Taking the bullet train to Pattaya - picture shows the shape of things to come!

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Isn't that the Spanish train crash where the driver was doing twice the speed he should have been doing?.

Is this the supposed Hua Hin to Rayong line which was supposed to have already started construction?. 

24 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Although some comments may appear to be negative, some are being realistic.

In reality, what would the point of building a HST rail link between BKK airport and Pattaya, even with no stops, the distance is far too short for this to be of any advantage.

As pointed out by a poster already, if the Government wishes to spend money on an infrastructure project such as this, then the money would be far more wisely spent on a normal railway, as opposed to high speed.

Given the short distance, the difference in journey time would be a matter of minutes, the difference in the cost and usability is huge.

You have to also factor in how many people would actually travel on this if it is intended as they suggest, so, with let's say an hourly service between 06.00hrs to Midnight, that really is one heck of lot of seats to fill on a daily basis, even if it is connected to Metropolitan Bangkok and beyond.

The airport link no longer has the express service due to the lack of maintenance on the locomotives, I shudder to think of the implications with a HST system after a couple of years in service.

A narrow gauge double track can travel at 180kph .A through (direct) train could from Bkk up Rayong in 1 hour. Local  trains stopping station can use a "Loop" Fig 1,so through trains can pass

loop.jpg

It'll go the way of the Pattaya monorail. Much trumpetting and posturing with artists impressions. Only to dissapear into the ether.

The artists doubtless went back to creating images and sales models of glitzy condos ( never to be built, but deposits to be garnered)

The monorail - I think the Simpsons ran with it (art imitating life as it were).

Progress and Thaigeezers just doesn't equate, does it! Do nothing- moan, moan, moan-. Do something- moan, moan, moan. The motorway to Ranong is motoring along but lets not talk about progress, eh? The key words in the report are 'artist's impression'.:stoner:

Connecting it to the airport is a good idea, but I don't think this is going to work.

Does anyone in Thailand do a research in ridership before taking up a mega project like this?

Because I certainly won't be arsed taking a train instead of a bus that takes me directly to Pattaya center for next to nothing.

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

NINE stations in what, 150 kilometers? Hardly enough time to speed up before it has to slow down again.

I make it 7 (not counting it's starting point, would be more strange if it didn't have one).

7 hours ago, wgdanson said:

NINE stations in what, 150 kilometers? Hardly enough time to speed up before it has to slow down again.

Spot on far too many stops will never get to full speed,  Just shows the people who are in charge do not have a clue about high speed rail travel.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A train crash in Spain because the driver was on his phone and didn't slow down for the curve. What has this to do with the proposed Thai rail link?

Actually, the ATP (Advanced Train Protection) should have stopped the train going so fast to prevent lunatics like the driver killing people. Without going into details all the ATPs have been replaced now

9 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

200.000 million barts is quoted .! Do they mean 2 billion which in itself is not a huge money for projects of this scale .. Only t'other day some S P C G talking head was coo'ing that controversial fossil fuel powerstations will no longer be needed .. where is the big electricity coming from to power these things .. Most European systems operate around 25kv which is not pratically attainable with green energy .. 

Never heard of a transformer?

Archived