Police officer opens fire at Phuket petrol, faces multiple charges

rooster59

Police officer opens fire at Phuket petrol, faces multiple charges

Eakkapop Thongtub

1509167304_1.jpg

PHUKET: LCpl Ruangrit Jaritgam of Phuket City Police was charged on multiple counts after he fired his gun and shot another man at a petrol station on Thepkrasattri Rd in Srisoonthorn yesterday afternoon (Oct 27).

Residents of Srisoonthorn Sub-District informed Capt Sunan Petnoo of Thalang Police about the shooting at one a PTT petrol station in Baan Lipon area at 5.20pm yesterday (Oct 27).

Police officers, including Thalang Police Chief Col Somphong Thipapakul and Superintendent of Thalang Police Lt Col Amnuay Kraiwut-Anan arrived at the scene to find Mr Adisak Srisootiyakul, 30, from Phang Nga on the ground with a gunshot wound to his foot. The man was promptly taken to Thalang Hospital and later transferred to Vachira hospital in Phuket Town.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-officer-opens-fire-at-phuket-petrol-faces-multiple-charges-64473.php#xWq0VTr7qP0JqFeJ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-28

LCpl Ruangrit “became stressed and shot his pistol at the ground, causing the bullet to ricochet and injure the foot of Mr Adisak who was nearby”.

And these BiB are allowed loose with guns ... oh wait ...

LCpl Ruangrit was charged with attempted murder using firearms; carrying firearms in a public place without a permit; firing a gun in a public place without a permit. LCpl Ruangrit denied charges. The officer was then released after he paid B50,000 bail.

50,000 baht bail for attempted murder .... what a joke.

2 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

50,000 baht is a lot for the average Thai.

But he is not an 'average' working Thai. He is a policeman  and I expect make a lot on the side.

Bet the let him go with his gun ... he is supposed to be an officer of the law. He should have been suspended on the spot pending review and dismissal.

32 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Policemen have a poor basic salary and the 'on the side' thing is overhyped on this forum I think.  I don't know anything about police ranks but unless he's fairly high up the ladder I doubt he's getting much extra.

LCpl would either be Lance Corporal or Lieutenant Colonel, though not sure which one. If the latter he is a pretty long way up the ladder. 

Either way, 50k bail is ridiculous; he should be remanded in custody.

I wonder when the next Phuket policeman involved in an unnecessary shooting incident will be reported? 

13 minutes ago, madmitch said:

LCpl would either be Lance Corporal or Lieutenant Colonel, though not sure which one. If the latter he is a pretty long way up the ladder. 

I wonder when the next Phuket policeman involved in an unnecessary shooting incident will be reported? 

At his age Lance Corporal.

31 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Goodnight 

1 hour ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Policemen have a poor basic salary and the 'on the side' thing is overhyped on this forum I think.  I don't know anything about police ranks but unless he's fairly high up the ladder I doubt he's getting much extra.

You are definitely just off the boat if you believe your own nonsense....

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

How on earth could LCpl be Lieutenant Colonel, are there any 'p's in Colonel?

42 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

How on earth could LCpl be Lieutenant Colonel, are there any 'p's in Colonel?

If he is older then you then yes. he is 'p'lieutenant colonel then lol.

BTW 50k was ok because he was on his way to 'baa house' in surat thani. Better for him there in his condition.

15 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

It would be interesting if there is any follow up to this and if any really EFFECTIVE punishment, other than a sorry and a wei, actually happens. Somehow I doubt it the cops rarely pay for their misadventures

As it happens I personally know a BiB guy in Kamala who discharged his gun in the air in anger at the police housing block.. He had no well placed 'friends' and after  quire a few months investigation  he was discharged fom the BiB.  He has been working as a temp building labourer for the last 4 years.

Edited by LivinginKata

14 hours ago, madmitch said:

LCpl is lance corporal LTC (proper) or Lt Col is Lt Colonel

Lcpl Ruangrit was traveling with his parents to receive medical care at Saranrom Hospital in Surat Thani. The family stopped their car at the PTT petrol station to buy water from the convenience store and that was when LCpl Ruangrit “became stressed and shot his pistol at the ground, causing the bullet to ricochet and injure the foot of Mr Adisak who was nearby”.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-officer-opens-fire-at-phuket-petrol-station-faces-multiple-charges-64473.php#1ciTyKWwt76B1PH3.99

For him to be going to this establishment, his commanding officer would have known he has issues, a quick Google search shows Suan Saranrom Hospital as a: Psychiatric hospital in Tha Kham, Surat Thani, Thailand

My Question therefore is, what the farrrrk was he doing still having the gun in his possession, it should have been taken off of him !

Edited by 4MyEgo

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

LCpl Ruangrit “became stressed and shot his pistol at the ground, causing the bullet to ricochet and injure the foot of Mr Adisak who was nearby”.

And these BiB are allowed loose with guns ... oh wait ...

LCpl Ruangrit was charged with attempted murder using firearms; carrying firearms in a public place without a permit; firing a gun in a public place without a permit. LCpl Ruangrit denied charges. The officer was then released after he paid B50,000 bail.

50,000 baht bail for attempted murder .... what a joke.

The officer was on his way to a Psychiatric hospital, the attempted murder charge will later be dropped, because his lawyer will claim his client was mentally insane at the time, hence the reason he was on his way to the facility.

B50,000 bail, that's a laugh, especially when they knew the situation, perhaps transporting him to the facility would have been better served, and then stick it to his commanding officer for not taking his weapon off of him, no doubt his commanding officer would have known of his condition, i.e. a few loose ones up top requiring some adjustment.

36 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

About four months salary ?

About right for a low level BiB, but he also gets his share of the fines  income. All legal, above board, not sure but I think now a maximun of 12,000 baht/month. So he can cover his fine in 2 months with legal money. Illegal kick backs .... skies the limit. There are no 'poor' BiB in Phuket. 

Edit ... don't forget he gets this money back when case dismissed for the usual 500 baht fine. so It's noy 50 grand lost.

Edited by LivinginKata