Police arrest 13 Nigerian illegal immigrants in Bangkok

webfact

Police arrest 13 Nigerian illegal immigrants in Bangkok

By The Nation

92a7582dae0a485bb74939075f1c7968.jpg

Immigration police on Wednesday searched a Bangkok condominium and rounded up 13 Nigerians for illegal entry into the Kingdom and overstaying their visa, as well as engaging in a romance scam.

Pol Lt-General Sutthipong Wongpin, the acting Immigration Bureau commissioner, led officers who searched six buildings of a condominium complex on Romklao road in Klong Sam Prawet subdistrict of Lat Krabang district at 10am and made the arrests.

Sutthipong said police searched the condominium after two Nigerians were arrested last week on charges of conducting a romance scam in Thailand. Information provided by the two men prompted police to conduct the search.

The immigration officers found 19 Nigerians living at the condominium. Six of them were found to have unlawfully entered the country and five of them had overstayed their visas.

d03957417ca8faf50ce536db58d15ea1.jpg

Sutthipong said two other Nigerians were suspected of being involved in the romance scam.

Police also seized 15 passbooks, seven notebooks, 12 phones, one tablet and nine passports from the suspects.

Sutthipong said the two romance-scam suspects also had Facebook accounts in other names and used Western men’s photographs as their profile pictures.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329589

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-18

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, BangkokNicky said:

Back to Soi NANA please .. still loads hanging around there .. people come for asian woman not blac.k <deleted>

I'm happier seeing and hearing them than manky embarrasing sex tourists to be honest.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Perhaps put Lagos on your places to visit.

Logic ain't your strong point is it :D I said 'happier' not 'happy'.

Though Lagos surely can't be as dreadful as Pattaya, I'll stick to visiting neither.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

1 hour ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Though Lagos surely can't be as dreadful as Pattaya, I'll stick to visiting neither.

and I said "perhaps", and if you think Lagos can't be as dreadful as Pattaya, I'd say your education is sadly lacking.

Edited by giddyup

1 hour ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Lagos can’t be as dreadful as Pattaya and you are arguing about logic skills. Please keep us all laughing. LMAO. 

22 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Lagos can’t be as dreadful as Pattaya and you are arguing about logic skills. Please keep us all laughing. LMAO. 

It's awesome, I'm sure, if you're a sex tourist. But personally, I thought it utterly dreadful, primarily due to Chang vest sporting fat pervert westerners.

I realise I'm probably in a minority on ThaiVisa. Each to their own. However I genuinely find a few black guys peddling drugs less distasteful than reams of leering overweight perverts roaming the streets.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

2 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

It's awesome, I'm sure, if you're a sex tourist. But personally, I thought it utterly dreadful, due to Chang vest sporting fat prevent westerners.

I thought you said you'd visited neither. You are a tad confused on many fronts I fear.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I thought you said you'd visited neither. You are a tad confused on many fronts I fear.

More logic issues.

"I'll stick to visiting neither" does not equate to "I've never visited either".

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Just now, rwdrwdrwd said:

More logic issues.

"I'll stick to visiting neither" does not equate to "I've never visited either".

But you have visited, Pattaya at least, so it's too late to be saying "I'll stick to visiting neither". You better practice some logic before you start preaching it.

No, if someone "sticks" to something, it relates to their present outlook.  Logically I could have visited in the past, made a decision not to return, and then opted to stick to that decision for the future. Which in the case of Pattaya is definitely the case.

Saying "I'll stick to beer" doesn't mean I've never drank wine.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

1 minute ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

No, if someone "sticks" to something, it relates to their present position.  I could have visited in the past, made a decision not to return, and then opted to stick to that decision for the future. Which in the case of Pattaya is definitely the case.

I think you owe yourself a trip to Lagos, so you can also use the same argument.

Just now, rwdrwdrwd said:

I'm OK thanks, recommend you investigate logos though.

I'm OK thanks, recommend you investigate logos though.

You can hardly make a comparison between Pattaya and Lagos without visiting both, at least once, otherwise it's just an uninformed opinion, but I guess you have plenty of those.

Am I obliged to make a balanced comparison based upon prior visit experience of every place on earth before deciding whether I would like to visit them in the future? It seems excessive.

It would help when you're passing judgement on Pattaya, but without knowing FA about the other city you'd prefer, ie Lagos.   So yes, visiting both places in this instance should be a requirement.  Bon voyage.

Just out of curiosity, it would be interesting to see how many Nigerians actually are documented as having left the Kingdom.  No doubt there are some legitimate Nigerian Tourists, perhaps even a few businessmen that traveled here for a look see.  But I would love to see the Immigration database queried to select all incoming Nigerians, and what their visa and length of stay is supposed to be, relative to the current date

What I can't understand is how masses of Nigerians ( or Africans ) can openly work, and go about their business in Bangkok without any hassle from the police ? There's even black  girls on the streets, and yes, quite a few Russian ladies too. Isn't it obvious to the immigration police that they are not " tourists" ? And is it so easy for them to get SETV visas, where others , for example in France, have to produce return air tickets, bank statements etc ! ? And no, Im not naive ! 

5 hours ago, geisha said:

What I can't understand is how masses of Nigerians ( or Africans ) can openly work, and go about their business in Bangkok without any hassle from the police ? There's even black  girls on the streets, and yes, quite a few Russian ladies too. Isn't it obvious to the immigration police that they are not " tourists" ? And is it so easy for them to get SETV visas, where others , for example in France, have to produce return air tickets, bank statements etc ! ? And no, Im not naive ! 

They stick out like a saw thumb in lower Sukhumvit, the multiplying gangs of male and female African pimps, drug dealers and prostitutes working on tourist visas. Everyone knows what they are doing and it’s impossible that the authorities don’t know. But the main approach of Lumpini police is to do an occasional round up and get a few individuals on visa overstay. The likely answer is senior Thai officials in the Lumphini area benefit from ‘running’ these gangs and shaking them down from time to time. 

9 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

You're the logical one here??? Happier means more happy. Maybe you should have said you are less unhappy with the Nigerians. 

10 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

It's awesome, I'm sure, if you're a sex tourist. But personally, I thought it utterly dreadful, primarily due to Chang vest sporting fat pervert westerners.

I realise I'm probably in a minority on ThaiVisa. Each to their own. However I genuinely find a few black guys peddling drugs less distasteful than reams of leering overweight perverts roaming the streets.

Do you have any relatives from Lagos by any chance 

11 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

A minority of one.