Khon Kaen teen violence as 17 year old shot dead on girlfriend's video

rooster59

Khon Kaen teen violence as 17 year old shot dead on girlfriend's video

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GP7KatbnspTZJTzLVe.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A bride to be filmed her teen fiancee's death as two groups of young people attempted to sort out a previous disagreement.

The two groups of friends from the same Nong Song Hong area had arranged to meet after a fight earlier.

Miss Phikun, 19, was filming the meeting between the young men on her phone.

After a long discussion a 17 year old boy named only as "Leng" stepped forward with a .38 "pen" gun and without a word shot "A", his 17 year old friend.

He died instantly from a bullet wound to the chest.

A chase ensued in which the shooter's motorcycle was smashed up but he managed to get away.

Efforts to save "A" proved futile and he was pronounced dead at hospital.

Phikun and A were due to get married in February of next year.

Later the father of the shooter took him to the police - that is the the young man in the motorcycle helmet at the station.

He was charged with murder and possession of a gun in a public place.

He said he was angry that his friend had hit him on the arm with an exhaust pipe.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-21

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The two groups of friends ........

.......and without a word shot "A", his 17 year old friend.

......he was angry that his friend had hit him on the arm with an exhaust pipe.

With Friends like that, who needs enemies?

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

They can hang him with his helmet on as far as I am concerned, spoilt little preeeek

An understandable sentiment to a degree, one with which I would certainly concur were he a little older, but at just 17?

Yes, I am familiar with that old adage about being old enough to "do the crime", but is it right to end two lives at such a young age? I can't help wondering what chance of the shooter going on to redeem himself and make a decent life for himself if and when he'd be released from jail. I certainly don't have the answer to that.

Another question would be whether vengence would make the victim's family feel any better? I doubt it, really.

:sad:

7 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

An understandable sentiment to a degree, one with which I would certainly concur were he a little older, but at just 17?

Yes, I am familiar with that old adage about being old enough to "do the crime", but is it right to end two lives at such a young age? I can't help wondering what chance of the shooter going on to redeem himself and make a decent life for himself if and when he'd be released from jail. I certainly don't have the answer to that.

Another question would be whether vengence would make the victim's family feel any better? I doubt it, really.

I tend to agree on your vengeance comment, and do feel for minor crimes not involving serious injury the Thai way of 'Compensation' serves for a more agreeable result.

The complication being, where is the line drawn between agreed compensation for a lesser transgression, and buying your way out of a major pre planned and executed act such as murder?

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I tend to agree on your vengeance comment, and do feel for minor crimes not involving serious injury the Thai way of 'Compensation' serves for a more agreeable result.

The complication being, where is the line drawn between agreed compensation for a lesser transgression, and buying your way out of a major pre planned and executed act such as murder?

After growing up with and living for over fifty years with the English legal system, with all of its merits and flaws, I find it difficult to "get" that it's possiblr to stay out of jail with a wai and/or some blood money, especially for a crime such as murder.

11 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

After growing up with and living for over fifty years with the English legal system, with all of its merits and flaws, I find it difficult to "get" that it's possiblr to stay out of jail with a wai and/or some blood money, especially for a crime such as murder.

I find it strange people cannot see that the rather dismissive 'Yeah I get that' is not an adequate replacement for 'fully understand' 

Might I suggest rather than "get" the word 'accept' or similar would be more suitable

Sorry just pet hate of mine one of the few :sad:

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I find it strange people cannot see that the rather dismissive 'Yeah I get that' is not an adequate replacement for 'fully understand' 

Might I suggest rather than "get" the word 'accept' or similar would be more suitable

I don't believe it's up to me to accept it or not, let's say that I struggle to come to terms with that idea where serious, violent crime is involved. I won't lose sleep over it though.

2 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I don't believe it's up to me to accept it or not, let's say that I struggle to come to terms with that idea where serious, violent crime is involved. I won't lose sleep over it though.

All wrapped up in the 'reincarnation' thought process I guess. I tend not to dwell too long either.

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

If he shot my son at that age, I wouldn't think twice about taking him out.

I have been raised on many principals in life, two that are instilled in my brain are:

An eye for an eye

and

Two wrongs don't make it right

At the end of the day, you have to choose which one you can live with, and in a situation like this, I would choose the 1st principal, and then I would say, shrugging my shoulders, yep, two wrongs don't make a right, but justice is served, and I would feel a hell of a lot better.

If your asking, do I pass these teachings down to my kids, yep, someone hits, you, don;t turn your cheek, hit them twice as hard, if they are bigger, go the nuts or the nose, and if they don't fall, run !!!

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have been raised on many principals in life, two that are instilled in my brain are:

An eye for an eye

and

At the end of the day, you have to choose which one you can live with, and in a situation like this, I would choose the 1st principal, and then I would say, shrugging my shoulders, yep, two wrongs don't make a right, but justice is served, and I would feel a hell of a lot better.

If your asking, do I pass these teachings down to my kids, yep, someone hits, you, don;t turn your cheek, hit them twice as hard, if they are bigger, go the nuts or the nose, and if they don't fall, run !!!

Firstly (and admittedly belatedly on my part), RIP to the kid who died.

Moving on to the points you raise, I'm sure that a great many would have similar thoughts, I hope none of us are ever put in a position where we get to put it to the test. 

The reality is, however, that it is extremely rare, in our "home" countries, for the families of murder victims to exact revenge, perhaps surprisingly so. I can't recall a case where that has actually happened in the UK, for example.

5 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Firstly (and admittedly belatedly on my part), RIP to the kid who died.

Moving on to the points you raise, I'm sure that a great many would have similar thoughts, I hope none of us are ever put in a position where we get to put it to the test. 

The reality is, however, that it is extremely rare, in our "home" countries, for the families of murder victims to exact revenge, perhaps surprisingly so. I can't recall a case where that has actually happened in the UK, for example.

Admittedly I live here, however, wherever it was, I would have my best go, and as you say, hopefully we are never placed in that situation.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

An eye for an eye

and

If he did that to my son or daughter i think i would be hungering for the "eye for an eye" scenario too. But then you put the other set of parents into the same situation you are in, which becomes a pretty much no win situation for anyone. Let the justice system deal with him.

15 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

If he did that to my son or daughter i think i would be hungering for the "eye for an eye" scenario too. But then you put the other set of parents into the same situation you are in, which becomes a pretty much no win situation for anyone. Let the justice system deal with him.

I hear what your saying, however, this wasn't an accident, it was cold blooded murder, i.e. with intent, therefore the principal of an eye for an eye has to be applied, i.e. when someone attacks you, they are attacking your family and justice must be taken into your own hands, that allow someone else to hand down a ridiculous sentence, which could be life in prison, best be the death penalty, again, back to an eye for an eye.

I am curious if TV, movie, or video games have desensitized youth as to what destruction can be inflicted by human beings? How many acts of violence can a child see on TV daily without learning the reality of it?

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hear what your saying, however, this wasn't an accident, it was cold blooded murder, i.e. with intent, therefore the principal of an eye for an eye has to be applied, i.e. when someone attacks you, they are attacking your family and justice must be taken into your own hands, that allow someone else to hand down a ridiculous sentence, which could be life in prison, best be the death penalty, again, back to an eye for an eye.

In reading the OP I saw nothing to indicate pre-meditation or malice aforethought. But perhaps I am merely assuming the lad carried the pen gun all the time. I was thinking more along the lines of manslaughter. 

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Each to their own, But if you take your revenge then the original perpetrator just scores another victim and ruins another life. Hence your family's life and structure is destroyed by a scumbag. Justice isn't perfect but it is there to limit the damage the scum do to family's. 

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

An eye for an eye

and

What you are advocating is the "vendetta" Legal-System. Still practiced in places like Albania.
Applying "an eye for an eye" is not recommended for Farangs living in Thailand.
A Farang does not get away with a Wai and paying a 50K Baht fine for committing a major crime against a Thai-National.

After having administered "personal-justice" you are not likely to "feel a hell of a lot better" for long.
The good feeling will evaporate quickly, once you take residence in a Thai-Prison (a 25 year commitement, easily).

- Something like this, can easily screw-up a Farangs "retirement-plans".

To raise kids IN THAILAND, recommending "an eye for an eye" to resolve disputes almost guarantees thet the kids will eventually end up in "trouble". Especially in Thailand.

- The time when Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday resolved their dispute with the Younger brothers at the OK Corrall are long gone.

Folks, missing those "good old days" should be taking residence in a major city in the US (the bad side of town, preferrably in some Housing Project). Or Albania. In both places, where the "eye for an eye" legal system is alive and well.

No, I am not a "bleeding heart" liberal, but I live in the year 2017.
Cheers.

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

An eye for an eye

and

Quite right 100% agreed. 

Stuff this little sh*t.

6 hours ago, swissie said:

What you are advocating is the "vendetta" Legal-System. Still practiced in places like Albania.
Applying "an eye for an eye" is not recommended for Farangs living in Thailand.
A Farang does not get away with a Wai and paying a 50K Baht fine for committing a major crime against a Thai-National.

After having administered "personal-justice" you are not likely to "feel a hell of a lot better" for long.
The good feeling will evaporate quickly, once you take residence in a Thai-Prison (a 25 year commitement, easily).

- Something like this, can easily screw-up a Farangs "retirement-plans".

To raise kids IN THAILAND, recommending "an eye for an eye" to resolve disputes almost guarantees thet the kids will eventually end up in "trouble". Especially in Thailand.

- The time when Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday resolved their dispute with the Younger brothers at the OK Corrall are long gone.

Folks, missing those "good old days" should be taking residence in a major city in the US (the bad side of town, preferrably in some Housing Project). Or Albania. In both places, where the "eye for an eye" legal system is alive and well.

No, I am not a "bleeding heart" liberal, but I live in the year 2017.
Cheers.

Must be an expert child psychologist then.

Where does the main article say anything about a farang? When it's someone in your family being murdered, your going to react or regret it. Justice system is too lenient for cold blooded killers.

You may be living in 2017 but the Thais are living in 2560 (wherever the hell that is).

As a child and adolescent I was raised with guns and went hunting often. Killing an animal to eat never bothered me. 

I served in the US Army from 1970 thru 78. In 1972 i killed 2 men it was justified in line of duty. 

When I returned home my father, (who I was not close to) used a .357 Magnum loaded with super vels (high velocity hallow point rounds)to blow his brains out, I found the body, half his head was all over the 4'x5' room he did it in. It didn't bother me, but I remembered the back of the guys head explode from the.45 cal round. 

I went hunting once after I got out. When I shot a rabbit I saw that image again, soon after I got rid of my guns. It is easy to talk about an eye for an eye and all that but it stays with a human being. I know I would have no problems taking a life to save another (innocent) life at that time. But would not be happy after. 

Same as always with these serious crime cases. The perp blames the victim as if it's all the victim's fault for eliciting such a reaction from him. The perp projects the idea that his over-the-top extreme hair trigger violence is normal and just his machismo doing what is expected. There is no concept of responsibility or proportionate reactions to situations, always the extreme. In this case this belligerent scumbag was quite happy to just jump from teen gang member to murderer without the slightest thought over face...unbelievable really. Reminds me of a story I read recently about some woman was raped and murdered in her house by a thief who said to the cops he had to kill her because she woke up whilst he was robbing the house. <deleted>! 

Stunning really. 25 years at least for this scumbag as they are not doing away with their trash anymore (not that they were really executing anyone recently anyhow). Thing is though, he'll probably serve 5 or so and be quietly released due to overcrowding or some such lame ass reason. 

Archived