First charges filed in U.S. special counsel's Russia investigation

rooster59

2 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Yes, absolutely correct on all points. The Russian facebook ads (if they even exist at all!?) had no bearing on the election result. It's all just pure laziness tinged with arrogance on behalf of the swamp dwellers to blame their humiliation at the polls on something other than their incompetence and total unelectability. Mr. Assange has been weighing in with lots of relevant info, although CNN and "approved" news sources have been avoiding the doses of reality as regards the whole situation. 

Wrong. Facebook ads do exist.  Hundreds.  Many were paid by RUBLES.  They did have a big effect on how people voted.   

I just watched part of a new video about the recent California fires - which purports the houses there were targeted by lasers from the sky.  That's crazy enough, ....but I also read the dozens of responses, AND MOST WERE IN AGREEMENT !!!

Are Americans so easily duped by fake stories?  YES, ten thousand times YES!  If I wanted to get 15 million Americans believing that Marilyn Monroe was a male robot from Pluto, I could do it.  All it would take was concerted postings/videos on Youtube, Facebook, and a flury of Twits.

2 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Wrong. Facebook ads do exist.  Hundreds.  Many were paid by RUBLES.  They did have a big effect on how people voted.   

I just watched part of a new video about the recent California fires - which purports the houses there were targeted by lasers from the sky.  That's crazy enough, ....but I also read the dozens of responses, AND MOST WERE IN AGREEMENT !!!

Are Americans so easily duped by fake stories?  YES, ten thousand times YES!  If I wanted to get 15 million Americans believing that Marilyn Monroe was a male robot from Pluto, I could do it.  All it would take was concerted postings/videos on Youtube, Facebook, and a flury of Twits.

A clarification, if you will permit.

“Twits” are the people who are prone to believe any hastily-crafted BS story that feeds their existing prejudices.

”Tweets” are are the BS stories they are fed.

”Twitterer in Chief” is the designation bestowed by some wits on the President of the US.

23 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

A clarification, if you will permit.

“Twits” are the people who are prone to believe any hastily-crafted BS story that feeds their existing prejudices.

”Tweets” are are the BS stories they are fed.

”Twitterer in Chief” is the designation bestowed by some wits on the President of the US.

My sources that were briefed on the matter say the DNC is frantically looking for the Russian posters who managed to influence the election with $50 thousand dollars as opposed to the DNC who spent 5 million and had less effect.  The DNC wants to hire these guys for the mid term elections.  

9 minutes ago, johnarth said:

Hillary accepted millions from the Muslims to help her win the election, when is her day in court? 

Muslims are part of American society.  They are free to donate to political parties just like everybody else.  Christians, jews, hindus, etc.  Why would she go to court over that?

5 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:
7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Does anyone even look at internet ads? Whatever Adblocker doesn't catch my eyes seem to automatically screen out.

Yes, absolutely correct on all points. The Russian facebook ads (if they even exist at all!?) had no bearing on the election result.

Exactly right.  This explains why Google and Facebook are two of the smallest, least successful companies in the world.  From Visual Capitalist: Top 25 Global Brands:

413620782.jpg

7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

And isn't Facebook primarily populated with a demographic too young to even vote?

3% of US Facebook users are under 18.  Just think for a moment about what you're implying.  If Facebook's primary user group were under age, how could their advertising platform have become so successful?  It must be from all the money that 13-17 year-old age group has!

413620783.jpg

Edited by attrayant

56 minutes ago, johnarth said:

Hillary accepted millions from the Muslims to help her win the election, when is her day in court? 

Just as soon as you find a law that restricts specific religious sections of the population from donating to political campaigns.  

6 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Exactly right.  This explains why Google and Facebook are two of the smallest, least successful companies in the world.  From Visual Capitalist: Top 25 Global Brands:

413620782.jpg

3% of US Facebook users are under 18.  Just think for a moment about what you're implying.  If Facebook's primary user group were under age, how could their advertising platform have become so successful?  It must be from all the money that 13-17 year-old age group has!

413620783.jpg

Ok, I accept your graph of users ages, though I am surprised. As for the ads, I already know there are a lot of them and that revenues from those ads provide the majority of income from some very large corporations. My question was, does anybody really click on them or even see them for that matter. I don't do either.  I can't believe most other people do. Do you? I'm curious.

18 hours ago, Wake Up said:

A real life Game of Thrones. 

You're right. Every day Trump is in office, is another day he can trigger a war in east Asia.  Game of Thrones is well-crafted fiction.  A war in Asia would be all too real - particularly for those who get their bodies torn apart and/or incinerated.

13 hours ago, Thakkar said:

There were so many shady characters involved in Trump’s campaign that nobody can say with any confidence who Mueller will charge on Monday. Just let that sink in.

Manafort and probably Carter Page.  It could also be Flynn, tho I think the corrupt general will be a few weeks in the future.   They're still soaking stool pigeon Flynn for all the can get.

Manafort is like Kushner, they say as little as possible.  Hopefully, their law breaking will bite them hard on their butts.  

Starting about April next year, I predict the word that will be in nearly every news headline will be 'pardon.'   Trump will be handing out pardons like candy to children at Halloween.  

Posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

22 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Incredible to think, that all the debates, all the campaigning, all the strategies, the millions and millions of dollars spent trying to secure an electoral victory, it was all for nothing. All that was needed to swing an election the "wrong way" was a few facebook ads by Russian trolls. It is so unbelievable that I'm just going to have to call it BS. Clinton lost, now stop whining and grow up.

How many people were influenced by what was stolen during the Watergate break'in? How much did that matter in Nixon resigning? 

Since I apparently went over the three sentence limit, I'll reply to this again citing the Federal Trade Commission web site, which is in the public domain and therefore not subject to copyright.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Ok, I accept your graph of users ages, though I am surprised. As for the ads, I already know there are a lot of them and that revenues from those ads provide the majority of income from some very large corporations. My question was, does anybody really click on them or even see them for that matter. I don't do either.  I can't believe most other people do. Do you? I'm curious.

You're fishing for anecdotal data, which is meaningless.  But to answer your question, I have an ad blocker on some sites that host especially annoying ad content.  But I like to see the ads for other sites like Amazon.com, where I am specifically looking for something to buy and the ads might come in handy.  Google ad sense is especially good at serving me ads for things it knows I am looking for.  I have gotten ads on Lazada for something I searched for on Amazon or eBay.  I occasionally click-through if the ad seems relevant.

But lets forget about you and me and think about the electorate.  As George Carlin used to say: "Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half the population is even stupider than that." 

Most of these people can barely manage to keep their computers running properly, and don't have the sense to use virus scanners or ad blockers.  If you are a scammer, there is a lot of low-hanging fruit out there waiting for you:

In 2016, the Consumer Sentinel Network collected more than 3.1 million consumer complaints, which the FTC has sorted into 30 top complaint categories. As with 2015, Florida, Georgia and Michigan were the top three states for fraud and other complaints, while Michigan, Florida and Delaware were the top three states for identity theft complaints.

[snip]

The rise in impostor scam reports is due to an increase in complaints about government imposters. Imposter scams come in many varieties, but work the same way: a scammer pretends to be someone trustworthy, such as a government official or computer technician to convince a consumer to send money.

You'll notice that two of the states with the most scam complaints are swing states.  Florida's electoral 2016 votes were decided on a 1.3% margin, and Michigan by a razor-thin 0.3% margin.

Edited by attrayant

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, FreddieRoyle said:

Incredible to think, that all the debates, all the campaigning, all the strategies, the millions and millions of dollars spent trying to secure an electoral victory, it was all for nothing. All that was needed to swing an election the "wrong way" was a few facebook ads by Russian trolls. It is so unbelievable that I'm just going to have to call it BS. Clinton lost, now stop whining and grow up.

It has nothing to do with who won, try to read a bit more.