Taking the bullet train to Pattaya - picture shows the shape of things to come!

webfact

33 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Ready this year?

The construction budget is about 200,000 million baht (200 Billion Baht*) and will be completed in 2023. *(Note an English or European Billion is now the same as an American Billion.) The budget refers to the civils and the project will be PPP. Either Singha or Beer Chang are likely to take part in the investment in the E & M, tracks, rolling stock and operation.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

NINE stations in what, 150 kilometers? Hardly enough time to speed up before it has to slow down again.

correct,an ICE -S needs 8.8 km to brake from over 300km/h to 0km/h and it needs 6minutes to reach 300km/h,if 9 stations on a 190km distance  then no need a bullet train unless it runs only halfspeed,but then you don't need a bullet train,thais won't listen to smart input because they are experts with everything.

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Love the phallic vibe....yes I am taking this train if it arrives.

Do you think you'll be able to afford it?

There is only enough traffic to justify a single train each day from Bkk to Sattahip, so in the Thai way, they'd put the price UP to ridiculous levels. Does anyone think they'll make it cheaper than the bus ( 110 bht ) to attract customers? Even at the same price as a taxi ( 1,000 bht ) passengers would still have to pay more to get to their hotels.

There is only one way this train would succeed, and that is if it connects to Snooky. That would be minting it as if they keep the crackdown frenzy going, most people will be going elsewhere than Pattaya.

However, having been in LOS long enough to know what goes on, if it goes ahead it's for the same reason that they built Swampy.

10 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

correct,an ICE -S needs 8.8 km to brake from over 300km/h to 0km/h and it needs 6minutes to reach 300km/h,if 9 stations on a 190km distance  then no need a bullet train unless it runs only halfspeed,but then you don't need a bullet train,thais won't listen to smart input because they are experts with everything.

LOL. If this project goes ahead, it's nothing to do with providing an actual train service, IMO.

The remains of the Hopewell project still exist in Bkk if anyone needs a hint of why it is proposed.

Just came back from Malaysia. I was impressed by the infrastructure of Malaysia and especially the railway system in and around Kuala Lumpur. They are like 30 years ahead of Thailand in that respect. Bus routes in and out of Kuala Lumpur was also super, comfy and cheap. Guess which train is the Thai one in this picture from Padang Besar....

p1.jpg

5 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Just came back from Malaysia. I was impressed by the infrastructure of Malaysia and especially the railway system in and around Kuala Lumpur. They are like 30 years ahead of Thailand in that respect. Bus routes in and out of Kuala Lumpur was also super, comfy and cheap. Guess which train is the Thai one in this picture from Padang Besar....

p1.jpg

Brand new railway and stations couple of years ago. very impressive. However, I put Malaya's better infrastructure down to their colonial occupation by Britain. That time showed them how things infrastructurewise should be done.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Brand new railway and stations couple of years ago. very impressive. However, I put Malaya's better infrastructure down to their colonial occupation by Britain. That time showed them how things infrastructurewise should be done.

I somewhat agree with you, You can see the western influence on the "orderliness" of the place.....

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

True 7 stations in 180km approximately 25 km apart catapult and net time. So many issues that this cannot happen. One is obviously speeding up and slowing down in such a short distance. Then there curve radius of 7km mimimum and a rate change of 1-5000 making a transition into the curve of 150mm cant 7.5km either side of the curve so full curve length 15km long. One of the several issues with the bull shit BKK Pattaya "High Speed"

you forgot to add that every railway crossing will be a chance to crash into a motorcycle or car that doesn't know it is coming due to faulty rail crossing equipment or lack thereof.  

19 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

you forgot to add that every railway crossing will be a chance to crash into a motorcycle or car that doesn't know it is coming due to faulty rail crossing equipment or lack thereof.  

I won't have level crossings, mate, bridges and tunnels

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

watch this clip on bullet train maintenance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_Ff9q1o6M

Wow this is really impressive, been a Technician myself, made me think !?!? ....Hmm...maintenance and integrity are not so much Thai Quality's ?!?!

9 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Usual negative comments from the same same contributors. 

Although some comments may appear to be negative, some are being realistic.

In reality, what would the point of building a HST rail link between BKK airport and Pattaya, even with no stops, the distance is far too short for this to be of any advantage.

As pointed out by a poster already, if the Government wishes to spend money on an infrastructure project such as this, then the money would be far more wisely spent on a normal railway, as opposed to high speed.

Given the short distance, the difference in journey time would be a matter of minutes, the difference in the cost and usability is huge.

You have to also factor in how many people would actually travel on this if it is intended as they suggest, so, with let's say an hourly service between 06.00hrs to Midnight, that really is one heck of lot of seats to fill on a daily basis, even if it is connected to Metropolitan Bangkok and beyond.

The airport link no longer has the express service due to the lack of maintenance on the locomotives, I shudder to think of the implications with a HST system after a couple of years in service.

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Judging on how long it took to build a stupid tunnel instead of a flyover, I can safely prophesy that at the age of 75, I will never ride on it.

I think even if you were 25 you still wouldn't ride it, but is is a nice picture. They certainly do come up with some ridiculous dreams, don't know what drugs they are on!.

29 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I live about 10km past Rayong... I'll expect to see one of the bullets sliding past in the dirt at some point after the "brakes failed"....

You can use a Trap or catch switch (On the right) Derails a train so it does not collide with oncoming traffic, used for depots and siding max speed 10mph. You could covert it HIgh speed and set the trap aiming at the sea then if high speed train derails it will land in the sea and not your living room

Trap.jpg

12 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Usual negative comments from the same same contributors. 

Is nothing ever praiseworthy in your adopted country?

Please go get some attitude adjustments. Badly needed by many on here. 

Are they neg' comments or are they pointing out the naivety of yet another proposal for another grand engineering scheme .. Two posts above your's highlight some of the issues that come with H S T but as is always the case here the reality of the proposal is obscured by the shiny sugary press release as in this announcement .. 

Archived