Nowhere to hide - Thailand chief prosecutor warns fugitives: "We're coming for you!"

webfact

Nowhere to hide - Thailand chief prosecutor warns fugitives: "We're coming for you!"

n5.jpgPicture: Daily News

Daily News reported that Thailand's top prosecutor is going after high profile criminals that have escaped justice.

In a story that outlined Khemchai Chutiwong's latest policy pronouncements Daily News featured a mock-up picture of three wanted fugitives from justice.

These are former Thai PMs Thaksin Shinawatra and his sister Yingluck and Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoowithaya or Boss.

Both Thaksin and Yingluck have been sentenced to prison terms in absentia while Boss is wanted in connection with the death of a Thong Lor traffic policeman in 2012.

Khemchai was speaking at a meeting for regional chief prosecutors in Chaeng Wattana on Tuesday. Attendees came from Regions 1 through 9.

He outlined a five point policy plan with cooperation with international agencies in bringing high profile fugitives to justice one of the main items of interest for the public and media.

In addition he called for public rights to be maintained and the empowerment of regional offices in giving the public prompt and correct service according to the law.

He also spoke of the importance of ensuring justice for all and upholding the state's authority.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-25

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

1) Issue arrest warrants

2) Issue further arrest warrants

3) See above

4) See above

5) Forget it !

:coffee1: Back to the drawing board. 

1) Issue meaningless, bombastic threats

2) Issue more meaningless bombastic threats

3) See above

4) See above

5) Get transferred to an inactive post while being investigated.

Fixed it for you...

What a complete <expletive deleted> joke!  How many years has guilty 'fugitive' Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoowithaya been enjoying his hiso life of luxury outside of Thailand without fear of arrest by anyone?  Only recently did Thai authorities begrudgingly FINALLY contact Interpol at all for info on Boss's whereabouts. And can anyone ever recall Mr. Anti-corruption Crusader himself, aka Little P, even mentioning the missing Vorayuth Yoowithaya's name in public?  Come to think of it, it's only been 3 1/2 years since the coup... and these things obviously take years to work their way through Little P's ultra-efficient eyes-wide-shut brown-envelope 'justice' system... that is... unless your name is Yingluck.

Edited by Jimbo in Thailand

We're coming for ya... but not before all the relevant law enforcement

will find the time and the experts to translate the requests for extraditions and other

very hard documents that seemingly no one is in a hurry to want to

do, it may take 10 years or so, but we're coming for you.....

Edited by ezzra

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

You will get the one I think and hope, but carry on dreaming on the other two as persecution in a political case is not liked in the Free World.

How's it Go

Immmmmmm Dreaming of?

The problem with that little red thought is that several of the cases against Thaksin are clearly criminal. The B9.9 billion KTB fraud case should be ample for extradition.

10 minutes ago, halloween said:

The problem with that little red thought is that several of the cases against Thaksin are clearly criminal. The B9.9 billion KTB fraud case should be ample for extradition.

Do you think you strengthen or weaken your argument by the reference to "little red thought" ? Does it suggest you have a reasoned sober approach or the opposite?

You seem to be saying Thaksin will be extradited.Or perhaps you are just saying there is sufficient evidence for Thaksin to be extradited.What do you think is the practical likelihood of Thaksin being returned to Thailand against his will? What do you think will be the reaction of countries being asked to extradite Thaksin and what weight do you think will be placed on political considerations? Do you think a more positive response might have been elicited when Thailand had a legitimate democratic government rather than a military Junta which seized power by force.Do you think the demand for extradition is political theatre or a genuine initiative? Could there be a case that the authorities really prefer Thaksin to be in exile?

What about Yingluck? Do you think from a foreign perspective she is seen as being guilty of anything at all? What opinion do you think foreign governments have about the Thai justice system - ie its even handedness and lack of political direction?

Do you think at any serious level about these issues at all? Or are you just content to screech "little red thought" or "Shin lover" at anybody who questions your Manichaean vision?

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

Do you think you strengthen or weaken your argument by the reference to "little red thought" ? Does it suggest you have a reasoned sober approach or the opposite?

You seem to be saying Thaksin will be extradited.Or perhaps you are just saying there is sufficient evidence for Thaksin to be extradited.What do you think is the practical likelihood of Thaksin being returned to Thailand against his will? What do you think will be the reaction of countries being asked to extradite Thaksin and what weight do you think will be placed on political considerations? Do you think a more positive response might have been elicited when Thailand had a legitimate democratic government rather than a military Junta which seized power by force.Do you think the demand for extradition is political theatre or a genuine initiative? Could there be a case that the authorities really prefer Thaksin to be in exile?

What about Yingluck? Do you think from a foreign perspective she is seen as being guilty of anything at all? What opinion do you think foreign governments have about the Thai justice system - ie its even handedness and lack of political direction?

Do you think at any serious level about these issues at all? Or are you just content to screech "little red thought" or "Shin lover" at anybody who questions your Manichaean vision?

I stated that there is at least one clearly criminal case against Thaksin, rather than political, sufficient for extradition. Denial of his criminality both in and out of office is common amongst his supporters.

Whether his political history or wealth could be used to make other countries comply is a different subject to that which I posted, as is Yingluk, and the current political position in the country. Why you would ask the  opinion of anyone else is incomprehensible, as any opinion other than your own you regard as inferior, as you have so often pointed out.

43 minutes ago, halloween said:

that being the case

why have they not done it?

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

that being the case

why have they not done it?

Most likely the same reason they ignored flagrant breaches of electoral law in 2011, to avoid the expected political violence from their rabid supporters who think that popularity over-rides their criminality.

9 minutes ago, halloween said:

I stated that there is at least one clearly criminal case against Thaksin, rather than political, sufficient for extradition. Denial of his criminality both in and out of office is common amongst his supporters.

Whether his political history or wealth could be used to make other countries comply is a different subject to that which I posted, as is Yingluk, and the current political position in the country. Why you would ask the  opinion of anyone else is incomprehensible, as any opinion other than your own you regard as inferior, as you have so often pointed out.

Rather muddled response in which you ignore all the reasonable questions I posed.Nevertheless you seem through the verbiage to be saying that the KTB case is serious enough to warrant Thaksin's extradition.Though he is as far as I know yet to be charged and more importantly yet to be found guilty, I wouldn't disagree this is an extraditable matter - all other things being equal.As I understand your position this is all you are saying and ostrich head in sand you propose to completely ignore all relevant considerations.If this is all you are saying we can find common ground.

Incidentally you are wrong to believe I think all opposing opinions inferior.I certainly however don't believe one man's opinion is as good as another's.Intelligence, knowledge, the ability to articulate all mark the in formed from the mediocre.As to your ranking I must reserve my position since you dodge most of the questions I posed.

9 minutes ago, halloween said:

Most likely the same reason they ignored flagrant breaches of electoral law in 2011, to avoid the expected political violence from their rabid supporters who think that popularity over-rides their criminality.

they can always shoot like they did before

29 minutes ago, halloween said:

Wake me up when you go...go...

Stuck record or what?  bias, bias, bias

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

1) Issue arrest warrants

2) Issue further arrest warrants

3) See above

4) See above

5) Forget it !

:coffee1: Back to the drawing board. 

might have added 4A) tell the public : 'we are doing something about it'

and 4B) read off your ready-made list of excuses

20 minutes ago, halloween said:

So cowardice in other words.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

The problem with your little yellow thoughts is they are born from utter, utter bias with no reflection, little intellectual base and zero relevance to anything even nearing TRUTH.