Several people killed by vehicle on New York City bike path

webfact

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I meant though .
Do you believe that there should be restrictions on Muslims entering the USA , like Trump does ? Or do you take the Obama stance ?

I'm not sure if the question was addressed to me, but no, like Trump, I don't believe there should be a ban on Muslims entering the US and I don't think anyone other than the extreme right are suggesting there should be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's a tiny subset of just about every religion out there who will call up ancient texts to justify despicable actions.  Like the KKK and other racists groups throughout their history.  And those guys who bombed the King David Hotel. 

Today, it's a tiny percentage of Muslims around the world that get all the press.  But they're certainly not unique.

What is the percentage breakdown of terrorist attacks in the world by religion?

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not sure if the question was addressed to me, but no, like Trump, I don't believe there should be a ban on Muslims entering the US and I don't think anyone other than the extreme right are suggesting there should be.

Ha ha, got mixed up.

Was replying to Berkshire :)

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So, you agree with Trumps travel ban on Muslims entering the USA ?

Trump's silly travel ban would turn more moderate Muslims already in America into radical jihadists....among other things.  Just about everything Trump wants to do makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

What is the percentage breakdown of terrorist attacks in the world by religion?

Here's the better question:  Divide that number by the world population of each religion and you'll find that filling any 50,000 seat stadium with random people from any given religion will result in less than a dozen terrorists.  Makes it hard to justify blaming (and taking it out on) the whole crowd.   It may be 5 Christians 3 Jews, a few Hindus and 10 Muslims- I don't know.  But the number will look really, really small.

You'll have to do your own Googling, though.  Google is blocked where I'm traveling right now, and firing up the VPN really slows things down.

48 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's a tiny subset of just about every religion out there who will call up ancient texts to justify despicable actions.  Like the KKK and other racists groups throughout their history.  And those guys who bombed the King David Hotel. 

Today, it's a tiny percentage of Muslims around the world that get all the press.  But they're certainly not unique.

They are quite unique these days though

How many terror attacks have the KKK or those guys that bombed the KD hotel in the 1940's carried out recently ?

Just now, impulse said:

Here's the better question:  Divide that number by the world population of each religion and you'll find that filling any 50,000 seat stadium with random people from any given religion will result in less than a dozen terrorists.  Makes it hard to justify blaming (and taking it out on) the whole crowd.   It may be 5 Christians 3 Jews, a few Hindus and 10 Muslims- I don't know.  But the number will look really, really small.

You'll have to do your own Googling, though.  Google is blocked where I'm traveling right now, and firing up the VPN really slows things down.

You're the one who tried to equivocate between religions: provide the proof. Feel free to prevaricate after you've answered the question. And cut the pathetic excuses.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

You're the one who tried to equivocate between religions: provide the proof. Feel free to prevaricate after you've answered the question. And cut the pathetic excuses.

Okay, let me be clear.  You want the answer.  You look it up.  Then come back when you know something.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Okay, let me be clear.  You want the answer.  You look it up.  Then come back when you know something.

No. You're the one making the preposterous claim that there is equivalence between islamic terrorism and other religious terrorism. Please provide the proof.

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

What you don't seem to understand is that if Islam did not exist, this terrorist incident (and others) would not have taken place.

What a very stupid comment,if my aunt would have had  balls etc.

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another "Allah Akbar" atrocity, and people try to defend these <deleted> ! 

Well, I've just started to read the four pages of replies. I wonder how soon the apologists will be out with the usual refrain: "it's not all Muslims" ?

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Riiiiiiight...........and what do you suggest these countries do with the millions of their citizens that follow that faith?

As I keep saying, just make them gradually less comfortable. I'd ban Halal meat for starters.

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well, I've just started to read the four pages of replies. I wonder how soon the apologists will be out with the usual refrain: "it's not all Muslims" ?

Maybe you could try living in a Muslim country and see if you change your stance. 

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's not all Muslims

49 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:
50 minutes ago, Grouse said:

As I keep saying, just make them gradually less comfortable. I'd ban Halal meat for starters.

Why not skip that part and go straight to Kristalnacht?

The west is still paying penance for the last time an entire religion was demonized, and will be for another hundred years.  

The BBC, as usual, manages to avoid all mention of Muslims or Islam or shouts of "Allahu Akbar" or anything unpleasant like that, with the exception of the coy aside:

A note was found in the truck that referred to so-called Islamic State, a law enforcement source told CBS News.

Imagine if this had been a white male mowing down ethnic minorities -- it would have been news fodder for months.

The BBC and other self-styled elites cosset Islamic terrorists because they see them as less of a threat to their own well-being than the large number of less "progressive" white citizens of their own countries.

This is seen every time these incidents occur, with the main source of BBC anxiety being to avoid an "Islamophobic backlash", whatever that means.

4 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

The BBC, as usual, manages to avoid all mention of Muslims or Islam or shouts of "Allahu Akbar" or anything unpleasant like that, with the exception of the coy aside:

A note was found in the truck that referred to so-called Islamic State, a law enforcement source told CBS News.

Imagine if this had been a white male mowing down ethnic minorities -- it would have been news fodder for months.

The BBC and other self-styled elites cosset Islamic terrorists because they see them as less of a threat to their own well-being than the large number of less "progressive" white citizens of their own countries.

This is seen every time these incidents occur, with the main source of BBC anxiety being to avoid an "Islamophobic backlash", whatever that means.

I'm glad the BBC doesn't play into the terrorists' hands, which is what you seem to want it to do.