Taxation of Fund Dividends

Can the 10% tax deducted at source on dividends from Thai funds be reclaimed as cash though a tax return? Or is only a tax credit available? (The Revenue Department website appears contradictory on this point.)

Your main choices are either

1) elect to have flat rate WHT of 10% deducted and no further tax to pay nor include on your tax return. So no tax credit shows up

2) have no WHT tax deducted. In this case you would include the dividend income on your tax return. There is no tax credit here either

I think what you are trying to say is elect for the 10%, then if your marginal rate is in your favour, claim the 10% tax credit as an offset. Never tried to reclaim to be honest. I don't think you can do that though for mutual funds. 

If your dividend is from a Thai company or juristic person I believe you can claim a tax credit based on the Thai company' or juristic persons rate of tax. I don't think you can do the same for a Thai mutual fund though.

It isn't that clear I agree. I posted a doc on another forum with some info on this but can't post the link for you on here LOL 

Cheers

Fletch :)

Edited by fletchsmile