Bangkok hit by heaviest rainfall in 25 years: BMA

rooster59

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

How the rest of Thailand? I've got to go to Savannakhet today from pattaya.and back on Tuesday any flooding along the way?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Still beautiful in N Isan, but I guess you'll be taking the more southerly route option, via Ubon Ratch. Not sure what it's like down there, 200km S of here.

1 hour ago, PAIBKK said:

Tunnels at Rama IX and Makkasan ???

I know some klongs, but water-draining tunnels. I've never seen any tunnels at Rama IX and in Makkasan !!! Or do they mean sewer pipes ???
Can someone tell me where I can find these tunnels ???

Underground, I think.

Talking of Bkk when the "sponge" is full of water it's got no-where to go below ground level

the only chance is via rivers klongs etc and we all know how they're maintained or managed!

Expect floods at some point every year...

Still beautiful in N Isan, but I guess you'll be taking the more southerly route option, via Ubon Ratch. Not sure what it's like down there, 200km S of here.
I know I go through Buriram and Roiet that's all I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

BEWARE there will be a lot of vehicles up for sale in the Bangkok area with owners claiming “ free from any water damage “ . Instead of spending billions on old submarines from China they need to be sorting out the flood issue in BKK otherwise in 50+ years the City will be underwater :(

Maybe their looking to the future and buying the subs for use in downtown Bangkok...lol

51 minutes ago, johnarth said:

can't help myself, could it be the gas power station that is causing all this rain?

How about we light up the gas and the heat will dry everything up? Therefore the gas power station can be really good for the environment if an alternative use can be found? :whistling: :smile:

38 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

Maybe their looking to the future and buying the subs for use in downtown Bangkok...lol

SubkumVit . . . we're OK, now.

Oooops . . . spoke too soon . . . it's taking the escalator to the Skytrain. Who'd a' thought it?

We live in Petchabun and the Pasak river is high and rising. Whole lot of water coming Bangkoks way. And that's just one river and it's still raining heavily with more to come. If you live in Bangkok , get ready to jack up your cars next week.

9 hours ago, crazykopite said:

BEWARE there will be a lot of vehicles up for sale in the Bangkok area with owners claiming “ free from any water damage “ . Instead of spending billions on old submarines from China they need to be sorting out the flood issue in BKK otherwise in 50+ years the City will be underwater :(

Don't name any names, it is defamation, even if true, and can even effect the forum!

9 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Well maybe they are being forward thinking and the new form of transport for Bangkok will be second hand submarines from China.  Thank goodness there is no such thing as global warming eh!

12 hours ago, Denim said:

With Bangkok slowly sinking and no visible improvement in water management it won't be long before buying property in flood prone areas will start looking like a risky investment.

'Start'?  It already does.

I was scheduled to be in my home in Pattaya, Bang Lamung on the high side of Potisan Soi 5 for the first time in many years. After living in Thailand I only got to enjoy the rainy season a few times and was looking forward to it. As life goes my Filippina wife convinced me to come to my home in Mindanao and guaranteed me a similar rainy season. We have seen NOTHING of rain. Still cooking away at 33 C with the odd shower. Maybe next year.