Report to Immigration

1 hour ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Oh yes there was in Chiang Mai I have the scribbles on my copy of the bottom of the TM30 where I reported twice when coming back into the country.

That might be what the said in Chiang Mai but there is no rule that says you have to report to immigration for any reason within 24 hours of arrival in the country. They could not really have that as a fixed rule. Some people might not even get to their final destination within 24 hours of entry.

After you arrive at your residence it is when the clock starts ticking for the TM30 report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Sakon Nakhon, my wife have to come in person. 

Last year she got fined 500B when I extended my stay. We where not aware of those reporting. 

This is year I got new passport and (obviously) new visa, so we went there the following day of my arrival and asked some questions. And yes she have to come in person but we not have to return if we go on a weeks holiday and stayed in hotels. 

As as many things in Thailand, different rules applies...

3 hours ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

Bazza 73 I am not extending any visa and how many times i am going to verify my presence, 

I'm not sure what you are trying to say in your post.

You only need to do the TM30 once for your place of residence, when you arrive in Thailand. If you travel through Thailand from there, hotels have to do the TM30 for you. That's why you are asked for your passport at every hotel.

"how many times" may refer to a 90 day report, which I understand is required for longer-term visas. Perhaps Ubon Joe can clarify.

• Thanks 1

In Pattaya , the answer is Yes. (but 3 days is OK) Can download Form TM30 (although the form does not have TM30 on it

Or go to Immigration and ask for a Form

I know several people who were fined when they went to get an extension, because the "House Master" never reported. So it is you who is responsible to ensure that the House Master (your GF) does so.

10 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

No, unless you have changed your address to one which is different to that on Immigration records.

I am in the same province as Pattaya on a Non Im O, retired. At a recent 90 day report we offered the "Alien residence" report form from my wife after me returning from overseas 90 days before, but they said only needed if the address changed since the last long stay extension was renewed.

Edited by The Deerhunter

23 hours ago, superal said:

Is that a fact ? it seems too sensible to me but I hope you are correct , can you back it up with any posted info ? 

It is at some offices. I did a retirement extension last week on a new Non Imm visa and the TM30 slip in my passport is dated July 2014.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

I am in the same province as Pattaya on a Non Im O, retired. At a recent 90 day report we offered the "Alien residence" report form from my wife after me returning from overseas 90 days before, but they said only needed if the address changed since the last long stay extension was renewed.

Unless you went to Koh Sichang its been the same way for some time. I have done 3 extensions since TM30.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Unless you went to Koh Sichang its been the same way for some time. I have done 3 extensions since TM30.

Koh Sichang is an island.  I assume you mean SrI Racha and yes I did.  Every office in the  Kingdom makes up its own rules as they go along and change them without warning.  Presumably you go to Jomtien.  I have never been there.  I could go there I guess but Sri Racha is closer and suits me.

On 27/10/2017 at 10:50 AM, OJAS said:

So how long ago was this?

Maptaput are also my local immigration office, and, when I applied for my previous retirement extension there in July 2016, an officer informed my wife that it really was now high time for her to submit a completed TM30 as my housemaster after nearly 8 years of my living here! They were, however, pretty relaxed about when she needed to do this and didn't impose any fine. So we just mailed the form in (with copies of her housebook, ID card and our marriage certificate) with my next 90-day report a few weeks later, and back came the TM30 notification slip along with that for the 90-day report in the post a week afterwards.

Well the last time I came back from Canada was 2013. Never did any reporting and I had 6 trips before that. Besides they got the info they need when I did the retirement extention but now on a marriage extention. I was ignorent of the reporting back then but know now.

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Well the last time I came back from Canada was 2013. Never did any reporting and I had 6 trips before that. Besides they got the info they need when I did the retirement extention but now on a marriage extention. I was ignorent of the reporting back then but know now.

They weren't enforcing the rule in 2013 they only started enforcing the rule again the past 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

I flew into Thailand a week ago and the hotel did the reporting and I got a TM30.  Next week I go out of the country and when I come back in a weeks time I will go to the same hotel... but do I then have to go back to immigration in 24 hours because the number will be different form the flight details?

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I flew into Thailand a week ago and the hotel did the reporting and I got a TM30.  Next week I go out of the country and when I come back in a weeks time I will go to the same hotel... but do I then have to go back to immigration in 24 hours because the number will be different form the flight details?

You dont need to do anything. You are staying at a hotel, so the hotel will report.    

14 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Koh Sichang is an island.  I assume you mean SrI Racha and yes I did.  Every office in the  Kingdom makes up its own rules as they go along and change them without warning.  Presumably you go to Jomtien.  I have never been there.  I could go there I guess but Sri Racha is closer and suits me.

There are 3 immigration offices in Chonburi province, one being on Koh Sichang. I use Sri Ratcha and was in fact supporting what you had posted. Apologies if it wasn't very clear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Comment is out of context and irrelevant. 

Why?

You wrote there are 3 offices which could imply all of them are full service immigration offices. I posted to clarify that Koh Sichang is not one.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why?

You wrote there are 3 offices which could imply all of them are full service immigration offices. I posted to clarify that Koh Sichang is not one.

As usual text has been treated in isolation and context discarded.

Original comment "I am in the same province as Pattaya on a Non Im O, retired."  and my response  "Unless you went to Koh Sichang its been the same way for some time."

My response was based on the assumption that he had been to Sri Ratcha and agreed that the situation there had been as he described for some time.

He challenged my response "Koh Sichang is an island. I assume you mean SrI Racha "  - leading me to clarify that unless he had gone to Koh Sichang it must have been Sri Ratcha as he had ruled out Pattaya initially. Hence my agreement with the main point in the original comment.

On 27.10.2017 at 2:00 PM, bazza73 said:

The fine is 1600 baht. Your GF was dudded for 400 baht. Or did she tell you it was a 2000 baht fine?

The fine is 2000 baht and we got a info folder that says so. And we also got a receipt when it was paid.

6 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

The fine is 2000 baht and we got a info folder that says so. And we also got a receipt when it was paid.

5 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Whatever you say. In CM, it's 1600.

The fine is a maximum of 2,000 baht. An office can charge whatever they like up to the full 2,000 baht. 800 and 1600 seem to be the most common amounts charged.

Immigration Act.

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

The fine is a maximum of 2,000 baht. An office can charge whatever they like up to the full 2,000 baht. 800 and 1600 seem to be the most common amounts charged.

Immigration Act.

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 2,000 Baht.

Thanks for the confirmation of my information Elviajero. Good to have it in  print, if not for anything else so for the cavilers in here... 

7 hours ago, persimmon said:

Hi, if I`m on a SETV do I need to worry about this ? Thanks.

If you are staying in Bangkok you don't need to worry. If outside of Bangkok, and applying for an extension of stay, it's a maybe.

When you apply for an extension of stay some offices insist that the owner (or house-master or possessor) of the property submit a TM.30 to report you're staying with them. If it's not done when you arrive some offices have been known to fine the offender at the point you apply for an extension.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, persimmon said:

" Fine the offender " ....that would be the hotel/guesthouse owner then ,not me hopefully .

Apparently a grey area. For a hotel, definitely the owner/manager. For a condo with short term rentals ( yes, they do happen) it may get bounced around between condo staff, the landlord of the apartment, and the tenant.

Ubonjoe,

Hi, my GF went to the Immigration office in Jomtien Pattaya to inquire about the TM30 form and they gave her a form to fill up when i get there, she took with her the Tabien baan and the ID.They told her we    go together to the immigration office and everything will be OK, So I am searching online about this TM30 and I seen this proxy form.My GF is a tenant and the caretaker of the block is not the owner, and the Tabien baan is from her hometown in Uttaradit will this evidence she got be eccepted to register the address for the alien. and another question . If I put the address on the visa form and the arrival card but I don't do the report at the accomodation will they know about it on the way back home at the airport.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

If I put the address on the visa form and the arrival card but I don't do the report at the accomodation will they know about it on the way back home at the airport.

No

Immigration at airport are not interested in any report you need to do at a immigration office. They only check that you have not overstayed your permit to stay.