Corner of Diana and 2nd road demolished

bkk6060

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of construction going on everywhere.  Just toured the showroom condotel models of a massive project called The Number One down near Reflection Condo on Jomtien Beach Road. Joint Chinese-Thai project that plans 5 highrises with around 1500 units. 

where once they pandered to (and scammed) the western tourist who was in the majority, we now see that in the great scheme of the Universe we were of little consequence....China, India and the "Musilman"sucking on his hookah reign supreme....not only the neighbourhoods but the demographics have drastically changed.

8 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I'm told that it's for a condo block. Same company as did The Base nearby apparently.

Just what Pattaya really needs: more half-empty condo blocks. :post-4641-1156694606:

Sansiri, the builder of The Base, is planning another condo project in Pattaya; I'm told it's going to be somewhere near The Base and will be higher end.  There may be 'half-empty condo blocks' but The Base is not one of them.  High-rise seaview condos in excellent locations are not standing half-empty. 

36 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I'm told that it's for a condo block. Same company as did The Base nearby apparently.

That will be a condo building for deaf people then. The noise from those bars/shacks in Soi Diana is extraordinary.

5 hours ago, newnative said:

Lots of construction going on everywhere.  Just toured the showroom condotel models of a massive project called The Number One down near Reflection Condo on Jomtien Beach Road. Joint Chinese-Thai project that plans 5 highrises with around 1500 units. 

That would be a great place for the Chinese Walking Street, away from everyone else.

Just now, TunnelRat69 said:

That would be a great place for the Chinese Walking Street, away from everyone else.

The Base now is 90% Chinese mostly ST rentals.

Your idea is actually brilliant.  Make it a Chinese only shopping/entertainment area with a hotel.  It would do very well I think.

No flags required!

4 hours ago, newnative said:

Sansiri, the builder of The Base, is planning another condo project in Pattaya; I'm told it's going to be somewhere near The Base and will be higher end.  There may be 'half-empty condo blocks' but The Base is not one of them.  High-rise seaview condos in excellent locations are not standing half-empty. 

Judging by the amount of rooms at The Base being touted on agoda, airbnb and the like, I can assume that the 50% owner-occupied figures are getting a big boost from the buy-to-rent crowd?

Hard to determine what Sansiri consider 'high-end' though. Maybe longer stay, agoda, airbnb'ers and the like?

The Bronx Pizza did major renovations within the past year.  I was surprised last week when I noticed it was shut down.  Another new condo in the area suits me fine.  Rent has been falling in the area due to availability and this will help it fall some more.

9 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Amazing to me what occupies the minds of some of us.....there is so much to ponder about in this wonderful universe.

Thousands of mongers in nursing homes across Europe sometimes rock a little harder in their chairs when they ponder the activities they once enjoyed in the rooms at Diana Inn.

The buffet on Christmas mornings was always crowded.

57 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Thousands of mongers in nursing homes across Europe sometimes rock a little harder in their chairs when they ponder the activities they once enjoyed in the rooms at Diana Inn.

Some of us are still here and not yet quite in need of nursing.

I stayed in Diana Inn right back when it first opened. Must be around 30-35 years ago, if not more.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Some of us are still here and not yet quite in need of nursing.

I stayed in Diana Inn right back when it first opened. Must be around 30-35 years ago, if not more.

I stayed there 30 years ago, and it certainly was not new then.

Although the Green Bottle had just opened.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Judging by the amount of rooms at The Base being touted on agoda, airbnb and the like, I can assume that the 50% owner-occupied figures are getting a big boost from the buy-to-rent crowd?

Hard to determine what Sansiri consider 'high-end' though. Maybe longer stay, agoda, airbnb'ers and the like?

I wasn't commenting on the types of owners when I stated that highrise seaview condos in excellent locations are not standing half empty. 

When The Base was first being planned, a number of years ago, Airbnb was not the force that it is today, not to mention all the other on-line booking services.  With its appealing location and large number of small 29 to 35 sqm units, The Base ended up being a mecca for daily/weekly rentals, illegal though they are.  Many other Pattaya condos are also dealing with the problem of illegal short-term renters that make things so unpleasant for long-term renters and owner-residents.

I think a higher end condo project for Sansiri would be more like what they built at Baan Plai Haad in Wongamat.  Compared to The Base, BPH has larger 1 bedrooms, more 2 bedrooms, and some large 3 bedrooms and duplexes. Instead of 1100 units, under 400 units.  But, still 2 big pools even with  the fewer units.  Instead of majority prices in the 3-6MB range, as with The Base, at a higher end Sansiri project like BPH they will be around 8-10MB and up.  Even at the higher end there will likely be some short term renters--they seem to be unavoidable.

Archived