What type of dog is this?

It looks like a Shitsu...

Very easy dogs.

Our Heng-Heng is 16 years old (my GF says he is a Shitsu Toy bcz he is half as big as other Shitsu).
2 years ago he lost one eye and this year, he had water in the lung and has heart problems... but he is still very playful.

He eats cucumber or green beans every morning.
We also have 2 big dogs (Labrador-mix) but Heng-Heng is the boss!

I have one of these too... think its a Shih Tzu X poodle in your case.  Mine is a Shih Tzu X Bichon Fries mix.. as her fur is really fine, soft and fluffy like birds down feathers.  

They make very good pets, no fur shedding, easy going and good health usually.

This is a very rare bread Is a "Pushkin Rhapsody" As a matter of fact you are the proud owner of that very last

Member of that breed You should be delighted you have such a rare breed Very loving Full of love and very playful

and extremely  smart

Be happy

Just kidding It really does not matter as long and you love him

12 hours ago, Gregster said:

Perfect! I’m more than happy with a mongrel - as I was with my last dog, also a mongrel that I chose from the pound instead of a pedigree from a breeder friend.

Although I have always had purebred dogs (as I require specific traits), mongrels in general are usually a little bit healthier. Some research found of the 20 most common conditions seen by vets, 3 were more significantly seen among purebreds (ear infections, obesity and skin issues). Mongrels are good sturdy dogs.

Good luck with the little fella :)