does.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/uk-writedown

The markets are still discounting that a deal will be reached between the UK and the EU. However, expats may wish to use the current price of sterling to do some hedging (assuming they can) in response to their perceived risk of Brexit outcome.

23 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Vince Cable was of course a Secretary of State in the Tory/Lib-Dem Coalition of not so long ago. No doubt before the most recent election the DUP MPs were written off as nonentities as well.

Nobody appears to be bringing up the name of Arlene Foster as our saviour. Cable has as much charisma as Joseph Stalin.

28 minutes ago, citybiker said:

That’s one of most strangest and bizarre Europhile comments I’ve read on this forum to date.

Ignoring equality? So political pressure on the BBC to publish male/female pay grades must be just one example, along with informing the business (CBI focused) to follow suit.

YOU may not have noticed but our country is becoming increasingly F***** up. Broken society, inequality, general discord to give just 3 examples. I do not trust the nasty party to take care generally and nor do I trust the incompetent, financially incontinent trots to sort this out.

Witness the universal credit farago! Look at the unsustainable consumer debt problems!

Meanwhile the myopic "Leave means Leave" bastards are slavering with blood lust excitement.

Thank goodness for our European friends

Edited by Grouse

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

YOU may not have noticed but our country is becoming increasingly F***** up. Broken society, inequality, general discord to give just 3 examples. I do not trust the nasty party to take care generally and nor do I trust the incompetent, financial incontinent trots to sort this out.

Witness the universal credit farago! Look at the unsustainable consumer debt problems!

Meanwhile the myopic "Leave means Leave" bastards are slavering with blood lust excitement.

Perhaps the hassle you quote is because we are still a member of the EU and been involved with their crap for decades....:stoner:

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Nobody appears to be bringing up the name of Arlene Foster as our saviour. Cable has as much charisma as Joseph Stalin.

That's a little harsh

Vince is a true parliamentarian. I think he shows great humanity. The man is highly educated and knowledgeable. Have you read ANY of his numerous books?

You despise him for his anti Brexit stance. Fine.

In my opinion, Vince Cable is correct about many other issues also.

43 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Some types of inequality they are very good at addressing, I did write it again in full but I had been referring specifically to wealth inequality, something our government seems to want to grow.

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

YOU may not have noticed but our country is becoming increasingly F***** up. Broken society, inequality, general discord to give just 3 examples. I do not trust the nasty party to take care generally and nor do I trust the incompetent, financially incontinent trots to sort this out.

Is this one of your European friends? I strongly believe that without this man Britain may still have stayed in the EU. But nobody from the remain side seems to ever point the finger at the main culprit.

images (37).jpg

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You KNOW that's untrue even if it hurts you to admit it ?

Why would I think it untrue.....Many EU countries are very different to many others...TOTALLY different in many respects....Ask S.O.E the hassle they had with some now members to stop killing each other and concentrate on their German invaders....They gave up.... 

18 hours ago, SheungWan said:
19 hours ago, Khun Han said:

A country which is known to have a high proportion of it's citizens come to the UK with dishonest intentions. Do you think Jamaicans receive no special attention from UK immigration officers?

As usual its the racist angle which underpins the Hard Brexiteer cause.

You quoted the wrong post. I was merely replying to a (borderline) racist post by your fellow remainer Kieran00001:

19 hours ago, Khun Han said:
19 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

What constitues a problem country?  Jamaicans are given a three month tourist visa, many come specifically for making problems.

Oh, I forgot. You were just taking a cheap shot (as usual) against a perceived debating enemy.

22 hours ago, Khun Han said:

You didn't answer my question, so I'll re-phrase it: does the EU have any oversight on the money it gives to member states?

Responsibility lies with the nation to audit and oversee, the EU removes future funding if they feel that it has been misspent or there's corruption but the management of the majority of funds lies with national and regional government, so it is their responsibility, most of the countries we were talking about blew their loans.

22 hours ago, Khun Han said:

You didn't answer my question, so I'll re-phrase it: does the EU have any oversight on the money it gives to member states?

Responsibility lies with the nation to audit and oversee, the EU removes future funding if they feel that it has been misspent or there's corruption but the management of the majority of funds lies with national and regional government, so it is their responsibility, most of the countries we were talking about blew their loans.

I’m fully aware that the current Government is repairing the mess which they inherited, I distrust Labour even further than any other party to address the real serious unpopular decisions that’s required.

Nobody likes change, but an unfit for purpose system requires addressing.

Consumer debt problem is also self fiscal management responsibility too.

As for European friends, the same very friends that are attempting to punish the U.K. for leaving.

Who needs enemies with friends like that.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:09 AM, shanesox said:

Not a mistake ! It was a positive decision and the tactics are historical from the EU monster when member states express a desire to disagree, with its bullying .Now it’s only some weak Europhile British MPs who want to prevent the decision made by the electorate! Comparisons of the EU to some Soviet Union reincarnation are appropriate!

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:09 AM, shanesox said:

You sure  your  not just   quoting from some old East Bloc  cadres manual there Shane ?

13 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I’m fully aware that the current Government is repairing the mess which they inherited, I distrust Labour even further than any other party to address the real serious unpopular decisions that’s required.

Nobody likes change, but an unfit for purpose system requires addressing.

Consumer debt problem is also self fiscal management responsibility too.

As for European friends, the same very friends that are attempting to punish the U.K. for leaving.

Who needs enemies with friends like that.

You should get a prize!

Wrong on all three counts!

Amazed that an intelligent chap like you should fall for that!

(consumer debt is now being addressed as responsible debt. People can not afford the roof over their head.)

The EU do not wish to punish us. There is no evidence of that. They don't want us to leave and they can see the idiocy of it.

Finally, how much austerity for how long is required to pay the bankers for the mess.

Get rid of the bike, get a car, listen to Radio 4 ?

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Thankyou. Do you know if individual projects require specific EU approval?

You should get a prize!

Wrong on all three counts!

Amazed that an intelligent chap like you should fall for that!

(consumer debt is now being addressed as responsible debt. People can not afford the roof over their head.)

The EU do not wish to punish us. There is no evidence of that. They don't want us to leave and they can see the idiocy of it.

Finally, how much austerity for how long is required to pay the bankers for the mess.

Get rid of the bike, get a car, listen to Radio 4 [emoji846]

A fellow R4 listener [emoji106] interesting we do agree on something.

I fell for nothing, just a pragmatist.

The EU, ultimately want money & overall authority, and low & behold any country wishing to challenge & leave. The evidence to date is proposals consistently being rebuffed as it doesn’t fit the EU’s self agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total shambles.

Disaster activating article 50 with no prior consensus.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-bill-delay-eu-withdrawal-government-talks-stall-theresa-may-david-davis-jeremy-corbyn-tory-a8008686.html

The EU is not trying to punish the UK.

They are just standing up for their own interests.

There's a difference.

To frame it is the EU punishing the UK is frankly bizarre when it's the UK government that has been flailing around without clear positions themselves (see above) and cabinet ministers attacking each other in the press.

No consensus in what type of Brexit the UK wants is the real problem.

Just <deleted> do the British want?

Can't blame the EU on that one!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk