What is going on with True Online Internet?

giddyup

I have had no internet connection between 6am and 6pm for the last 28 days. Numerous calls to True doesn't result in any answers as to when the problem might be rectified. Only answer I got was that the many, many unused lines have to be removed from the poles in the Banglamung (darkside) area. Problem is do I cancel the service and then have to experience the same problem with another provider in the future?

21 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

From my own experience with True internet, once the service deteriorates, there is no way back. Drop them. Do other providers connect to your area?

I may have to go 3BB, only problem is you have to pay a year in advance, as well as buy the modem, all up around 11,000 baht.

I too have had issues with True (especially the last 3-4 weeks).  You may want to ask their help desk to reset/reboot equipment from their end.  Helped a few times and was stable for a few days.  Also, try asking them to send a tech with a new router.  They'll replace the router for free...and to be safe, ask for a different model than the one you have.  I was on the verge of switching a couple of times too, but put off by all the paperwork and installation costs....ie a service from TOT which involved wireless broadband (not the SIM card/wifi dongle).

1 minute ago, tpkhk said:

I too have had issues with True (especially the last 3-4 weeks).  You may want to ask their help desk to reset/reboot equipment from their end.  Helped a few times and was stable for a few days.  Also, try asking them to send a tech with a new router.  They'll replace the router for free...and to be safe, ask for a different model than the one you have.  I was on the verge of switching a couple of times too, but put off by all the paperwork and installation costs....ie a service from TOT which involved wireless broadband (not the SIM card/wifi dongle).

also ask them to check the connection on the pole outside your house, my first few issues were due to them simply cutting and twisting the wire together and wrapping in electrical tape.

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

I may have to go 3BB, only problem is you have to pay a year in advance, as well as buy the modem, all up around 11,000 baht.

I have 3BB Fibre. I paid a reasonable fee for the Modem, as you do with all the other providers, but was not required to pay a year in advance. They bill me monthly.

I also live on the dark side and have had issues with my internet connection. Like I have stated on another thread the issue almost always is the quality of the line that is connected to your router wether it be coax or telephone wire..telephone wire tends to be worse and will often times be effected by rain.. just look at the wires hanging haphazardly off the poles but it is often the junction boxes that is the issue. I just switched from 3bb to True because of the issue I pointed out above.. now I am on a newer coax connection which has been more stable since I switched but there has been one major outage and at times slow access but the line connection stays up when it rains so that is an improvement. IMHO the only reason to switch service providers is to get on a newer connection be it COAX or fiber to the router in your home. You must ask if this will be the case and stress that it is required.. I would not make the switch if the new provider will use the existing telephone wiring except maybe in a newer Condo with the premise equipment located in the building.. 

6 hours ago, fred110 said:

I use True but with a wifi hotspot device, which cost 1900 baht. I pre-pay 8 gb for about 860 baht, good for 30 days. No problems with service.

Wouldn't take long for me to chew up that 8gb with all the downloads I do. Not convenient.

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

also ask them to check the connection on the pole outside your house, my first few issues were due to them simply cutting and twisting the wire together and wrapping in electrical tape.

The router has been replaced with no change. Others in the area are suffering the same problem, so it's not as simple as twisting a couple of wires together.

6 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Have true on the darkside and it has be fairly reliable, they few times it has gone down they have sent a tech withing 24hours to fix it.

Have had a tech come out a couple of times, last time replaced the router, no change. Neighbours are suffering the same problem. I honestly don't think they know what the problem is or how to fix it.

36 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I paid a reasonable fee for the Modem, as you do with all the other providers,

Is this now the case. When I changed to True some years ago I did not pay anything for the modem - or is it only for fibre?

Also can you say what is a "reasonable fee"?

39 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I have 3BB Fibre. I paid a reasonable fee for the Modem, as you do with all the other providers, but was not required to pay a year in advance. They bill me monthly.

True give the modem free as part of the 1 year contract.

Just now, topt said:

Is this now the case. When I changed to True some years ago I did not pay anything for the modem - or is it only for fibre?

Also can you say what is a "reasonable fee"?

I think it's well over 2000 baht for 3BB, as you say, there was no charge for the True modem.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The router has been replaced with no change. Others in the area are suffering the same problem, so it's not as simple as twisting a couple of wires together.

have had 2 router replaced but other times they simply re-do the cut and twist wire connection.

got a free up grade to Docsis last week and that been awesome.........................touch wood.

38 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

have had 2 router replaced but other times they simply re-do the cut and twist wire connection.

got a free up grade to Docsis last week and that been awesome.........................touch wood.

Is that with True? What area do you live in?

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

We just went to 3BB and got a free modem and monthly paments by direct debit after paying three monthly payments manually.  Cost is 749b a month. We got approached by them as 3or 4 others in our rural area wanted 3BB and they need a minimum of 5 contracts to put a box up a pole in our street.  We did pay a 1000b or perhaps 2000b connection fee, no more.   We were having trouble with AIS Air net as there are lots of tall rubber tree plantations in our area interfering with  air signals.  3BB is 5x faster than air net too.  50 and 10 next to 10 and 2.  Very happy with it, touch wood.......!

Edited by The Deerhunter

On 10/27/2017 at 10:34 PM, SheungWan said:

From my own experience with True internet, once the service deteriorates, there is no way back. Drop them. Do other providers connect to your area?

From my experience fight. Once or more daily emails providing copies of router log. Make many phone calls. But be polite. Facebook or other social media are also good especially when you send True the links. In my own campaign I won when a smarter than average techie decided to completely strip and rebuild the street box resulting in me now having a 24/7 stable connection for months. And I got a refund.

Going to another provider does not always solve your problems. I've used 3BB and CAT both which turned out as hopeless as True.

I have had True and 3BB in the past, had problems with them both, I now have TMN Fibre Optic 20 / 7 upload - download for 630 Baht a month. If you are at the temple end of Nern Plawb Wan then they are just around the corner from you just past the school on the RHS. 

I paid a deposit and for the router but not that expensive, can't remember how much, get billed monthly in my name, I also have their cable package for all the Thai channels for the Mrs :thumbsup:

Edited by Golden Triangle

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have had True and 3BB in the past, had problems with them both, I now have TMN Fibre Optic 20 / 7 upload - download for 630 Baht a month. If you are at the temple end of Nern Plawb Wan then they are just around the corner from you just past the school on the RHS. 

I paid a deposit and for the router but not that expensive, can't remember how much, get billed monthly in my name, I also have their cable package for all the Thai channels for the Mrs :thumbsup:

20/7 seems pretty slow.

i have true also, and always slow connection,althoos I pay for 50 mb d/l speed, 3 or 4 times somebody come check everything, but cant find the problem, some of them tell me its my plaptop , because he is belgium, hallo, I bought this 2 in England.I have now speed around 23 mb d/l, and theres nothing they can do anymore they say ?

i have true also, and always slow connection,althoos I pay for 50 mb d/l speed, 3 or 4 times somebody come check everything, but cant find the problem, some of them tell me its my plaptop , because he is belgium, hallo, I bought this 2 in England.I have now speed around 23 mb d/l, and theres nothing they can do anymore they say ? I live also on the darkside.

I just don't understand why anyone would have anything to do with TRUE, in any shape or form

They have  been pure garbage ever since they have been in business, even going back to the old days when they were UBC

No matter what service; Mobile phones, Internet, Cable and Satellite TV, DVR's, etc.  They are a perfect example of serving up lousy equipment and service yet members keep coming back for more

But then again we have been preaching for years for members not to use private mail carriers like DHL, FEDEX, and UPS,  yet a month will  not go by where someone here is complaining about the customs duties they paid because they didn't listen in the first place