Corner of Diana and 2nd road demolished

bkk6060

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, it will be on Soi Diana right across the street from those bars which are loud.

But, I am always surprised how many people buy places w/o checking them out.

Don't look at a condo at 1pm.  Better to go at 1am for the truth especially in this town.

I'm in the bar complex outside Papagayo quite often and I hate loud music, if that's the complex you mean, they aren't loud - and have a single music feed for all the bars, which helps too. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DefaultName said:

I'm in the bar complex outside Papagayo quite often and I hate loud music, if that's the complex you mean, they aren't loud - and have a single music feed for all the bars, which helps too. 

Ok, that is surprising as my buddy has a place at The Base facing south and he complains about the loud music from there at late hours.

Maybe he is getting spill over from LK area then.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Ok, that is surprising as my buddy has a place at The Base facing south and he complains about the loud music from there at late hours.

Maybe he is getting spill over from LK area then.

I can carry on a conversation there without shouting, which is pretty much my criteria for "not noisy".  Different people will have different acceptable levels. 

If quiet is very important, can I suggest that the middle of town may be the wrong place to live, up the hill, or Jomtien, may suit better. 

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha.  You don't like Kiss?  Just about the #1 spot for falang to take a Thai lady 24/7.

Hajaha Nop not much. Tims Pizza was way tastier..Kiss food on second road has a bunch of uninterested somewhat rude waiters and that boring menu thats been the same menu since they opened years back.Kiss food in Jomtien is somewhat a better choice.

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I dont mind if that Kiss food joint becomes another condo either.

Kiss is important as the basis of the most important measure of Pattaya's economics health: the Kiss Food & Drinks Indicator. As long as it stays crowded--as it always has been--then you can safely ignore all the DEAD and DYING utterances here and needn't lose the will to live.

Well, look thru the menu. Maybe you can find something you may have overlooked. http://www.kissfoodpattaya.com/

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Kiss is important as the basis of the most important measure of Pattaya's economics health: the Kiss Food & Drinks Indicator. As long as it stays crowded--as it always has been--then you can safely ignore all the DEAD and DYING utterances here and needn't lose the will to live.

Well, look thru the menu. Maybe you can find something you may have overlooked. http://www.kissfoodpattaya.com/

well since u are forcing me ok i will take theit half a chicken with fries and mayo. To avoid these rude waiters i pick it up myself in their kitchen.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, bkk6060 said:

Don't disagree but I do not think the Sansiri people are stupid.

The Base is always packed.  Mostly ST renters. I rent there full time, but people who bought have seen appreciation of approx. 1 million b in 1 1/ 2 years.

So, you are right it will add to the traffic zoo. But, that location is pretty darn good and if it is judged by The Base success, should do well.

If only that place yes, but there's probably hundreds more rooms being built behind Avenues.

23 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Oh, all change since 1994 has been negative in TVF Pattaya, after all. 

Which ones near the corner of 2nd Rd & Soi Diana? After you've identified them, pls tell us what danger they pose. 

Yup, Pattaya was really great in 1993, wasn't bad till this century and been going downhill ever since. Just try finding a DDG bar girl now- mission very difficult.

48 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

well since u are forcing me ok i will take theit half a chicken with fries and mayo. To avoid these rude waiters i pick it up myself in their kitchen.

Good choice. But just consider Kiss as a kind of fast food resto. Go get your own menu from the stack, order your half a chicken with fries and mayo at the cashier; a server will bring it out to you, no problem. After you've eaten, pay at the cashier. No tipping. :smile:

That's what I've done as needed. But I find the servers better in the past couple of years than previously. It was always amazing how they could look everywhere but at you when you wanted to order or pay. Masters of that art!

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If only that place yes, but there's probably hundreds more rooms being built behind Avenues.

And Sansiri just has no idea. Mere babes in the woods. Like, we all knew that Pattaya already had a Royal Garden and a Mike's before CPN planned and built CentralFestival. And what a white elephant that turned out to be--just as predicted, eh. Always deserted, shops all boarded up, lights turned off. The critical shopping bag count, regularly observed by our econometricians, has always hovered near zero. Yep, that's the kind of disaster that happens when these uneducated fools ignore the Only One Needed and Got One Already rules of TVF Economics. Some concerned poster needs to warn Sansiri before it's too late!!!

49 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Good choice. But just consider Kiss as a kind of fast food resto. Go get your own menu from the stack, order your half a chicken with fries and mayo at the cashier; a server will bring it out to you, no problem. After you've eaten, pay at the cashier. No tipping. :smile:

That's what I've done as needed. But I find the servers better in the past couple of years than previously. It was always amazing how they could look everywhere but at you when you wanted to order or pay. Masters of that art!

They dont care much probably cause most their customers arr tourists that will be gone the next week..but their branche in Jomtien there they are friendlier and even a smile now and then?

9 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

They dont care much probably cause most their customers arr tourists that will be gone the next week..but their branche in Jomtien there they are friendlier and even a smile now and then?

Same at the Naklua branch! It's . . . it's . . . normal!

I'm actually not a big Kiss diner eater--I eat at home, mainly, 'cause I wanna live longer--but do stop in on occasion. Now that all those new Sansiri residents will be regularly patronizing Kiss--of course--maybe 2nd Rd will finally get its act together. But then Pattaya will truly be unrecognizable. :smile:

28 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

I'm actually not a big Kiss diner eater--I eat at home, mainly, 'cause I wanna live longer--but do stop in on occasion. Now that all those new Sansiri residents will be regularly patronizing Kiss--of course--maybe 2nd Rd will finally get its act together. But then Pattaya will truly be unrecognizable. :smile:

All for the better?..

15 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I can carry on a conversation there without shouting, which is pretty much my criteria for "not noisy".  Different people will have different acceptable levels. 

If quiet is very important, can I suggest that the middle of town may be the wrong place to live, up the hill, or Jomtien, may suit better. 

Rented a south facing high floor condo in The Base for a month. Talking over the noisy bars below isn't a problem but trying to sleep before 2am is an issue. Heavy pedestrian traffic on narrow sidewalks or no sidewalks in the area and now more short term condos to be built. 

15 hours ago, JSixpack said:

It was always amazing how they could look everywhere but at you when you wanted to order or pay. Masters of that art!

Same here. I wonder if they realise there isn't a tip if they don't bring the bill.

• 4 months later...
On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Seemingly the Base Condo does not own the land their access road is on. //

You mean they had to make a lease on the land used for their access ??

What would happen if (in 30 years?) the owner refuses to renew the lease ? :unsure: 

• 4 weeks later...

It is rubble now and the sign just went up.

It is a Sansiri Condo project called "The Edge"

Pre sales announced.

Go get one boys and girls I bet it will be a good investment......

PS:  I live at The Base in an interior room.  But the noise from that project will be a bear for at least a year.  3 months of pileons banging could drive me insane.

Got to think of another plan. Pratumak any good?

On 4/4/2561 at 11:04 AM, Pattaya46 said:

You mean they had to make a lease on the land used for their access ??

What would happen if (in 30 years?) the owner refuses to renew the lease ? :unsure: 

Normally it's not a lease but an 'easement' or a right of way for the owners of enclosed land to use it for access, it'd be recorded in the deed of the land and condition passed on if the land is leased/sold on to next owners

On 11/27/2017 at 4:57 PM, JSixpack said:

An unbroken line of massage shops and Indian restaurants is Second Road's True Destiny.

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is rubble now and the sign just went up.

It is a Sansiri Condo project called "The Edge"

Pre sales announced.

Go get one boys and girls I bet it will be a good investment......

PS:  I live at The Base in an interior room.  But the noise from that project will be a bear for at least a year.  3 months of pileons banging could drive me insane.

Got to think of another plan. Pratumak any good?

From what I've heard The Edge is going to be very pricey.

14 hours ago, digbeth said:

Normally it's not a lease but an 'easement' or a right of way for the owners of enclosed land to use it for access, it'd be recorded in the deed of the land and condition passed on if the land is leased/sold on to next owners

Ok, I understand, but the "right of way for the owners of enclosed land" usually in Thailand only give the right for a narrow way just big enough to allow a vehicle. The Base access is currently way larger than that, with drive access in both ways and lot of space around. ??

The entrance to the new place will be interesting.  It is suppose to be 2 large buildings not enough depth to have a large entry area like The Base.  Soi Diana would not be practical.

The Base does have a very large area for entry lots of wasted land. My feeling is they may use The Base as the entry into the new buildings

3 hours ago, newnative said:

From what I've heard The Edge is going to be very pricey.

Very interesting, while not in the business I can understand a Cape Dara or equivalent on the water being pricey.

But who is going to support high end in this location ?

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Very interesting, while not in the business I can understand a Cape Dara or equivalent on the water being pricey.

But who is going to support high end in this location ?

My question, too.  And, from what I can tell, the majority of the units are very small 1 bedrooms--some only 26 sqm., smaller than the smallest 1 bedrooms at The Base.  Doesn't exactly spell high end to me.

Archived