Condo Finance Error

On 10/27/2017 at 11:23 AM, Willy86 said:

My part of the finance paperwork, which was in English, stated I am the 'grantor'. Family Law... I grant my wife permission to refinance etc. that's all

Well here you just answered your own question

Your part was only Guarantor stating that wife who owns the Condo can refinance (meaning that you will except the liability of paying the loan of if it goes tits up )

This is not Family Law, it's an agreement between Customer & Finance Company

PS : So what they got you to tick a box as being married  (many forms have that ) 

You were done over in the way that you now can't prove you paid for Condo, but if you bought it whilst married you should be able to recieve 50% of sale

Edited by BEVUP

Hi all,

Sorry been busy and only just got back to the thread

Half of the replies here are, sadly, why I never use TV. Threads get hijacked by people stating their opinion as some sort of fact, then someone else says something different, then people argue among themselves about something completely off topic... I won't even bother replying to any of it.
The other half, thank you very much for your replies and advice, it is appreciated  :-)

We'll be getting the divorce soon and then getting married again. Having to wait a while for the appointment at the embassy. Only potential problem I see is in future VISA applications back home...

Just to confirm a few points to help anyone who may encounter the same situation in the future...

• Our problem is not to do with 'ownership', my wife owns the condo. The problem is Thai family law requires the signature of both parties in the marriage to refinance, transfer etc. All the banks know we're are married but the LO record does not show this, thus there's a conflict between the paperwork.
  • Foreign quotas etc. are not relevant to our situation - it's a family law issue. However, for those curious, the condo is 96% sold with plenty of foreign quota remaining

Thanks

1 hour ago, Willy86 said:

Hi all,

Sorry been busy and only just got back to the thread

Half of the replies here are, sadly, why I never use TV. Threads get hijacked by people stating their opinion as some sort of fact, then someone else says something different, then people argue among themselves about something completely off topic... I won't even bother replying to any of it.
The other half, thank you very much for your replies and advice, it is appreciated  :-)

We'll be getting the divorce soon and then getting married again. Having to wait a while for the appointment at the embassy. Only potential problem I see is in future VISA applications back home...

Just to confirm a few points to help anyone who may encounter the same situation in the future...

• Our problem is not to do with 'ownership', my wife owns the condo. The problem is Thai family law requires the signature of both parties in the marriage to refinance, transfer etc. All the banks know we're are married but the LO record does not show this, thus there's a conflict between the paperwork.
  • Foreign quotas etc. are not relevant to our situation - it's a family law issue. However, for those curious, the condo is 96% sold with plenty of foreign quota remaining

Thanks

Can anyone show this Family Law clause 

As far as I'm concerned the OP is just a Guarantor on the original loan & therefor if you are willing to remain as one  of cause she would need your permission to change the status of the loan (as you are the one who will be liable if she can't pay )