Corner of Diana and 2nd road demolished

bkk6060

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2018 at 7:12 AM, newnative said:

Yes.  Prices beginning at 4 million baht for a 26 sqm, likely no seaview, studio with no balcony.   And, I think that's Thai name price. Foreign quota I believe is around 4.6MB.   Good location but the foreign quota pricing I believe is starting around 180,000 baht a sqm.  

My partner and I have never paid more than 100,000 baht a sqm for any studio or 1 bedrooms, off-plan or already built, and that includes an off-plan studio pied-a-terre we are now buying at a good location near Makkasan station in Bangkok; and 1 bedroom high floor seaview condos we bought and sold at a profit at The Base, Centric Sea, and Unixx.  The Base was around 85,000 baht a sqm. and Centric Sea and Unixx around 71,000 baht/sqm.   The Edge numbers won't work with what we do.

Thos Sansiri Condos 100 percent foreigner owned?  The Base etc?

8 hours ago, whitethai said:

Thos Sansiri Condos 100 percent foreigner owned?  The Base etc?

I don't know what percentage of The Base is currently owned by foreigners and by Thais.  Initially, there were a lot of Thai buyers.  We sold our Base condo to a Thai buyer.

42 minutes ago, newnative said:

I don't know what percentage of The Base is currently owned by foreigners and by Thais.  Initially, there were a lot of Thai buyers.  We sold our Base condo to a Thai buyer.

I rent here and have been since it opened.

Very little Falang owners mostly Chinese and Thai some Korea and Japan.

I know a wealthy Thai couple from BKK who bought 6 places here renting all of them.

Another Chinese from Taiwan who apparently has 20 places.  Rents all of them LT and illegally ST has a manager here who takes care of things.

Overall I would say the owners who live here full-time are very minimal.

I like my room the view, internet is very good my owner put in a couple of 50" TV's.  But as I have mentioned before it is basically a hotel now 100's of ST coming everyday.  

45 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I rent here and have been since it opened.

Very little Falang owners mostly Chinese and Thai some Korea and Japan.

I know a wealthy Thai couple from BKK who bought 6 places here renting all of them.

Another Chinese from Taiwan who apparently has 20 places.  Rents all of them LT and illegally ST has a manager here who takes care of things.

Overall I would say the owners who live here full-time are very minimal.

I like my room the view, internet is very good my owner put in a couple of 50" TV's.  But as I have mentioned before it is basically a hotel now 100's of ST coming everyday.  

Likely The Edge will function as a hotel, as well, unless they put in, from the get-go,  strictly monitored fingerprint technology that only allows changing fingerprint access once a month.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Likely The Edge will function as a hotel, as well, unless they put in, from the get-go,  strictly monitored fingerprint technology that only allows changing fingerprint access once a month.

Oh, no doubt it will.

Function as a hotels I mean.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

But as I have mentioned before it is basically a hotel now 100's of ST coming everyday.  

This is one crackdown I'd like to see. Drive the Chinese to real hotels somewhere .. in Sattahip preferably. Won't happen as the right palms have been greased.

So..

Got some more info. just this morning.

37 floors and over 600 units.

One building it will be set away from 2nd road with entry off 2nd road.

It will be a "luxury plus" environment.  All eminities and interiors high end.

1 1/2 years to buildout.

Prices from 4 million( which i am told will only be a handful of units) to 30 million on the Penthouse floor. Most of the mid building units in the 7 to 10 million range.

Now the intersting part is they have already sold over 50%.  A large Hong company came in and bought the top 2 floors.  Many other corporations are buying 10 to 20 units, or entire floors.  Mostly Chinese at this point.

So goes it.  Like I said I think the place will be a great investment and probably sell out prior to being completed.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So..

1 1/2 years to buildout.

Prices from 4 million( which i am told will only be a handful of units) to 30 million on the Penthouse floor. Most of the mid building units in the 7 to 10 million range.

Now the intersting part is they have already sold over 50%.  A large Hong company came in and bought the top 2 floors.  Many other corporations are buying 10 to 20 units, or entire floors.  Mostly Chinese at this point.

So goes it.  Like I said I think the place will be a great investment and probably sell out prior to being completed.

The mid-building units in the 7 to 10MB range would be the 48 and 60sqm 2 bedrooms--two on each floor in the front.  Some floors have the 48sqm units and some the 60.  

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So..

1 1/2 years to buildout.

Just took another look at the information that Sansiri sent me and it shows a single tower of 31 stories. There might be some low buildings in front--there were some gray areas on the plan that looked like they could be buildings but they weren't marked.  Condos seem to start on floor 5, although they didn't have floorplans for floors 3 and 4.  Maybe parking. 

No 'penthouse floor' indicated on the floorplans and no penthouse unit-largest unit is the 60sqm 2 bedroom.  Top floor, 31, has only a pool and some green area.  Gym, sky lounge, social room, and a 'leisure pool' are on floor 30, plus 5 studios of 32sqm.  Perhaps a buyer bought all 5 studios to make one large unit--that would qualify as a penthouse as it's the highest floor with condos.  The 5 studios would probably run around 30MB.

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 7:04 PM, bkk6060 said:

I assume a black light of those rooms would show a whole lot of fun. ?

You remember what you paid your first visit?  For the room?

I stayed there on my first visit to Pattaya in Feb 1990.

Paid 250 baht, just a fan, no TV, just a water vase.

Although there were better rooms.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:51 PM, Psimbo said:

I hate to threadjack ths back to the original subject but the Dianna Inn was the first place i ever stayed in pattaya, way back in 1989. Green Bottle Pub downstairs used to do a great steak.

If it is being turned into Condos it would not be a location of my choice. I have noticed that that area and north along Second Road seems to be a bit of an Indian ghetto now.

The Dianna group used to be everywhere- have they simply sold out and faded away or still up and running?.

They used to be into a lot of things the Diana Group, can't see much on the internet now.

I stayed in  the Diana Inn many times from 1990 to 2002.

Only been to Thailand once since then in 2012, where I stayed there again, planning on another trip shortly, on looking found it was gone.

Very sad news.

Archived