‘Violent attack’ in Brit tourist’s plea for fundraising exposed as fake

snoop1130

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Jenny2017 really stupid to defer on this one! Makes you look silly. Love how you put Americans first lol. There are 5 pages of posts already and when this story first came out many ( mainly British ) posters tried to imply these two jerk/ scamming Brits were telling the truth and a lot Thai bashing ensued. On the other hand many other Brits called them out immediately ( good for your sleuths, really ) But not ONE single poster who said things like " why would they lie" or "this happens all the time in Thailand" has come on this thread to admit they were wrong!  Not one! They should be named and shamed along with the two scamming pig couple.  

Let me guess. You are American. I must have been one of the first posters who wrote ( in the original OP) that there's something very fishy, because it was too obvious that too many things didn't add up.

My post was the reply to a post you should have copied and pasted as well, before you're trying to hang me here.

Americans first didn't mean that they are the ones who are the biggest liars.

Here's the post and my response: Oh, and please tell me if that's not true. 

12 hours ago, than said:

Some British are true champions of false complaints to be reimbursed for their holidays......

Some Americans, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Nigerians, etc..as well

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I read about many fake cancer fund me pages at home. The last one was a very respectable wealthy woman who had lots of friends and had a couple daughters and let it drag on for over a year. Thousands and thousands of dollars were raised ( and tears shed amongst friends) She did have mental problems but you really have to investigate before you donate even if you know the person. These fund me pages pop up for everything now. 

I was living in a small country town and a woman did a fake cancer fund, the whole town rallied behind her. She even shaved her head to simulate chemo therapy. It wasn't until someone noticed that she still had eyebrows that it all fell apart.

15 hours ago, Mansinthe said:

Thanks to brexit there will be more from the UK that feel the need to sponsor their vaccations with scams and fraud.

Hope they publicly shame these people. Criminal record and stop them from returning ever again.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

This couple are scoundrels and parasites. Unfortunately there is an ever increasing number of people, from all walks of life, who think this is acceptable.

It would be a good idea, if the U.K authorities were to cancel their passport, then they will not be able to repeat this scam.

22 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Let me guess. You are American. I must have been one of the first posters who wrote ( in the original OP) that there's something very fishy, because it was too obvious that too many things didn't add up.

My post was the reply to a post you should have copied and pasted as well, before you're trying to hang me here.

Americans first didn't mean that they are the ones who are the biggest liars.

Here's the post and my response: Oh, and please tell me if that's not true. 

12 hours ago, than said:

Some British are true champions of false complaints to be reimbursed for their holidays......

Some Americans, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Nigerians, etc..as well

The thread is about a British couple who lied and put up a false fund me page. Just deal with it. No need to defer at all. Not necessary. For example to be more nuetral in country choices. How  many threads are there on TVF about Nigerians and Chinese hurting themselves here in Thailand and setting up fund me pages??   Just fund me pages?? 

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So many "Thailand is not safe, and this is a classic example" bashers on the main thread, must be eating their words now ! :passifier:

BS.   The real story here is that conditions in Thailand are such that he assumed he could get away with this!   'The same for insurance scammers in Pattaya claiming LB theft of their gold chains, jewelry & cash because it happens for real all the time.   One foreign lowlife gets caught with a scam of his own and you think that erases the lack of safety that DOES exist.  'Don't know who's eating their words, but I do see a "classic example" of somebody not taking their meds...   (And, really, aren't you a bit old for a pacifier?)

they may have got out of thailand but i'd imagine the british coppers will be spending them a visit. who knows if they are blacklisted. akachai got a watch out of it so maybe not 5555

just joking. that's insurance fraud so they will get a visit back home. stupid. could have made up a believable story. they must have been drunk

5 minutes ago, Lopchan said:

Crowd funding page has been taken down. I hope all those gullible people who donated get their money back and crowdfunding UK pursue fraud charges against this pair of lowlifes

Great. It's insane to fund a thief, isn't it? 

There's another guy last night who'd posted a "go fund my father in law with broken legs after an accident." It was obvious that the guy was trying to milk TV members, but after reporting it, the post and replies were taken out. Thanks to the Mods. 

These people are doing all that such people who're really in need of help don't get it, just because so many are lying about their circumstances.

15 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

BS.   The real story here is that conditions in Thailand are such that he assumed he could get away with this!   'The same for insurance scammers in Pattaya claiming LB theft of their gold chains, jewelry & cash because it happens for real all the time.   One foreign lowlife gets caught with a scam of his own and you think that erases the lack of safety that DOES exist.  'Don't know who's eating their words, but I do see a "classic example" of somebody not taking their meds...   (And, really, aren't you a bit old for a pacifier?)

The real story is Thai bashers were left with egg on their faces, not for the first time. As so many have said on this thread already through their own experience the chances of getting mugged and beaten up in Thailand are rare.

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

The real story is Thai bashers were left with egg on their faces, not for the first time. As so many have said on this thread already through their own experience the chances of getting mugged and beaten up in Thailand are rare.

true that

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

i loved post 9, typical thaivisa armchair detective, keep taking the medication.

Got to love it.

So tell us Mr Expert. What was Mr Laverty really doing as he was walking down the hallway of a hotel he wasn't staying at, checking the doors to see if any of them were unlocked ?

I've seen people do exactly the same thing (to doors and cars) and it wasn't because it was a "hobby".

Let me guess, he didn't really step on that balcony and jump off either, did he ? 

I'm obviously not the one that's taking medication.

No wonder I  am so cold-hearted to pleas for financial assistance from anyone. This is only one of so many scams I have seen in my 73 years. Not only do low-life individuals prey on unsuspecting caring people, but so do commonly-accepted institutions. In my younger days, I worked with DC Child and Family Services in Washington D.C., Catholic Relief Services in Vietnam, the Red Cross in the Philippines, Protestant and Catholic Churches in Florida, and contributed to many community and social services efforts in Ohio. In almost every one of them I found fraud, deception and down-right thievery. I have seen so many expats trying to scam others; I have become immune to their pleas. It has gotten so bad that I won't even give to obviously impaired beggars--because I know some of them are faking it. However, I have to admit, I do not lose sleep over it. I am generous to a fault with my friends and family. What gets me is how so many people travel around the world with no money and somehow expect others to foot the bill when they screw-up.     

25 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Wasted opportunity - he could have pushed his supersize wife off the balcony, claimed her life insurance, married a Thai bargirl, bought her a house and lived happily ever after.

I have just diagnosed you as being a psychopath

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Why some British...some people :whistling:Pfffff

Why some British? See Rimmer's post above. I'm a Brit by the way, so I have no axe to grind here.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

So much for my Ladyboy theory, well at least I didn't buy their story in the first place, although many would be feeling duped.

You're not the only one, I had a ladyboy theory too, in my naivety I didn't suspect they were both just pure scammers, and probably thieves too.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

<deleted>.  I for one have been mugged here, in Bangkok.  Truth is the dangers are clear, just that these two chancers noticed it was such a common occurrence they assumed they could get away with it with a particularly crappy plot

2 minutes ago, Cranky said:

<deleted>.  I for one have been mugged here, in Bangkok.  Truth is the dangers are clear, just that these two chancers noticed it was such a common occurrence they assumed they could get away with it with a particularly crappy plot

Yeah sure is , hardly a day goes by without reading a story about a woman going to the toilet , her husband outside gets kidnapped and had a gun pointed too his face , then he gets taken away and robbed and then mysteriously suffers bad leg injuries , happened three times last Thursday alone

Archived