Tourist boat capsizes in Andaman Sea

webfact

Tourist boat capsizes in Andaman Sea

913b6fb874c99ae9e12991b364ca5ff6.jpeg

A tour boat carrying 16 Chinese tourists and several Thais sunk off Phang Nga Bay on Sunday morning, as a mechanical issue was being repaired and large waves capsized the vessel, said Ao Phang Nga National Park chief Sarayuth Tansathien.

A 29-year-old Chinese tourist sustained bruises on her chest and arms while the rest of the passengers were rescued without suffering injuries.

Thai tourist Narumon Jayor, 19, said the boat’s engine suddenly stopped near Koh Raya and boat crew members were repairing it in mid-sea when large waves hit the boat. The tourists were wearing life jackets and officials responding to the incident rescued them.

Sarayuth said authorities had warned people about strong winds and waves in the Andaman Sea and urged fishing trawlers and tour boats to exercise caution.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330873

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-06

When i was on the longtailboat to Riley island the whole engine broke off it's stand and almost dropped in sea.

My friend had to hold it in place while i was scooping water out of the boat from the huge waves which came overboard.

The boat was overloaded and i'll never ever again on a Thai boat at sea.

I was going to Lipe it's like 2h on water.

50 ppl in boat and it's all fenced in the sides with soon roof, felt trapped no escape if capsized. Terrible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk