Tattoos

Been there done that

Surely it says more about the person who has a problem with what other people do with their bodies, than the actual person with the tattoos. Shouldn't they be looking within themselves? Why have they let life get to a point where they let  an image or another person get to them? 

Many countries in the world do not discriminate against people with tattoos in the workforce, as if they do, it can end up in a civil matter. 

5 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Surely it says more about the person who has a problem with what other people do with their bodies, than the actual person with the tattoos. Shouldn't they be looking within themselves? Why have they let life get to a point where they let  an image or another person get to them? 

Many countries in the world do not discriminate against people with tattoos in the workforce, as if they do, it can end up in a civil matter. 

Its just ugly mate and really out of hand where on the body they put their tattoos.

I have to look at it, in total amazement often.

Just now, Been there done that said:

Its just ugly mate and really out of hand where on the body they put their tattoos.

Many things in the world are ugly. I think you came unstuck when you talked about looking within themselves. Surely, it is something you may have to look into yourself if you cannot walk down the street without having some sort of emotional outburst at the sight of a tattoo 

On 02/11/2017 at 10:06 AM, Been there done that said:

i am sure you don't voice this opinion in public as you can still type and haven't had your head kicked in yet.

troll.

On 02/11/2017 at 1:52 AM, Ulysses G. said:

Can't understand why people get them. Maybe one in a thousand looks good and it makes it harder to make a positive impression or get a job. They ook even worse on women. :sad:

I've got a few, mainly kids birthdays,

Oh and for work I'm a qc engineer currently on a project in the UK on £430 a day my work has took me all over the world in the off shore and subsea game,

So my few tatts haven't really done me any harm on the job front

Is this a good place and time to ask? I have always wondered:
What is the reason (the reasons), that people decide to wear Tatoo's?
- This is a serious question and not meant in a deregatory way.
A cause, a reason, a conviction must be underlying.
The much quoted, "most Tatoo's were installed after a heavy night of drinking" may occur, but rather the exeption, me thinks.
Cheers.

5 hours ago, swissie said:

The much quoted, "most Tatoo's were installed after a heavy night of drinking" may occur, but rather the exeption, me thinks.
Cheers.

I am sure everyone has a specific reason that is personal to them. Some do it for, like I say, more personal things (family, membership, achievements, culture, all things that are based around some sort of close group context), then their may be reasons based around art. Then you have your reasons based around fashion or drunken/drug related nights. Even as a form of addiction, so rather than alcohol abuse, tattoos can be a substitute for what the person may consider healing when going through rough times. Also on the flip side of that, many people will get a tattoo to potentially help motivate them once they have passed tough times. Then obviously other situations like prison tats (example birds on the neck), fighting related tats (birds on the hands) etc etc. 

The point is that it is not so clear cut, and it is not just the rougher jobs or sections of communities that have them anymore. But I can see why people on this forum complain, they even complain about the clothes men wear. So in terms of where is the human race heading, I would say down hill very fast if people (like the OP) are seriously worrying themselves about things like this.  

Edited by wildewillie89

Tatts are a trend, they are in for a while, then they are out for a while, and then back in and out.     

I got two when I was 14 gigging school with a couple of mates, and we got them put on as a symbol of mate-ship if you like, we all got the same tatt on one arm above the elbow and one of our own picking on the other arm above the elbow.

Later in life I spent every 3 months for 7 years, I kid you not, getting them lasered off, not an inexpensive exercise at 5,000 baht per arm i.e. 10,000 baht each visit, although I did make an agreement with the doctor removing them, that I would pay 7,500 baht each visit and if they didn't come off by a dozen goes he would keep going until they were removed, sure enough he agreed and kept his promise and I went till I move here to Thailand, in all 30 visits, with one totally removed on one arm, the other 90% as the green fades in time, the last visit was 2 years ago.

I recall when I started getting them removed, the trend was starting with girls getting tatts on their lower backs, I have no regrets for the outlay, some 90,000 baht Vs 1,250 baht getting them on. The pain was unbearable in the beginning but went away as time past and you become used to it.

The funny part is I got two on my chest after a few years, easier to cover as opposed to your arms, and no regrets either, but they are words in black which can be removed in two visits as black is the easiest of the inks to remove as opposed to the greens, yellows and browns.

On 04/11/2017 at 6:24 AM, swissie said:

Cheers.