Chinese tourist dies during island day trip off Phuket

webfact

Chinese tourist dies during island day trip off Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1508125136_1-org.jpg

Chinese tourist He Sixiang from landlocked Guizhou Province, just 26 years old, was pronounced dead from drowning after his body was found floating face down during a snorkelling day-trip tour Racha Noi Island south of Phuket. Photo: Phuket Tourist Police

PHUKET: A 26-year-old Chinese tourist has died after being pulled from the water unconscious at Racha Noi Island, south of Phuket, yesterday (Oct 15).

Lt Sakkarin Sangjaroen of the Chalong Police and Phuket Tourist Police were notified of the incident at 3:40pm.

Tour operators at Racha Noi transported the body of the man, later identified as He Sixiang, 26, from landlocked Guizhou Province, to Chalong Pier and then taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-dies-during-island-day-trip-off-phuket-64321.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-16

has anybody worked out how many tourists die or are seriously injured in or around Phuket on a monthly basis, seems to be a common occurrence and we only talking about those that are reported

RIP

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

If you can't swim why do they let them in the water?  Oh wait...$$$

They could of course ask everyone to do a swim test before being allowed to book a snorkel trip.

Asking people if they can swim and to sign waivers is/should be common practice. 

I’m curious as to how many would admit that they couldn’t swim though. People tend to take a lot of chances when on holiday in my experience 

Edited by MadMuhammad

17 hours ago, saminoz said:

Headline should say YET ANOTHER Chinese tourist dies during island day trip off Phuket

New TAT slogan for the Chinese market - "See Phuket and die!" 

(“Vedi Napoli e poi muori! — See Naples and die!”)

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Asking people if they can swim and to sign waivers is/should be common practice. 

I’m curious as to how many would admit that they couldn’t swim though. People tend to take a lot of chances when on holiday in my experience 

Damn right!  Just look how many people risk holidaying in Thailand!