Another Pattaya own goal as tourists falling out of the new beach chairs

webfact

13 hours ago, bubba45 said:

Why is Chang sponsoring if drinking alcohol on the beach is illegal?

12 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Beer is banned from the beach but Chang are sponsoring them!!!!! Duh...

Beer is banned from the beaches but Chang is sponsoring them!?!?!? Duh....

Water!!! Duh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Arandora said:

Seems like soistalker has been at the Changs!!! 

We've sat on these type of loungers on sand in Khao Lak and on beaches in other countries. Pretty standard - and safe! The point about the pads on them being too hot is equally ridiculous as most people lie on a towel not the bare pad if it is made of vinyl like these. 

Why should I have to bring a towel ( and the hotel may object if I take theirs ) when I never used to have to? The old style did the job, was more suitable for the Thai style of beach going, and was at a reasonable price. An increase of over 100% is not justifiable.

One poster actually said we could take a big towel, meaning I suppose a beach towel, so they expect us to go and buy a beach towel just to pay more on a beach where there aren't enough umbrellas to keep the sun off.

The thing about this thread that struck me, is that most of the posters supporting the new chairs are newbies, with few posts, and some apparently don't even live in Pattaya. When I see long established and well known posters supporting them, I'll accept it's the tourists fault, and not that the chairs were a mistake.

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Water!!! Duh

Water is the first thing that springs to mind when I see Chang advertising. Perhaps they are just promoting a national symbol of the Country and entice tourists to take an elephant ride.   Absurd to think they are promoting alcohol.

If the Pattaya powers that be actually did fix everything there is to be fixed, and popularity could be charted, my guess is there would be a precisely opposite correlation between 'newbies' saying how great Pattaya is and old farts slagging the place off as usual.  

The seats look good to me.  Nice brolly providing a decent bit of shade and pretty obvious from the picture that the sun is quite low so time to go for a beer anyway.  

18 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Seen a lot of Ozzie guys on the beach and around town,  falling over after two stubby's.

I think this is the norm. as well.  :giggle:

I call BS on this..... but if it is true, they are disgracing the country and should be put on the first plane home.... no if, but’s or maybes...

oh... and their passports should be suspended until they can remain upright until being able to consume a minimum of 12 stubbys

13 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I call BS on this..... but if it is true, they are disgracing the country and should be put on the first plane home.... no if, but’s or maybes...

oh... and their passports should be suspended until they can remain upright until being able to consume a minimum of 12 stubbys

Perhaps what he is referring is two Darwin stubbies

Comedy Platinum this thread. They are sun loungers used the world over all probably vary marginally different as my three at my mothers holiday home are. They are used on hard surface and sand the world over. I suspect the beef is that it appears to be 100 a use which is still cheap frankly if you go to any other worldwide resort

If you're a fat bugger dont make your problem the vendors problem.....take a beach towel and sit on the sand

Edited by Chivas

16 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Comedy Platinum this thread. They are sun loungers used the world over all probably vary marginally different as my three at my mothers holiday home are. They are used on hard surface and sand the world over. I suspect the beef is that it appears to be 100 a use which is still cheap frankly if you go to any other worldwide resort

If you're a fat bugger dont make your problem the vendors problem.....take a beach towel and sit on the sand

What has any other worldwide resort got to do with it? The subject is in Pattaya, and I see you don't mind paying over 100% more for the same experience. Many do and the people that will suffer are the vendors.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What has any other worldwide resort got to do with it? The subject is in Pattaya, and I see you don't mind paying over 100% more for the same experience. Many do and the people that will suffer are the vendors.

Because I'm not a cheap charlie..... if you cant tell the difference between a deckchair and a proper sun lounger thats not my issue.....in addition on occasions its completely relevant to compare like with like and sun loungers in europe are certainly up to 3 times as expensive and I've used them in Skiathos

So I have no problem in paying double for a proper sun lounger experience if thats all right with you

100THB is OK for the whole day but not of you just want to sit down for a few hours. Why not have a choice anyway. Chairs and beds I personally want chairs but each to there own. And why not charge 10THB a hour that's a better idea of you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Didn't this initiative come from city hall?  If so why is there a sponsor at all.  Would have preferred to see the city logo and some sort of decorating consistant with being a resort in Thailand.  I mean why Chang.? Why not Singha? Why not Marlboro for that matter seeing how smoking is also banned?

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Dose anyone know of they are having them in Jomtien as well?

Maybe Pattaya beach is a testing ground and if they are successful they could end up in Jomtien and Wongamat too.

This weekend; Loy Krathong included; could be interesting.

100THB is OK for the whole day but not of you just want to sit down for a few hours. Why not have a choice anyway. Chairs and beds I personally want chairs but each to there own. And why not charge 10THB a hour that's a better idea of you ask me.

Well you can't drink alcohol or smoke or eat so you should end up actually being miles in front

On 31/10/2017 at 4:01 PM, LennyW said:

Pattaya beach is a pantomime that is set to run season after season!!

Not just Pattaya, Thailand is a pantomine......The land of 'trial and error'. Nothing is thought through because so few are able to think because so few (most educated abroad) are taught to think.

.....Oh, I nearly forgot; and even fewer give a **** anyway.

Edited by SunsetT

Not just Pattaya, Thailand is a pantomine......The land of 'trial and error'. Nothing is thought through because so few are able to think because so few (most educated abroad) are taught to think.

Judging by the thousands of expats who post about these matters it's aparantly a part of its vanishing 3rd world charm.. And here you are rushing it into 1st world thinking lol, that won't go down well with old timers

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
25 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Judging by the thousands of expats who post about these matters it's aparantly a part of its vanishing 3rd world charm.. And here you are rushing it into 1st world thinking lol, that won't go down well with old timers

They may be right. I can see both sides of the coin. Most Thais seem happy enough muddling along as they are. Well they were until we sold them Consumerism! And look what we educated are doing to the World! Are we as happy as the Thais. Maybe the old saying: 'Ignorance is bliss' is right.

"He said that the chairs were more suitable to a hard surface and when foreigners leaned they became unstable."

I guess if you were Thai and leaned the chairs would be stable.  Or do they mean that the foreigners became unstable when they leaned and not the chairs.

13 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

new chairs cleaned up beach,i bet the thais will charge more for everything for the cost incurred over it.also falling out of them is down to the brooze for sure

Is this brooze you talk about something that occurs when mixing the sea breeze with the local ale :)

11 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Well you can't drink alcohol or smoke or eat

so you should end up actually being miles in front

Why do you people continue to say that ???

You can't smoke on the beach, same as in public parks - true -

but there is nothing that forbid you to drink alcohol or to eat on the beach !

Seems to me a simple solution to a blistered tush from a sunbeat mattress would be to fold them in half until someone actually sits down...

Or am I missing something?

On an aside, I've never liked the foam filled, plastic sheathed pads since they seem to get waterlogged after a few weeks of sitting out in the rain, and get speckled with mildew about the same time...

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Seems to me a simple solution to a blistered tush from a sunbeat mattress would be to fold them in half until someone actually sits down...

Or am I missing something?

On an aside, I've never liked the foam filled, plastic sheathed pads since they seem to get waterlogged after a few weeks of sitting out in the rain, and get speckled with mildew about the same time...

The Thai solution will probably be to cut the legs off all the sunbeds.............:cheesy: