Two Frenchmen Arrested After Atm Card Robbery In South Pattaya.

britmaveric

QUOTE(Jai Dee @ 2007-01-12 09:55:06) *

The worst of the racist comments have been deleted from this thread.

Really? This must have made pretty shameful reading before then! Never knew there was so much inherent racism among ThaiVisa members...

This thread is quickly turning into the kind of trash that often happens when something of this nature is emailed out to the entire email database. It's unfortunate really because it stops people who want to discuss the topic sensibly from having their say.

On another point, I agree with the people who have pointed out how bizarre it is that these suspects were taken back to their hotel rooms!

Agreed with all the above

Really? This must have made pretty shameful reading before then! Never knew there was so much inherent racism among ThaiVisa members...[/b]

This thread is quickly turning into the kind of trash that often happens when something of this nature is emailed out to the entire email database. It's unfortunate really because it stops people who want to discuss the topic sensibly from having their say.

On another point, I agree with the people who have pointed out how bizarre it is that these suspects were taken back to their hotel rooms!

Then you have not been paying attention. Just read any other thread on this site. :o

What else was the point of this thread?

names.

What has that got to do with the fact that they are a pair of theiving <deleted> and deserve what's due to them. "nuff said"

Its got quite a lot to do with it. Remember the Paris riots just over a year ago?

Its the N. African contingent who don't like being made to obey sovereign law of a country that they try to corrode and take advantage of from within.

They'll get theirs here, hopefully. :o

Let's just stick with the facts: Two foreign criminals thought it would be a good idea to follow their trade in Thailand and are now being taught that that wasn't such a good idea. Great! I like it when police do their job, all too many times they are seen as slacking and/or incompetent, one of the main causes of problems in this country.

As for them being from a certain nation / ethnicity - it's irrelevant. Really. People are people, the world over. Especially expats should know this - look around you in this "exotic" country, so many things are different - until you look at all the things that are the same and realize that the differences exist at the most shallow level only. Much more is the same than is different, even in this far corner of the world.

Really? This must have made pretty shameful reading before then! Never knew there was so much inherent racism among ThaiVisa members...[/b]

Then you have not been paying attention. Just read any other thread on this site. :o

I know what you mean, I guess what I was trying to say was that this thread even exceeds the usual alarmingly high levels.

Public Warning: any poster making racist comments will be suspended.

Please see the Forum Rules.

/Edit - thanks to the members who reported the offending posts.

Then read again, a lot more deleting and suspending to be made!

names.

What has that got to do with the fact that they are a pair of theiving <deleted> and deserve what's due to them. "nuff said"

Its got quite a lot to do with it. Remember the Paris riots just over a year ago?

Its the N. African contingent who don't like being made to obey sovereign law of a country that they try to corrode and take advantage of from within.

They'll get theirs here, hopefully. :o

For your education there is no such things as north-african in France. People born in France are French. This is not the US or the UK. Those who created trouble in Paris last year were born in France probably from parents who where themselves born in France. This is not the place to discuss why there was unrest in the deprived estate bordering Paris, but it has litle to do with sovereign law...

So many racist and prejudiced comments here show once more, if it was needed, that being an expact does not always open minds and improve tolearnce or intelligence.

[sandy]

Edited by s.pylos

"Both suspects were later taken to their Hotel rooms and we understand the investigation is ongoing at this time."

Why not take them to a body-to-body massage, maybe with a little welcome cocktail ? :o

I think what they meant to say was that they made them take police to their hotel rooms so that police could search their belongings for evidence of more criminal activity, then had them check out and took them to new quarters at Pattaya rong pak. At least I hope so.

I'm glad they caught them. It''s good that the police are doing their job well. If they hadn't been I.D.'d and caught who would have been the prime suspects in most peoples minds?

Edited by Robski

I am pleased that these 2 ba****ds have been caught.

They tried to scam me at an ATM in Pattaya last February. Same 2 guys as I recognise them from the photo

For those that are interested, here is a copy of what I posted on the Pattaya Secrets board when I joined it later in the year:

As a newbie I am not sure whether this is the correct place to post this but I thought you all may be interested in this letter that I sent to Pattaya Mail a few months ago now. They printed the letter so some of you may have read it but for those that didn't, and those that do not live here and are planning a trip, beware when you go to the hole in the wall to top up the TGF's purse!

Dear PattayaMail

I thought I would write to inform you of a recent experience that I had at an ATM machine in Pattaya 2nd Rd near Soi Pattayaland 1, as you may wish to warn your readers of an obvious scam operation that fortunately did not succeed on me.

I live and work in Jomtien and have an account with Siam Commercial Bank. Unfortunately my mother in England recently died and I had to hurriedly arrange a return trip to attend her funeral. I had collected my air ticket from the travel agent and before booking my taxi to the airport for the next day I stopped at the ATM concerned to withdraw 5000 baht.

I observed my usual caution when entering my pin No. and duly recieved my money, however when I walked away from the machine and was about to cross 2nd Rd a tall farang man who I believe to be French ran up to me waving a 1000 baht note telling me that the machine was still paying out money and that I needed to return to the machine to "Conclude my transaction". Naturally my first reaction, which is what the scammers rely on, was that the guy was very honest and obviously, not thinking too clearly, I was concerned that my money was still being paid out.

I walked back to the machine where another French guy was standing who told me that I should replace my ATM card, type in my Pin No and press some buttons to conclude my transaction. Probably because my mind was on other things I foolishly did so and did not take my usual precaution of concealing my Pin No. The result was that the machine "swallowed" my card and the 2nd guy kept telling me to type in my Pin No. again which again I did as I was now desperate to get my card back as I was leaving for the airport in the morning and had about 100,000 baht in my account.

The 2nd guy then put his own card in the machine, which I assume was to clone mine, and whilst he and his friend were chatting to me, I glanced over my shoulder and noticed that he deliberately covered the display screen with his hand by pretending to lean on the machine.

Another thing I recalled after the event was that the first guy was pretending to read an advert in the window of the adjoining shop and was writing something down in a small notebook, presumably my Pin No that was being conveyed to him by his partner by way of hand signals behind my back.

After what seemed an eternity, and when I was about to walk away faced with having to visit my bank at 8.30 in the morning to cancel my card, my card emerged from the machine which I obviously put in my wallet and walked away leaving the 2 guys still at the machine.

All this happened very quickly and at the time I did not suspect anything as my main concern was retrieving my card.

As I walked away I suspected that these 2 "Good Samaritans" were up to something and were relying on the 1000baht bait and quick talking to make you drop your guard. Praying that they did not do anything with the cloned card too quickly, I raced like something possessed to the large Siam Commercial Bank on 2nd Rd and immediately changed my Pin No and when the bank opened next morning, as an added security as I was leaving the country for at least 2 weeks, I transferred the entire contents of my account to another account as I did not know whether these guys had the technology to override the fact that I had changed my Pin No.

Of course it could have all been genuine and I had encountered 2 of the most honest and helpful Frenchmen in Pattaya but should you choose to print this letter, I will leave your readers to decide.

My advice is that if the same thing happens to anyone else they should take the offered "bait"of 1000baht but decline to return to the machine and tell the guys that they will sort it out with their bank and then take the nearest policeman to meet them!!

Yours sincerely

etc....

A couple of weeks after the PM printed this, a Dutch guy wrote in and said that his mate had been scammed in Jomtien by the same 2 frogs. He wasn't so lucky and they cleaned his Thai bank a/c of about 400K AND persuaded him to put his Dutch bank card in the machine and deprived him of over 100,000 Euros.

Som Na Na You have been warned!!!

So now they have been caught, perhaps I should offer them the 1000 baht that I gained to go towards their legal representation!!

Two Frenchmen arrested after ATM card robbery in South Pattaya.

11_01_3.jpg

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai from Pattaya Police Station received an urgent complaint from Mr. Karl Huber aged 59 from Germany on Thursday Afternoon. He stated that he had just been robbed by two foreign men as he withdrew money from a Krungthai Bank ATM Machine opposite the Lek Hotel on Pattaya Second Road. He explained that three men approached from behind and snatched Mr. Huber's ATM card from the machine and ran away. Descriptions of the three men were given to Police who managed to locate two of them nearby. Mr. Nabil Hamdikene aged 32 and Mr. Haseem Hagrim aged 26, both French nationals, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and identified by the German victim. The stolen MasterCard was recovered from one of the suspects and a machine used to scan ATM card magnetic strips was found in a bag belonging to the other suspect. Both suspects were later taken to their Hotel rooms and we understand the investigation is ongoing at this time.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 11th January 2007

They tried to scam me at an ATM in Pattaya last February. Same 2 guys as I recognise them from the photo

For those that are interested, here is a copy of what I posted on the Pattaya Secrets board when I joined it later in the year:

As a newbie I am not sure whether this is the correct place to post this but I thought you all may be interested in this letter that I sent to Pattaya Mail a few months ago now. They printed the letter so some of you may have read it but for those that didn't, and those that do not live here and are planning a trip, beware when you go to the hole in the wall to top up the TGF's purse!

Dear PattayaMail

I thought I would write to inform you of a recent experience that I had at an ATM machine in Pattaya 2nd Rd near Soi Pattayaland 1, as you may wish to warn your readers of an obvious scam operation that fortunately did not succeed on me.

I live and work in Jomtien and have an account with Siam Commercial Bank. Unfortunately my mother in England recently died and I had to hurriedly arrange a return trip to attend her funeral. I had collected my air ticket from the travel agent and before booking my taxi to the airport for the next day I stopped at the ATM concerned to withdraw 5000 baht.

I observed my usual caution when entering my pin No. and duly recieved my money, however when I walked away from the machine and was about to cross 2nd Rd a tall farang man who I believe to be French ran up to me waving a 1000 baht note telling me that the machine was still paying out money and that I needed to return to the machine to "Conclude my transaction". Naturally my first reaction, which is what the scammers rely on, was that the guy was very honest and obviously, not thinking too clearly, I was concerned that my money was still being paid out.

I walked back to the machine where another French guy was standing who told me that I should replace my ATM card, type in my Pin No and press some buttons to conclude my transaction. Probably because my mind was on other things I foolishly did so and did not take my usual precaution of concealing my Pin No. The result was that the machine "swallowed" my card and the 2nd guy kept telling me to type in my Pin No. again which again I did as I was now desperate to get my card back as I was leaving for the airport in the morning and had about 100,000 baht in my account.

The 2nd guy then put his own card in the machine, which I assume was to clone mine, and whilst he and his friend were chatting to me, I glanced over my shoulder and noticed that he deliberately covered the display screen with his hand by pretending to lean on the machine.

Another thing I recalled after the event was that the first guy was pretending to read an advert in the window of the adjoining shop and was writing something down in a small notebook, presumably my Pin No that was being conveyed to him by his partner by way of hand signals behind my back.

After what seemed an eternity, and when I was about to walk away faced with having to visit my bank at 8.30 in the morning to cancel my card, my card emerged from the machine which I obviously put in my wallet and walked away leaving the 2 guys still at the machine.

All this happened very quickly and at the time I did not suspect anything as my main concern was retrieving my card.

As I walked away I suspected that these 2 "Good Samaritans" were up to something and were relying on the 1000baht bait and quick talking to make you drop your guard. Praying that they did not do anything with the cloned card too quickly, I raced like something possessed to the large Siam Commercial Bank on 2nd Rd and immediately changed my Pin No and when the bank opened next morning, as an added security as I was leaving the country for at least 2 weeks, I transferred the entire contents of my account to another account as I did not know whether these guys had the technology to override the fact that I had changed my Pin No.

Of course it could have all been genuine and I had encountered 2 of the most honest and helpful Frenchmen in Pattaya but should you choose to print this letter, I will leave your readers to decide.

My advice is that if the same thing happens to anyone else they should take the offered "bait"of 1000baht but decline to return to the machine and tell the guys that they will sort it out with their bank and then take the nearest policeman to meet them!!

Yours sincerely

etc....

A couple of weeks after the PM printed this, a Dutch guy wrote in and said that his mate had been scammed in Jomtien by the same 2 frogs. He wasn't so lucky and they cleaned his Thai bank a/c of about 400K AND persuaded him to put his Dutch bank card in the machine and deprived him of over 100,000 Euros.

So now they have been caught, perhaps I should offer them the 1000 baht that I gained to go towards their legal representation!!

What you should do is inform the Police about this. There have been other reported matters similar to yours.If you can positively ID these two, then I urge you to go to the Police and tell them

Dear PattayaMail

Yours sincerely

etc....

What you should do is inform the Police about this. There have been other reported matters similar to yours.If you can positively ID these two, then I urge you to go to the Police and tell them

I was considering doing just that.

Trouble is as they did not succeed in taking any money from me, it would be my word against their's and I am not sure whether the police will be interested.

It will be worth popping into the police station however.

What a surprise - in Pattaya for a change ;-)

:o:D:D

Surprisingly I happen to think that Pattaya is a fantastic place to live - I do however tend to generally stay away from the Beach Road/Tourist areas

Pattaya can be great when you go uphill and do all your sports in expensive private clubs and get up at 6AM to avoid all those really cheap tourists. But when you do that, then you pay as much as you would in almost any country, I tried it.

Congrats and thanks to Thai Visa Editor for the mass email to all TV members this morning. Now hundreds are looking at the Pattaya forum which is always nice. Our little corner can always use the attention. :o

It's fashionable to criticize Thai police, tourist police, and government worldwide. A favorite pastime on Thai forums to say the least. What must be noted is that in quite a few cases, the police successfully catch the suspects in record time with just a little description and a crime scene location. Pattaya arguably in high season now and the streets are swelling with white and dark skinned tourists, many of whom look alike, right? Astute tracking ability for the police then.

Then the police catch the suspects within minutes of the crime being reported in this case. Sometimes quite far from the scene of the crime and sometimes even when the suspects have split up to head in different areas of the city! Why don't the suspects run into a meter taxi and/or lounge on a beach chair behind some abandoned restaurant in Rayong is beyond me? Why they hang out in central Pattaya or visit gold shops to pawn their stolen merchandise is again beyond me. ;)

I'm very impressed with the police work most of the time and now with the spotlight today on the Pattaya Forum, I hope many of the members from other TV forums know that despite the common crimes here, the police are pretty quick and efficient....when they want to be. :D

:o:D :D :D :D :bah: :bah:

11_01_3.jpg

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai from Pattaya Police Station received an urgent complaint from Mr. Karl Huber aged 59 from Germany on Thursday Afternoon. He stated that he had just been robbed by two foreign men as he withdrew money from a Krungthai Bank ATM Machine opposite the Lek Hotel on Pattaya Second Road. He explained that three men approached from behind and snatched Mr. Huber’s ATM card from the machine and ran away. Descriptions of the three men were given to Police who managed to locate two of them nearby. Mr. Nabil Hamdikene aged 32 and Mr. Haseem Hagrim aged 26, both French nationals, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and identified by the German victim. The stolen MasterCard was recovered from one of the suspects and a machine used to scan ATM card magnetic strips was found in a bag belonging to the other suspect. Both suspects were later taken to their Hotel rooms and we understand the investigation is ongoing at this time.

-Pattaya City News

I can't believe the racist B.S. that I have been reading.

You know many years ago when there weren't so many of us here, we used to have to all work together as we had no rights and if we didn't stick together we could get picked off one by one. Then it didn't matter where you were from we all worked together like the 3 musketeers ( one for all and all for one ).

Lucky you are in Thailand were most people are very good to us but like any where in the world you have to be careful.

11_01_3.jpg

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai from Pattaya Police Station received an urgent complaint from Mr. Karl Huber aged 59 from Germany on Thursday Afternoon. He stated that he had just been robbed by two foreign men as he withdrew money from a Krungthai Bank ATM Machine opposite the Lek Hotel on Pattaya Second Road. He explained that three men approached from behind and snatched Mr. Huber's ATM card from the machine and ran away. Descriptions of the three men were given to Police who managed to locate two of them nearby. Mr. Nabil Hamdikene aged 32 and Mr. Haseem Hagrim aged 26, both French nationals, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and identified by the German victim. The stolen MasterCard was recovered from one of the suspects and a machine used to scan ATM card magnetic strips was found in a bag belonging to the other suspect. Both suspects were later taken to their Hotel rooms and we understand the investigation is ongoing at this time.

-Pattaya City News

French passport , but look as North african...

Try them quick, sentence them heavily, send them in the worst prison of Thailand, keep them there for the whole time of sentence, and then send them back to wherever, and then, see if they still need to act like they did !

Besides, wherever they are from is not relevant.....

Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord.