PM in South in bid to help tackle floods

rooster59

PM in South in bid to help tackle floods

By THE NATION

c015cdae6e0f38fda8619505846805ee.jpeg

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, left, greets villagers with a victory sign from the back seat of a car as he and Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda arrive at Pak Phanang Basin Area Royal Development Project Coordination Centre.

Urges people to cooperate and also come up with suggestions.

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha visited the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat yesterday to give moral support to flood victims in the Pak Phanang basin and to suggest an approach to dealing with floods to the governors of Prachuap Khiri Khan and 14 other southern provinces.

Heavy morning rains had earlier forced the military plane carrying the premier to divert from Nakhon Si Thammarat airport to Wing 7 military airport in Surat Thani’s Punpin district.

25eb022da52a91f90285d8c08319c09c.jpeg

Prayut then took a two-and-a-half-hour road journey to the Pak Phanang Basin Area Royal Development Project Coordination Centre, where he met with provincial governors, farmers, and flood victims. Prayut said he brought along members of the Cabinet, including Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister General Chatchai Sarikulya, so they could work in a more integrated manner with local officials to formulate plans to tackle floods.

fe5dc42f4b83683dda0846d0eb3ce884.jpeg

Prayut urged people to cooperate with the government and share ideas to solve the flooding problem.

In the wake of flooding that has ravaged 23 northern provinces since October, Prayut said the government had tried to manage water in a way so as to minimise losses.

With major floods predicted for the South this weekend due to an incoming tropical depression, Prayut shared the recent experience in the North and Central regions.

78cebb0ee651015d45eabc60012a03f3.jpeg

It was necessary that those living in areas not protected by flood barriers faced the floodwaters in order to reduce flood impacts on more densely populated areas and key economic areas, as well as hospitals, he said. He urged people to follow weather news closely.

Parts of the South were already hit by heavy rains and waves up to three metres high. Prayut warned business operators and tourists to exercise caution. Tour operators must avoid the risk of their boats sinking and harming Thai people or foreign visitors.

5a978b213c9204863460f5b976a0b46a.jpeg

Noting that the South had four major dams and 39 small reservoirs where officials must also consider storing water for the drought season, Prayut suggested that the region apply the model recently used in Central Thailand, with 12 water-retention fields covering 1 million rai to help absorb floodwaters. 

‘Rain is just water’

He said he had come ahead of the expected floods to ensure all agencies, including the Armed Forces were prepared for an emergency situation, including evacuation, damage-repair and rehabilitation. “Come rains, we will fight them together. … Rain is just water. We are people with hands, feet and brains,” he said.

f723afe9848a138c14efb940c88f074b.jpeg

The South had high potential for tourism, farming (para-rubber and fruits) and fisheries, the premier said. He suggested people shift to growing palm oil and carefully plan their crops to ensure diversity, rather than growing a single economic crop, in order to keep up with competitors.

f2492cd2f169e9e395969ccf4660aa50.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30330757

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-04

Sir please do not insult Winston Churchill with your stolen salute, Churchill had to fight a world war and won, he did not just take over a country by force and against the rule of democracy. But keep well and please do not try and be something you cannot match up to.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut left, greets villagers with a victory sign

He must figure himself up there with the likes of Winston Churchill. This man's ego holds no bounds. 

He is all over the place like a bad rash solving every problem Thailand has. Still I can't blame him for that given what a mess some of his minister generals are making of their portfolios.

Victory.jpg

Edited by Cadbury

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Urges people to cooperate and also come up with suggestions.

Well there is one suggestion that comes flooding to mind. Interesting, too, that he's taken the Interior Minister with him . . . hopefully to let him know - eyeball-to-eyeball - that he's just been sacked, too, for making such a balls-up of the country's police force.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Sir please do not insult Winston Churchill with your stolen salute, Churchill had to fight a world war and won, he did not just take over a country by force and against the rule of democracy. But keep well and please do not try and be something you cannot match up to.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

He must figure himself up there with the likes of Winston Churchill. This man's ego holds no bounds. 

He is all over the place like a bad rash solving every problem Thailand has. Still I can't blame him for that given what a mess some of his minister generals are making of their portfolios.

Victory.jpg

I guess you two unknowingly persons, never seen other people doing the V-sign. Just very wierd comments to miscredit a persons real motive.
I am not saying he is perfect in anyway, but the V-sign has never been exclusive for WC. That´s just what all the Brits believe.

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I guess you two unknowingly persons, never seen other people doing the V-sign. Just very wierd comments to miscredit a persons real motive.
I am not saying he is perfect in anyway, but the V-sign has never been exclusive for WC. That´s just what all the Brits believe.

Myself and others are entitled to have an opinion just like yourself. Any opinion different to your own always seems to draw out your predictable boorish response. What a bitter person you must be.

39 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Lighten up mate. Don’t you think it’s premature to flash the V sign when he has yet to solve any flood problem.

31 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Lighten up mate. Don’t you think it’s premature to flash the V sign when he has yet to solve any flood problem.

That might be true. Is there any reason in the world to compare him with, or think he believe he´s at the same level as WC?
That was the point of my reply. Guess you missed that.

Edited by Get Real

46 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Myself and others are entitled to have an opinion just like yourself. Any opinion different to your own always seems to draw out your predictable boorish response. What a bitter person you must be.

I am not bitter at all. I f you think it´s predictable and boring responses, that´s all up to you.
The real thing is that you didn´t form a opinion. You made a comparision. Before posting a comment it is wise to know the differens between an opinion and a comparision.
If it´s too boring, don´t bother with a response. Cheers!

Best thing the PM could have done to help the flooding situation, would have been to stay away !!

Then all the yes men, brown noses could have better spent their time doing their jobs.

Rather than running around after the PM trying to look important.

51 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I am not bitter at all. I f you think it´s predictable and boring responses, that´s all up to you.
The real thing is that you didn´t form a opinion. You made a comparision. Before posting a comment it is wise to know the differens between an opinion and a comparision.
If it´s too boring, don´t bother with a response. Cheers!

You need to sharpen up and Get Real. And there I was thinking you knew everything. Silly me.

I did not say boring....... I said boorish. As in "predictably boorish".

Boorish

adjective

1. rough and bad-mannered; coarse.
    "boorish behaviour"
    synonyms: coarse, uncouth, rude, discourteous, impolite, ungentlemanly, unladylike, ill-mannered, churlish, gruff,  uncultured, unsophisticated, unrefined, common, 

Cheers!

Edited by Cadbury

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes, my Thai wife tells me it's the 'happy-happy' sign that Thai kids often can't resist using when having their pics snapped . . . a bit sad, I've always thought. Question is, GR, why do you think this big kid is using it? 'Happy-happy' or 'Victory' . . . or maybe 'just look at me, folks; I'm here to save you'. This guy is worth another type of V-sign alright.

40 minutes ago, Ossy said:

or maybe 'just look at me, folks; I'm here to save you'. This guy is worth another type of V-sign alright.

I would guess that you´re right on spot with that he just do it to be seen, exactly like you say with the use of the sign here. Even grown ups do the sign in their photos, unfortunately.
What sign he is worth is a totally different story. Were you thinking about the old alien TV-serie? :smile:

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

‘Rain is just water’

He said he had come ahead of the expected floods to ensure all agencies, including the Armed Forces were prepared for an emergency situation, including evacuation, damage-repair and rehabilitation. “Come rains, we will fight them together. … Rain is just water. We are people with hands, feet and brains,” he said.

This lip service and motivation is getting boring. I hope everyone can see this man is just on the campaign trail....and has given himself quite a head start on the competition.

31 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I would guess that you´re right on spot with that he just do it to be seen, exactly like you say with the use of the sign here. Even grown ups do the sign in their photos, unfortunately.
What sign he is worth is a totally different story. Were you thinking about the old alien TV-serie? :smile:

No, you numpty . . . there's only one sort of V-sign that UK farangs reserve for scum like this, unless Sheriff Uck of Finland pays a surprise visit, of course.

27 minutes ago, coulson said:

Rain is just water. We are people with hands, feet and brains,” he said.

I can't believe that he actually said the 'B' word . . . the cheeky, lying unowot.

28 minutes ago, coulson said:

This lip service and motivation is getting boring. I hope everyone can see this man is just on the campaign trail....and has given himself quite a head start on the competition.

Too true and you've got to ask 'Which silly prat gave him this excellent strategy?' . . . he can't have thought it up, himself.

P1 for PM.jpg

1 hour ago, coulson said:

But there is no competition. To date any competition has been made illegal. This is a one horse race.

All the other horses have either been handicapped out of the race or fallen before even reaching the first hurdle.

Edited by Cadbury

This man has no self awareness. He thinks that people don't notice the idiotic things he does. Having spectacularly failed for 4 months to do anything about the floods on Ayuttaya and Isaan.....he is not going to make a divine visit to the South and cure their flooding problem. Words fail me. 

10 hours ago, Get Real said:

You know what they say and its very true, people remember the first to do it but the copycats never get remembered. When you win a race your the first not second or 3rd

7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

You know what they say and its very true, people remember the first to do it but the copycats never get remembered. When you win a race your the first not second or 3rd

And you had been reading your facts, I can see. :clap2:

There is unsupported evidence that the V-sign was used already in the 15th century, by the so called longbowmen. After that it´s recorded as used 1901 by worker in UK, that didn´t want to be photographed.

That will mean your dear Winston seems to be a copycat too, or at least in 3rd place as you prefer to make it sound.

PM in South in bid to help tackle floods."

Doing his bit for victory by filling a few sandbags I suppose?

Incidentally, looking at those pictures, there is nothing that looks quite as silly as a soldier in full combat kit, holding an umbrella.....

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

And you had been reading your facts, I can see. :clap2:

There is unsupported evidence that the V-sign was used already in the 15th century, by the so called longbowmen. After that it´s recorded as used 1901 by worker in UK, that didn´t want to be photographed.

That will mean your dear Winston seems to be a copycat too, or at least in 3rd place as you prefer to make it sound.

So you insult one of the worlds greatest leaders, Winston used the reverse not the forward version.

Where would we be today if not for Winston, in a bloody mess I expect fighting for our rights and trying to get rid of the scum that took over the world. But unfortunately still and lying about in other country's still.

You are talking about a great man not a frog, please remember that.

Edited by wakeupplease

10 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So you insult one of the worlds greatest leaders, Winston used the reverse not the forward version

I don´t think you get this. I insulted your comment. Not Winston Churchill. He never stated that he was first with anything. I guess he had more self confidence than the need to do that.

As second he was not using the reverse from start. He changed to that, but I guess it was the sign that was important.

Never said he was a frog. Never said he was not great. That´s your words and assumption because you don not understand what you read. That´s the real sad story.