Corner of Diana and 2nd road demolished

bkk6060

On 11/26/2017 at 6:09 PM, bkk6060 said:

Yes this is so true

Yes, people say there are many units on the market, which is true.

But, not many like what Sansiri has built.  Check out The Base or Baan Plai for yourself.

I had a friend come to my place at The Base and his first reaction was: Just like Vegas..

If one likes new upgraded environment at admittedly a higher price, Sansiri does a pretty good job.

Things like my internet and TV and new wiring very fast never a shut down or loss of connection.

The Kodi and etc. work great here always clear with no disruptions. 

Sansiri seems to have their act together.

What are you on about? The base is not a high end condo, it's made for the masses. With big developers this is quite easy to figure out by names they give to their buildings. "The Base" is pretty much bottom of the barrel regarding construction and finishes.

Now, it certainly is a good investment because of airBnB rentals which I thought were illegal. If you bought in this building for your own enjoyment, I'd be angry beyond belief. If you bought it to rent to Chinese, good on ya.

I wonder, though, how will this building look like in 5 years with hordes of strangers without a pride of ownership destroying the place.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What are you on about? The base is not a high end condo, it's made for the masses. With big developers this is quite easy to figure out by names they give to their buildings. "The Base" is pretty much bottom of the barrel regarding construction and finishes.

Now, it certainly is a good investment because of airBnB rentals which I thought were illegal. If you bought in this building for your own enjoyment, I'd be angry beyond belief. If you bought it to rent to Chinese, good on ya.

I wonder, though, how will this building look like in 5 years with hordes of strangers without a pride of ownership destroying the place.

Clueless jealousy and unable to afford it will create these type of comments.

Hear them all the time from the 4,000 b a month Soi Buakhowers.......

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Clueless jealousy and unable to afford it will create these type of comments.

Hear them all the time from the 4,000 b a month Soi Buakhowers.......

What a bunch of crapola, rofl

Come up with a better argument than the usual jealousy. It's not like we are talking Ritz here.

I have seen the inside of The Base. Cheap finishes, cheap kitchen with lobby and swimming pool to impress. Like I said, The Base is bottom of the barrel construction for the masses. There was actually a Thai web site which I'll try to find for the ignoramuses like you which rated these buildings from common to ultra luxury. The Base is right there near the bottom. 

BTW, I don't live in Pattaya. I go there with wife every month when she's free from work and stayed in at least 40 different hotels and serviced residences since 2013 (thanks to my credit card points). Please don't tell me I am jealous of a 3 million 30sqf condos. I even said it's a good investment if your sole purpose is renting it to Chinese.

I dunno why my comment made you angry? Maybe cuz it's true.

50 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I dunno why my comment made you angry? Maybe cuz it's true.

HAHA.  I don't get angry at anonymous admitted tourists on the internet who don't live here and have to stay in hotels with no idea.

Pretty funny though, keep those online copies of nonsense coming. 

PS:  My condo is recently on the market for 4.8 m b.  Which I guess would put it in the Luxury class.  Like I said:  No clue.

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA.  I don't get angry at anonymous admitted tourists on the internet who don't live here and have to stay in hotels with no idea.

PS:  My condo is recently on the market for 4.8 m b.  Which I guess would put it in the Luxury class.  Like I said:  No clue.

Actually, no. That price tag keeps it within the "Main" category according to that article.

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually, no. That price tag keeps it within the "Main" category according to that article.

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes and you conveniently forgot to type how many square meters cuz there are plenty of 30sqm shoe-boxes in this building being sold for around 3mil mark. 

And we all know the asking price in Thailand means nothing. Perhaps you are angry because you can't sell?

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

The chart you are referencing places condos in classes based on their price per square meter.  The Base condo project you highlighted above might be one located in Bangkok.  The Base Central Pattaya project, based (HAHA) on Hipflat data, has an average square meter price of 112,249, so it would fall comfortably into the High Class slot on your chart.  

Ah.... I was so waiting for this gem of denial.

The article was written in 2011. Surely, the prices have appreciated in 7 years or are you saying otherwise?

The Base condos in Bangkok sell for same or more than Pattaya. 

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The article was written in 2011. Surely, the prices have appreciated in 7 years or are you saying otherwise?

So you post a 7 year old chart when the property we are referring to is 2 years old??

HAHA, your credibility is sinking fast......

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So you post a 7 year old chart when the property we are referring to is 2 years old??

HAHA, your credibility is sinking fast......

Ok, no problem. Enjoy your "luxury" condo.

There's also one in Udon Thani for discriminating hiso class Farang clientele 

we are all jealous

rofl

The problem with a lot of these places are that they are in the middle of...not so salubrious areas.. Hard to call them luxury amidst all that.

Then with the masses attending c/o AirBnB and the like, the air of luxury and exclusivity has all but vanished. 1112 units??

Clearly for the masses.

Calling a 29 sq. m. space with a sliding door a one bedroom apartment?

We cannot call this a luxury development.

Somewhere like https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/the-cove-qsmcjs can be considered a luxury development. 100 units

Still a possibility of a community of sorts and space for living.

But like most things in Pattaya, you can't get away from the surroundings.

14 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

The problem with a lot of these places are that they are in the middle of...not so salubrious areas.. Hard to call them luxury amidst all that.

Indeed, areas like Pattaya, Bangkok or Thailand. Sort of takes the wind out of boasting when you're in a (backwards) developing country.

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Umm,  I believe you're the one who posted the old article and crowed about where The Base was slotted.  Yes, the prices have appreciated--which flies against all the postings on Thai Visa moaning and groaning how condo prices in Thailand only go down and never up.   Nice of you to admit that, "Surely, the prices have appreciated..."   And, by the way, according to Hipflat two of The Base projects in Bangkok sell for less per square meter than Pattaya's (100,166 and 64,108) and only one listed, Park East Sukumvit 77, sells for more at 119,052.

At the same time, it's not about looking down on anyone.

I'm not interested in getting involved in that.

I might prefer more simple accommodation, but at the beachfront.

Someone else, more modern conveniences with different concerns as to location.

I certainly wouldn't object if someone offered me a Penthouse at The Base at a reasonable price.

This discussion is purely subjective and not meant to denigrate in any way.

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Umm,  I believe you're the one who posted the old article and crowed about where The Base was slotted.  Yes, the prices have appreciated--which flies against all the postings on Thai Visa moaning and groaning how condo prices in Thailand only go down and never up.   Nice of you to admit that, "Surely, the prices have appreciated..."   And, by the way, according to Hipflat two of The Base projects in Bangkok sell for less per square meter than Pattaya's (100,166 and 64,108) and only one listed, Park East Sukumvit 77, sells for more at 119,052.

I am not in the crowd who whines about real estate prices not going up in Thailand.

I am also not in the crowd where I claim real estate is a bad investment in Thailand.

I also said The Base (in Pattaya) is a great investment as long as the management allows Chinese to demolish the place. I don't really care.... I don't live there.

I am just saying that calling The Base a luxury development is preposterous.... and yet.... despite all the evidence the resident Pattaya flipper who can't sell his place is still trying  to convince me otherwise, 

30 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I disagree. Many places have lost value since 2011...probably all. It's a different market now. Sure, on paper they may have held value, but try to sell them.

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I am not in the crowd who whines about real estate prices not going up in Thailand.

I am also not in the crowd where I claim real estate is a bad investment in Thailand.

I also said The Base (in Pattaya) is a great investment as long as the management allows Chinese to demolish the place. I don't really care.... I don't live there.

I am just saying that calling The Base a luxury development is preposterous.... and yet.... despite all the evidence the resident Pattaya flipper who can't sell his place is still trying  to convince me otherwise, 

Actually, I easily sold the one condo I owned at The Base sometime ago, at a nice profit.  Pity I didn't buy several while I was at it.

Posts in Thai Language have been removed.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

For some reason, you're getting totally hung up on the word "luxury". It's a subjective description and has no fixed meaning in regard to accommodation. Also, what's considered luxury in Thailand could be considered very 2nd rate in developed countries. You can classify luxury any way you please. I'm living in a "luxury" Pattaya condo that could be considered a dump where I come from.

Also, developers will use the word loosely in order to gain reputation for a condo development.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

4.8 mil gets you 100 square metres on Pratumnak hill with AirBnB banned by excellent professional management committee working with professional management group/juristic person. I am surrounded by empty tower block with less than 10% -20% occupancy.

On 26/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, bkk6060 said:

I had a friend come to my place at The Base and his first reaction was: Just like Vegas..

I guess he has never been to Vegas then, because the base is about the cheapest interior finishing I have seen in very long time.

Plastic flooring, electric cooker with those black round hot plates, haha luxury. More like postwar England, but I can understand that many of the soi Buakhow tourists feel at home there.

35 minutes ago, The manic said:

4.8 mil gets you 100 square metres on Pratumnak hill with AirBnB banned by excellent professional management committee working with professional management group/juristic person. I am surrounded by empty tower block with less than 10% -20% occupancy.

Riverside is much cheaper then Santa Monica.

Sure 10-20% because no one wants to be there.

What is the life?  Catching a ride to do anything??

I know about Pratumak.  Everyone I know who lives there is in central most of the time for a life. A total bore.

Unless one is a fatso who sits in their room online all day...... 

There is a true concept of quality of life/time called location, location, location.

Whatever, some of us have a life greater meaning of excitement then walking to 7-11.

Glad you like that life style though.....

47 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I guess he has never been to Vegas then, because the base is about the cheapest interior finishing I have seen in very long time.

Plastic flooring, electric cooker with those black round hot plates, haha luxury. More like postwar England, but I can understand that many of the soi Buakhow tourists feel at home there.

I have no doubt he had been in Vegas, perhaps visited this magnificent Hyper-Luxury abode:

kings-row-trailer-park-las-vegas-nv-04.j 

On 11/1/2017 at 9:01 PM, NanLaew said:

And in news just in... 1,838,742 cockroaches soon to be rendered homeless.

Not to worry.

They discovered a corner restaurant just across the street.

Now all they need to do is figure out a safe crossing.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Seemingly the Base Condo does not own the land their access road is on.

Buying the old Diana Inn, means more condos and will also solve the access problem.

Lets hope we get a pavement on both sides LOL

Sorry but that would be futile.

The rest of the street has zero pedestrian accessibility.

Archived